What's new

Afteraftermath leaks & rumors ... enter only with a huge grain of salt (Warning: Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
im still not 100% sold he was wrong in the end
maybe got details wonky but choose your ending and spelling out the concept of the void (which nobody coulda possibly have guessed before hand) lend it credence.
What kills his credibility is the fact that he repeatedly tried to take credit for other people's leaks and leaking stuff which is flat out bullshit.

Tried to take credit for Robocop, despite talking about him AFTER the ROB datamine.
Tried to take credit for the Hotaru/Darrius banner, despite it being leaked from Hupko's MK11 unlocker.
Fucked up in the Raiden (and then Fujin) working with Shang to kill (then trap, then defeat) Scorpion thingie.
Beats his chest about having pics of Shinnok in the Aftermath 2.0 when almost any other leaker says it ain't happening.
Claims to know the cast of the 2nd MK movie, when it's doubtful that it has even been greenlit yet.

And it's a shame, because if he kept his leaks to the things he actually knows and was right about, people would give him a lot more respect (Choose your ending, and Rambo if he ends up being correct).

The worst part? If Rambo ends up being true and Aftermath 2.0 never happens, and the remaining 8-10 characters end up being nothing like his 'leak/prediction', he will still claim he was right about everything, when in fact he'll only be right in 2 out of 20 leaks.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
The worst part? If Rambo ends up being true and Aftermath 2.0 never happens, and the remaining 8-10 characters end up being nothing like his 'leak/prediction', he will still claim he was right about everything, when in fact he'll only be right in 2 out of 20 leaks.
Those who are right about rambo are right about all things in life namaste~~~ :eek::eek::eek:

mattteo

Noob
My source is adamant there's 0% chance of more story. Liu Kang's is definitely canon when it comes to MK12 potentially, since I'm not even sure we'll get another MK.

How much does your source know about story content? I believe the guy from the leak because it just lines up with everything else I've heard. You also talked about Mileena and Havik. Kind of hard to think that if they fill another 8 to 10 character slots (as we know from the datamine) they will not release another story chapter. They included all the characters who were DLC in the story, outside from the guests Terminator, Joker and Robocop.

There was this one leak who I think Nickolaidas said was the guy with the dvd name one year ago (I'm not sure it was him though, but I just know I read it somewhere- can't find it now) and it had the Mileena, Shinnok and Shang Tsung characters in it. And we know Shang came true. There is someone who made a compilation of them: https://twtext.com/article/1258509117112463360

Nobody can tell me this leak in the following link isn't true because it just didn't talk about a 4th stage. Maybe they just didn't know or forgot to mention. Everything else was right. A long time before any other Aftermath leaks, look at the date: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/frmmgk
And it also lists Havik, Daegon and a guest coming next, just that the guest is Ash.

And this one by the same username as the one that came 100% true about Aftermath with the site description (WaddlesLeaker): https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/gejs4r
Lists the same characters with Michael Myers instead of Ash.

The dvd leak goes more into detail and describes the actual stories and I think they got it right here: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/gnbxn7
It's hard to guess all that stuff about the story mode, like Fujin and Shang doing their thing together, Sheeva dying by Sindel, the double ending, the "brothers" dialogue between Fujin and Raiden. There is also the mistake about Jacqui which makes me raise an eyebrow, cause Jacqui didn't fight against Cetrion, yet her and Jax arrive at Shang Tsung's island right after and meet with older Jax.

He also goes into great detail for the supposed 2nd chapter of this Aftermath so would be easily exposed and humiliated if fake. And based on the initial leak from 1 year ago, we knew about Shinnok, Mileena and Shang Tsung.

The fact that baffles me is that the leaks that mentions June 12 has other characters as upcoming DLC: Ashrah, Kai, Deathstroke, John Wick.

I believe that the dvd guy has newer information maybe, he said he works at a gaming centre which gets information every 6 months or so, as he had said that Ashrah was at one point considered and scraped. Why Kai, Deathstroke or John Wick would have been scraped is a wild guess, but I think for guests it's not easy to make a deal.

His supposed movie thread about the upcoming cinematic Mortal Kombat had a spoiler which a guy on gamefaqs, STEROLIZER, claims only a few people knew and told me about it. So this makes it more believable.

As Nickolaidas says, the fact that the banner of Hotaru and Darrius was previously leaked by someone else could be a evidence that he's not the only one who knows things, but all these leaks seem to converge on these characters as DLC: Havik, Daegon, guest (Ash? Myers? Rambo?), Quan Chi, Shinnok, Mileena and a few more.

Oh yeah, this leak said pretty much the same and this guys also seems to know some things: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/g95bn2 (scroll down to find it)

@Nickolaidas about the Raiden and Shnag Tsung teaming up to kill Scorpion, I think you're mixing him up with another leak that came 1 year ago and said the stuff about Kronika enacting Armageddon 2.0 and Jade and Kotal bein in a relationship and Reiko and Sareena being among the DLC, together with Joker, Sindel, Nightwolf, Fujin etc.

And that one was 90% right too, except for Reiko and Sareena, But even if Reiko and Sareena weren't made as fast as the others, can we just safely say that they were completely replaced if we will have 8-10 more characters coming (depending on whether we believe the 42 characters datamining or the 19 DLC datamining, without Shao Kahn and Frost ). Surely there will be Reiko and Sareena among those. I think maybe Reiko wouldn't cause he has an assist in the game and instead of him they might have taken out the assist for Havik. But Quan Chi or Takeda or Shinnok also have assists and they appear in most the leaks.

Now, sure, there is mention of Sektor and Kronika in the datamines, but most of that stuff was always there and the mentions thetiny made in the past about possible DLCs like Stryker have lead nowhere. I think this will be the same. Maybe Sektor will be fought in the Towers or something. I really, really doubt Sektor is DLC again, forcing people to buy another robot after they bought Triborg in MKX. And the skins of Robocop really make it like Cyrax and Sektor are represented in the game through him.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
By the Elder Gods, @mattteo excellent post!

Holy shit, I just realized that the screen shot leaked before MK11s release already had every DLC spot on it

I guess it's possible they'd release three more characters in the second half of 2020. It doesn't seem too far fetched.

Another story DLC however, it's difficult because right now there is a pandemic going on and lots of stuff related to movies and video games have been delayed.
In any case, the leaks said that a second story DLC would be released in 2021, so...

Regarding Sektor, by the way things have been going I don't think they'll force anyone to buy it. Looks more like a possible unlockable character in the future.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Lots of stuff to unpack here...

There was this one leak who I think Nickolaidas said was the guy with the dvd name one year ago (I'm not sure it was him though, but I just know I read it somewhere- can't find it now) and it had the Mileena, Shinnok and Shang Tsung characters in it. And we know Shang came true. There is someone who made a compilation of them: https://twtext.com/article/1258509117112463360
If you're talking about the March 2019 leak which had the DLC almost down to a T as well as story elements like Jax and Reptile in the Krypt, dvdgamescentral officially stated that it wasn't him. So he doesn't take credit for anything the March 2019 leak got right.

EDIT: Ah, I see it now. Yeah, that's based on another leak which claimed that Mileena, Shinnok and Rain/Shang Tsung would be Krypt unlockable characters, and that each area of the Krypt was based on a realm (Edenia, Netherealm, etc.).

Nobody can tell me this leak in the following link isn't true because it just didn't talk about a 4th stage. Maybe they just didn't know or forgot to mention. Everything else was right. A long time before any other Aftermath leaks, look at the date: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/frmmgk
And it also lists Havik, Daegon and a guest coming next, just that the guest is Ash.
This leak claims that Ash, Havik and Daegon should be part of Aftermath - they weren't. He also claims that the KP2 (Aftermath) characters will be sporadically released throughout the year and only the three stages will be available immediately when Aftermath lands - they weren't. Fujin, Sheeva and Robocop were also available day 1.

Since 2020 isn't finished however, I'm waiting to see what else might get announced. Verdict is still up, but I think it's 50% bullshit.

And this one by the same username as the one that came 100% true about Aftermath with the site description (WaddlesLeaker): https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/gejs4r
Lists the same characters with Michael Myers instead of Ash.
The Aftermath story description in this leak is bullshit and it's not four chapters. It is not centered on Fire God Liu Kang and he doesn't have any sort of choices to make. Havik, Daegon and Myers didn't come with Aftermath. Kytin Hive, Special Forces Desert Command and Black Dragon Club did not get stage fatalities. The 18 skins is an estimation the leaker makes by multiplying the 6 DLC characters he thought we would get by 3 (to make it 18, despite it ending up as 12 [3 plus 9 (3x3)]). That said, he may be the only leaker who got Retrokade's description correct, though it could a really really lucky guess based on the name of the arena.

The dvd leak goes more into detail and describes the actual stories and I think they got it right here: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/gnbxn7
It's hard to guess all that stuff about the story mode, like Fujin and Shang doing their thing together, Sheeva dying by Sindel, the double ending, the "brothers" dialogue between Fujin and Raiden. There is also the mistake about Jacqui which makes me raise an eyebrow, cause Jacqui didn't fight against Cetrion, yet her and Jax arrive at Shang Tsung's island right after and meet with older Jax.

He also goes into great detail for the supposed 2nd chapter of this Aftermath so would be easily exposed and humiliated if fake. And based on the initial leak from 1 year ago, we knew about Shinnok, Mileena and Shang Tsung.
If dvdgamescentral works at a retail shop, it is quite possible he got his copy earlier (like others did with FF7 remake) played it and posed himself as an insider who talks with people with NRS connections, while he's just an average joe who got his hands early on his Christmas present. Thus, everything he got right in Aftermath's story is easily explained.

As for the 2nd part of Aftermath exposing him (in case it doesn't happen) he can always play the 'plans change' card and claim that they scrapped the DLC altogether because they wanted to pull all resources on Injustice 3 or something.

The fact that baffles me is that the leaks that mentions June 12 has other characters as upcoming DLC: Ashrah, Kai, Deathstroke, John Wick.

I believe that the dvd guy has newer information maybe, he said he works at a gaming centre which gets information every 6 months or so, as he had said that Ashrah was at one point considered and scraped. Why Kai, Deathstroke or John Wick would have been scraped is a wild guess, but I think for guests it's not easy to make a deal.

His supposed movie thread about the upcoming cinematic Mortal Kombat had a spoiler which a guy on gamefaqs, STEROLIZER, claims only a few people knew and told me about it. So this makes it more believable.
I doubt that a gaming centre would get detailed story summaries and cutscene pictures about a DLC which will be released one year from now and probably isn't made at all at this point, but that's just me.

As for the guests, I love the fact that he's saying that Ash was cancelled, yet at the same time he says 'negotiations are still going', in a way to give us a 'I told you so' whether Ash is in or out. Win-win at its finest.

When he posted his first movie 'leak' and people said it sounds like bullshit, he responded with things like 'What didn't you like about it?' and 'What would you change?', as if he was gathering feedback for his fanfic (I can verify this as I was that reddit thread at that particular time). He also edited his leak once a real leak came out and changed it accordingly so that it would seem plausible, but some users called him out on this (I admit I wasn't following the movie leak at that point because I didn't want to be spoiled in case it was true, so I cannot verify the last part but I'm pretty sure they're telling the truth).

But what I refuse to believe, in any shape or form, is the fact that he claimed he knew which MK characters are going to be in the fucking SEQUEL. The SEQUEL of a movie WHICH ISN'T EVEN OUT YET. No one can have this info at this juncture - not even Ed fucking Boon. That's pure horseshit.

As Nickolaidas says, the fact that the banner of Hotaru and Darrius was previously leaked by someone else could be a evidence that he's not the only one who knows things, but all these leaks seem to converge on these characters as DLC: Havik, Daegon, guest (Ash? Myers? Rambo?), Quan Chi, Shinnok, Mileena and a few more.
Or maybe he saw the Hotaru banner from someone who unlocked them back in March with the Spawn update and posed himself as a prophet on reddit to turn some heads.

Also, you cannot trust both the Rambo leak and the John Wick leak. The only common characters are Havik, Daegon and Quan Chi. All the others are different, which means the two leaks coincide only by a 25-30%. And since dvdgamescentral supposedly has pics (which means the DLC is set in stone at this point besides maybe Ash), it is highly unlikely that they'll scrap 70% of their DLC plans to go with the John Wick leak. At least one of them is telling us bullshit.

Oh yeah, this leak said pretty much the same and this guys also seems to know some things: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/g95bn2 (scroll down to find it)
This is the leak you're talking about:

"Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath. New edition of the game for sale and upgrade for pre-exitsting owners available. 2 new packs of characters, 6 new arenas and 3 new story chapters releasing over 2 years. Some characters include Takeda, Reiko, Quan Chi, Fujin and Ash Williams / Bruce Campbell. Total roster once all DLC is released will be 40+. Release has been delayed due to contract disputes with Campbell and COVID. Summer 2020."

How in the fuck is that true or legit in any way, shape or form? Aftermath wasn't 3 chapters. They didn't released those 3 chapters over 2 years. Takeda, Reiko, Ash and Quan Chi were not part of Aftermath (doesn't even mention Sheeva or Robocop). Aftermath didn't have six new stages. And we're in summer 2020. This is fake as fuck. Are we going to take the Havik HAHAHA CHAOS HAHAHA epilogue in Aftermath as a credible leak as well now?

@Nickolaidas about the Raiden and Shnag Tsung teaming up to kill Scorpion, I think you're mixing him up with another leak that came 1 year ago and said the stuff about Kronika enacting Armageddon 2.0 and Jade and Kotal bein in a relationship and Reiko and Sareena being among the DLC, together with Joker, Sindel, Nightwolf, Fujin etc.

And that one was 90% right too, except for Reiko and Sareena, But even if Reiko and Sareena weren't made as fast as the others, can we just safely say that they were completely replaced if we will have 8-10 more characters coming (depending on whether we believe the 42 characters datamining or the 19 DLC datamining, without Shao Kahn and Frost ). Surely there will be Reiko and Sareena among those. I think maybe Reiko wouldn't cause he has an assist in the game and instead of him they might have taken out the assist for Havik. But Quan Chi or Takeda or Shinnok also have assists and they appear in most the leaks.
Yeah, I originally thought he was the same guy, but nonetheless he said that Shang Tsung & Fujin trap/kill Scorpion and admitted he was wrong about it when the Aftermath story came out (after everyone called him out).

The March 2019 got a couple of other things wrong as well (or maybe it was pre-alpha info) like a Shao Kahn fatality or Saibot being always present with Noob (and not just part of his moveset).

If it wasn't for @MK Dragon being adamant that Mileena is being made, I would consider every leak that has assists as DLC characters as bullshit. Now … I don't know what to think. So far, the assist=deconfirmation 'rule' still applies. We'll see.

Now, sure, there is mention of Sektor and Kronika in the datamines, but most of that stuff was always there and the mentions thetiny made in the past about possible DLCs like Stryker have lead nowhere. I think this will be the same. Maybe Sektor will be fought in the Towers or something. I really, really doubt Sektor is DLC again, forcing people to buy another robot after they bought Triborg in MKX. And the skins of Robocop really make it like Cyrax and Sektor are represented in the game through him.
Thethiny quickly updated the Stryker/Takeda thingy by saying they appear in 0/60 fps interaction whatever, which means they're either cinematics or part of a dialogue (which is verified via Robocop mentioning Stryker in dialogue in one intro).

Skins no longer means deconfirmation since Jacqui got a Spawn skin. That said, Cyrax, Sektor and Kronika not becoming DLC is a big possibility.

However, it should be noted that to this day (thethiny confirmed this to me via DM), Sektor still has brutalities in the game files, while Cyrax doesn't. He's also the only fightable NPC which had a 2nd skin in the story. So ... who knows?

Last edited:
How much does your source know about story content? I believe the guy from the leak because it just lines up with everything else I've heard. You also talked about Mileena and Havik. Kind of hard to think that if they fill another 8 to 10 character slots (as we know from the datamine) they will not release another story chapter. They included all the characters who were DLC in the story, outside from the guests Terminator, Joker and Robocop.
What do you mean, how much? He simply told me it's not happening, zero chance. Even if they would have wanted to, with covid-19 and everything goin on WB has little incentive to invest that much and the ending we got is pretty final and a glimpse of what could be next like MKX did, unlike the original MK11 ending.

That's your choice, but you would be setting yourself up to fail if you believe any leak that's floating around out there. Nickolaidas basically debunked every single one for you, so hope that convinces you and others. Yes, Mileena is coming and Havik might come based on what my source told me. I don't want to claim I'm in the know since I'm not, but as soon as the Aftermath leak came out he told me it lined up with what he heard and confirmed it was all true when many others doubted it.

The reason I believe my source is because he's one of the few who was sent those early select screen leaks and all the info with Shang being part of the story, all the DLC etc. Just for your information, my friend's source was not the one who sent those photos nor was my friend the one who leaked them to the public. People who were around the discords might know, but it was someone who was seen as a snake and has been off the grid ever since. This whole thing was right before release. I stand by my source 100% and these are my reasons to believe him.

There won't be 10 characters, maximum is 8, but anything can happen so might even be 6 left. In any case, expecting anything soon is getting your hopes up for nothing. NRS is surely taking a break and just playing the game, doing the regular work, but nothing big like a story or anything like that. Why is it hard to believe characters will come without a story? It's a time travel story and bios and intros will explain where they were, what their role has been etc. That's why characters like Daegon and Taven are far less likely than Havik, Shinnok, Mileena among others.

I personally hope the movie will give us a glimpse as to what to expect for the game and give us a character like Nitara to give that movie some game prominence. A movie trailer will likely come before any announcement of more DLC unless they will do a small 3 character pack. Ash is still up in the air, but my source has zero info about that since I've never asked, but he tweeted about it along with thetiny who also believes he's delayed.

That's all I got. By the way, Demolition Man 2 is coming so I rather take Simon Phoenix or even Stallone as John Spartan over freaking Rambo!

Status
Not open for further replies.