What's new

50x fatalities on same character just for one head? WTF

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Obviously I love MK, but this game seems to have been designed around the thought of "Let's make this game look incredible for someone who has never seen it before." This is all well and good, but people like me will put at least 1,000 hours into playing this game over the coming years, and many others will play it even more.

I'm sick of the Fatalities already, which is actually fine, because once I unlock what I want, I won't need to do them anymore unless I'm showing a friend the game. The Fatal Blows, however, are seen more often than not in a match. X-Rays were very rarely used in MKX, so when they were busted out on that rare occasion, it was exciting.

I really do feel Fatal Blows need a rework, if no other reason, just so we don't see them as often. I definitely feel like they should NOT come back if you whiff it or have it blocked. The way Tekken 7 utilizes them is perfect.
I mean, wasn't X-Rays tied to meter use tho? In MK11, Fatal blows aren't so its more of a viable use than X-Rays were. I feel what you're saying tho. They could have an option to speed up the Fatal Blows because that shit does take forever.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I mean, wasn't X-Rays tied to meter use tho? In MK11, Fatal blows aren't so its more of a viable use than X-Rays were. I feel what you're saying tho. They could have an option to speed up the Fatal Blows because that shit does take forever.
I like the length gives meh fingers a quick brakes/ and or a drink break

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Obviously I love MK, but this game seems to have been designed around the thought of "Let's make this game look incredible for someone who has never seen it before." This is all well and good, but people like me will put at least 1,000 hours into playing this game over the coming years, and many others will play it even more.

I'm sick of the Fatalities already, which is actually fine, because once I unlock what I want, I won't need to do them anymore unless I'm showing a friend the game. The Fatal Blows, however, are seen more often than not in a match. X-Rays were very rarely used in MKX, so when they were busted out on that rare occasion, it was exciting.

I really do feel Fatal Blows need a rework, if no other reason, just so we don't see them as often. I definitely feel like they should NOT come back if you whiff it or have it blocked. The way Tekken 7 utilizes them is perfect.
John Grizzly: " hey man so wanna see that fatality you wanted?" * already saw it 1m times*

Friend: " Yeah man i'm so pumped...lemme guess is it that Sonya head rips someone?"

John Grizzly: * shows fatality that lasts 1 minute*

Friend: " Well fuck....you saw this 1 million times you told me?"

John Grizzly: " and it wasn't even worth it yup..."

Friend:* Grabs his things and leaves his house immediately*

John Grizzly: " wtf am i gonna do with my life :("

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
If you sit there doing 50 fatalities on the same character to get the head, you've got nobody to blame but yourself. Pretty sure NRS were thinking it would be cool to get that after months of playing and you end up doing your 5th fatality on a character without knowing and getting a reward as a surprise.

It's not meant for you to grind it and if you do, that's on you. Just play the game, do fatalities here and there and eventually you'll get the heads. Who the fuck has the time to sit there doing 50 in a row.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Idk why stuff like this can’t be achieved by playing online. I wouldn’t have a problem with it if I could get them while actually training. As it stands there’s 0.0% chance I’m grinding for any of these. Tbh the skins (or other rewards) aren’t even good enough to warrant the grind anyway...

D

Deleted member 35141

Lol some acting like this is easy, guess I don't want to play the other modes like ONLINE

Afumba

Noob
This is obviously something meant to be kompleted as you just play the game.

"It'll take 25 hours to do this" isn't quite the right way to look at it. Its a game you can easily spend hundreds of hours playing and you'll get it naturally.

Also fatalities go towards hearts, performance bonuses (25k points per fatal), and character towers- so you're not necessarily being told to do it to just to get those rewards.

To pile on, all the complaints about this game being grindy were pretty misguided at least after the hotfix. In the week between the day 2 hotfixes and the patch yesterday I managed to scoop up more than half the chests in the krypt (brutals + double heart konsumable to farm hearts EZ fast)... and now going forward i'm getting more hearts/koins faster than ever due to the patch so that velocity is just going to increase.
I agree with what you are saying. Although making the requirements SP only in a MP game is still pathetic (not saying yous saidn otherwise... just saying). Between ToT, the heads and the character towers its 100s of hour of SP for a game you want to spent most of the time in MP.

So there is a difference between people being inpatient and people being frustrated cuz they cant enjoy the core part the way they want too due to some morronic restriction (morronic restriction= SP only requirements)

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
And fatal blows man. It's only a week and I want to eat my eyes because of them.

A shortcut for their animation needs to added ASAP. Seriously
Option for a shortcut would be great. Sort of like how in Killer Instinct you can cut an Ultra Combo short with a special input and it still counts as an Ultra. I'd love to see this.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Idk why stuff like this can’t be achieved by playing online. I wouldn’t have a problem with it if I could get them while actually training. As it stands there’s 0.0% chance I’m grinding for any of these. Tbh the skins (or other rewards) aren’t even good enough to warrant the grind anyway...
This is exactly my problem 100%. After work, I get 2 hours of MK time and I spend the rest relaxing with the old lady. I'm NOT using that time to mess around in some mode I don't even care about, I'm playing online and leveling up my characters. Shame because that means I'll never get any brutes. Also, aren't the locked arenas unlocked in the krypt as well?

Maybe I'm not understanding the way this is set up. I don't care about the skins. But I'm correct in assuming I'll never unlock brutes and the arenas from simply playing online?