What's new

Afteraftermath leaks & rumors ... enter only with a huge grain of salt (Warning: Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
@SteamDB
As of ~17:42 UTC Steam started enforcing access tokens to access package info, this means SteamDB will no longer be able to get info for packages that are not in the store or we have no token for.

if warner got mad and it lead to this? coincidence? who knows...
I am not well versed in steam lingo. Does this basically mean that steam files or game editions won't be able to be leaked before release?

So after finally finishing the story I can join the gossip, any leak about potential KP or even Aftermath getting even more story content that sounds legit aside from OP - the guy who leaked that has been proven untrustworthy so that's debunked I guess? I have to say though, Shang Tsung's ending screams getting a story focused on Havik and the whole Chaos and Orderrealm, especially since Havik is mentioned in the story as well as Joker's ending. He's clearly on their minds and we know he's Kittelsen's favourite character. If I had to bet, I'd say Havik is a lock and given what my source told me that he's a possibility a while back, I just have a good feeling he will be in when it's all said and done.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
So after finally finishing the story I can join the gossip, any leak about potential KP or even Aftermath getting even more story content that sounds legit aside from OP - the guy who leaked that has been proven untrustworthy so that's debunked I guess? I have to say though, Shang Tsung's ending screams getting a story focused on Havik and the whole Chaos and Orderrealm, especially since Havik is mentioned in the story as well as Joker's ending. He's clearly on their minds and we know he's Kittelsen's favourite character. If I had to bet, I'd say Havik is a lock and given what my source told me that he's a possibility a while back, I just have a good feeling he will be in when it's all said and done.
Unfortunately (for Havik), Kittelsen isn't writing MK11 story anymore. But I do think the cleric has a tremendous chance of making it, as DLC at the least.

Dvdgamescentral and I had a final shoot out which basically ended with him telling me and others who doubted him to go suck our dicks. He also said that he will never leak anything again because he doesn't want me to read it (I think love is in the air). At any rate, he was beating his chest that Havik, Daegon and Rambo would be announced in June, though I bet my left nut that in case this doesn't happen he will blame it on the riots or the corona virus.

As for the endings, people are divided. Some think that Liu Kang's ending is canon and will spawn a Shaolin Monks prequel, others (like moi) believe that Shang's ending is canon and a 2nd Story DLC is coming with Havik and Hotaru forming a dysfunctional alliance to repel the Sorcerer turned Titan.

EDIT: Shang Tsung namedropping Havik was glorious. This was the first time Havik was mentioned in the canon story ever since the MK9 reboot.

Unfortunately (for Havik), Kittelsen isn't writing MK11 story anymore. But I do think the cleric has a tremendous chance of making it, as DLC at the least.

Dvdgamescentral and I had a final shoot out which basically ended with him telling me and others who doubted him to go suck our dicks. He also said that he will never leak anything again because he doesn't want me to read it (I think love is in the air). At any rate, he was beating his chest that Havik, Daegon and Rambo would be announced in June, though I bet my left nut that in case this doesn't happen he will blame it on the riots or the corona virus.

As for the endings, people are divided. Some think that Liu Kang's ending is canon and will spawn a Shaolin Monks prequel, others (like moi) believe that Shang's ending is canon and a 2nd Story DLC is coming with Havik and Hotaru forming a dysfunctional alliance to repel the Sorcerer turned Titan.

EDIT: Shang Tsung namedropping Havik was glorious. This was the first time Havik was mentioned in the canon story ever since the MK9 reboot.
I definitely think Liu's ending sets up for a nice going back to the original story pre-MK1 in MK12 but Shang's definitely makes one for story DLC and both can be true. Shang's would make sense if they revisit Deception's story, but highly doubt they will. I still highly doubt we get Aftermath pt.2 but hey, if this one is successful enough...It would be something for the final, truly complete edition with all characters, KP3 and everything if it happens so that is end 2021 but probably 2022.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I don't believe it. I think a new story mode is almost guaranteed, unless this ones sales were really bad.
A 2nd DLC story add-on could be made without Kittelsen.

I definitely think Liu's ending sets up for a nice going back to the original story pre-MK1 in MK12 but Shang's definitely makes one for story DLC and both can be true.
I find that unlikely, considering that each Aftermath ending disregards the other.

Mr.Khen

I am you
Hmmmm

I still think there's a high chance that Shang's ending is canon
Also, Fujin's default skin is the one he's wearing on Shang's ending.. which might be a subtle hint?

and the fax Liu isn't wearing the crown in his ending but Shang does which I have mentioned previously somewhere...

Honestly I am curious...

Fujin and Raiden intro dialogues are as well, very suspicious to me,

In the story they were kind to one another, and that's not what you would expect from their interactions... but it's almost deliberately dark and their interaction might imply that they are from Shang's ending..

+ We got a skin of Shang wearing the crown, is there one for Liu?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
random thing for potential onaga since he's mentioned a lot in pre-fight dialogue now

going all the way back to when shang was released he had a dialogue with liu kang
paraphrasing here

"so you have come from the future sorceror?"
"yes, sent back in time by you in fact"
"enough of your lies!"

So yeah they plant the seeds of these kinda things well ahead of time.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I think it's possible that an upcoming story DLC will be about Shang Tsung's ending, feature Havik, Hotaru, some other characters.

But for MK12 they'll probably go with Liu Kang's ending.

Shang Tsung's ending feels more like a what if. They've cornered themselves again, so rebooting is the only way out.

Mr.Khen

I am you
I think it's possible that an upcoming story DLC will be about Shang Tsung's ending, feature Havik, Hotaru, some other characters.

But for MK12 they'll probably go with Liu Kang's ending.

Shang Tsung's ending feels more like a what if. They've cornered themselves again, so rebooting is the only way out.
Valid option.

Also, maybe Liu's ending is the reboot, and he somehow survived the ending using the whole time travel shenanigans and his plan is to go back in time to the first tournament knowing what's the outcome of every battle using it to his advantage, kind of like how Raiden had his Amulet to guide him only Liu Kang has actually been there and he will know how to take down Shang Tsung.. I love speculating ngl

I do wonder if they do go with a reboot and I wonder if it would it be the same story retold again?
.. I have a feeling they are done re-telling the same story we all know.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Here's my theory:

NRS will make one of the two endings the 'canon' ending, depending on how well Aftermath will sell and be received.

If Aftermath sells well, the Shang ending becomes canon and a 2nd DLC story will be released, based on Orderealm and Chaosrealm.

If Aftermath sells poorly, Liu Kang's ending becomes canon and becomes the basis either for MK12 or a Shaolin Monks-esque spin off.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Here's my theory:

NRS will make one of the two endings the 'canon' ending, depending on how well Aftermath will sell and be received.

If Aftermath sells well, the Shang ending becomes canon and a 2nd DLC story will be released, based on Orderealm and Chaosrealm.

If Aftermath sells poorly, Liu Kang's ending becomes canon and becomes the basis either for MK12 or a Shaolin Monks-esque spin off.

:)

Here's my theory:

My source is adamant there's 0% chance of more story. Liu Kang's is definitely canon when it comes to MK12 potentially, since I'm not even sure we'll get another MK.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
My source is adamant there's 0% chance of more story. Liu Kang's is definitely canon when it comes to MK12 potentially, since I'm not even sure we'll get another MK.
Hence your assurance that dvdgamescentral's leak is bullshit, I take it?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I mean... we’ll get another MK, the question is when. However, I’d be more than ok with NRS taking an extended break from the series after everything is said and done with MK11.

Hence your assurance that dvdgamescentral's leak is bullshit, I take it?
Well I think he was already disproven by yourself, so not really related and the story itself just does not line up at all with what we've seen. Also we just have to concede that Liu's ending just seems final and it's a great ending to be sure. Even if they would go with more story, no way it would be going back in time again, going through the crown nonsense and creating a whole new story would be too costly since new areas would need to be designed, etc. It's already great we got this and I can live with this being it as opposed to the original story, which left a lot more to be desired about what happens next as well as question marks about mainly Shang Tsung and story parts being cut.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I mean... we’ll get another MK, the question is when. However, I’d be more than ok with NRS taking an extended break from the series after everything is said and done with MK11.
yep ..... it's just a fucking joke, and a very bad taste one, to doubt about if we will have (or not) another MK game in future .... of course we will have it ! we always will have a MK game, no matter what .... MK franchise is too much powerful regarding fan base appealing and profitable lucrative consuming to be left out without games, lol ! With or without Ed Boon and NRS involvement, MK games will continue to exist, to be made ..... in future :p

the question , the big one, is really, when will come out .... with the reboot , that started with MK9, sure the series was following a certain "predictable" pattern, with a new game coming each 4 years life cycle, with a Injustice game coming and replacing, when a previous MK title had finished its marketable potencial ..... this worked out until now, but, it's very possible, as a lot of people already pointed out here, that the classic 2 years support life span logical between MK games and Injustice will be broken, and will take longer, after MK11, to have another MK new game ..... ;)

as people said, a new IP , or a classic adventure game like Shaolin Monks, it's welcome ...... but all depends the size of WB's greed and love for money ..... if they (WB) give opportunity and freedom to NRS work in something different, and this way, allow them (NRS) to take risks, in order to bring something different, that's something .... :DOGE

but, if instead, they are fucking affraid and want to play safe as always, and keep the things the way they have been doing so far, you can expect nothing, but, Injustice 3 coming next, in end of 2022 or middle of 2023, and MK12 coming very later in 2026 ..... hehe :joker:

Mr.Khen

I am you
Here's my theory:

If there was any chance for another story DLC I bet they are already working on it as it seems they plan this at least a year ahead if not more, so I am not sure if it has to do with sales since it's obvious the game generates them tons of money and it's all about "do we want to invest more money into this already money making machine" or are we just bored with it and we want to move on to the next project.

Mr.Khen

I am you
1. Can't help but wonder - why would you want them to take break?

I actually really don't want them to take a break from MK. ever.
It's like asking Apple to take a break from making new iphones

2. Why wouldn't you want a NEW MK title?

I just seriously can't get enough. :)

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
1. Can't help but wonder - why would you want them to take break?

I actually really don't want them to take a break from MK. ever.
It's like asking Apple to take a break from making new iphones

2. Why wouldn't you want a NEW MK title?

I just seriously can't get enough. :)
The best reason I can think of for taking a break would be to learn new skills/polish existing skills, and give more time to let ideas develop.
the next NRS title, whatever it is, will be for next-gen systems. It would be good to have a buffer.
I look at the leaps the series took since they started adding Injustice into their schedule, and how ideas for one influenced the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.