What's new

50x fatalities on same character just for one head? WTF

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Exactly, no use in actually grinding those things, you'll get them by playing the game. Have patience, young padawans. People are saying this game is grindy, but they're the ones forcing themselves to do this unnecessarily grindy stuff.
Except that online fatalities seemingly don't count, which is the mode people play the most after they're bored with the monotonous single player stuff.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
A lot of people defending this are seemingly missing the point that it ain't fun lads!

They tend to bear on the side of "too long" with these requirements. It's not the best weapon my max level Priest can equip in World of Warcraft, it's a skin or brutality in Mortal Kombat. That said, I'm enjoying the single player more then I have in NRS since MK9 which is awesome. I'm so glad they made an unlock system like this, but the grind is overkill.

Last edited:

FaneBlackwing

Best in the West
They should cut the requirement in half imo.

Grinding for the 50 is just ridiculous, boring, and it gets stale quickly.

At least with 25 you can grind and get it done faster, and if you'd rather just play and get them whenever, it wouldn't take ages just to get one.

You’re*

The amount of time you took to bitch about this, you could’ve been farming survivor. If you can’t take an hr out your time to get a head then maybe you shouldn’t be doing it at all
This is a fighting game not a fucking rpg why do you think people would complain about this ? Sure the fight takes less than a minute but I'm not wasting my time doing that then ending it with a fatality everytime , I'll just stick to using exploits thanks. People like you is why we even have such a shitty system that's overly grindy

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Can you have multiple towers active to work towards? I know I unlocked Cassie's and Frost's and I believe the work I did towards Frost's applied even though Cassie's was showing in the ToT menu.
Yes. But unfortunately it’s only after you purchase them. It doesn’t accumulate prior to that, which is unbelievably stupid.

...that's a 4% chance the character you want will be the first in the tower... everytime you refresh
that will be right if we will have only one tower where grind is possible, but in classic towers we have 5 towers, so probality is 5*4% - thats mean: 20% per reset of tower list

There's no reason why an optional input can't be implemented to cut the animation short and still deal the same damage.
you can increase damage of fatal blow during animation, also as defender you can decrease taked damage
you must only push one button in every fatal blow hit (A on Xbox or X on PS)

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Wat so it's injustice 2 all over again?

Also grinding the imbecilic 150 fatal blows, it's SOUL draining i feel like a shell of my former self.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
you can increase damage of fatal blow during animation, also as defender you can decrease taked damage
you must only push one button in every fatal blow hit (A on Xbox or X on PS)
I know this. What I'm saying is that the animation is too long and I've already grown tired of seeing it. It's only been a week. Imagine 18 months from now.....

I suggested there be an option to cut the animation short with a separate input, the same way that Killer made it possible to end the Ultra Combos any time you wanted with an input that causes one big hit.

I know this. What I'm saying is that the animation is too long and I've already grown tired of seeing it. It's only been a week. Imagine 18 months from now.....

I suggested there be an option to cut the animation short with a separate input, the same way that Killer made it possible to end the Ultra Combos any time you wanted with an input that causes one big hit.
i dont have any problem with seeing fatal blows, at this moment its easy to predict when opponent will hit with fatal blow, so its quite easy to block that, and than you have 10 seconds to punish them - so its not an issue.

And regarding main topic: also head challanege shouldn't be easier because if that will be easier than shouldn't by named a challange :)

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
that will be right if we will have only one tower where grind is possible, but in classic towers we have 5 towers, so probality is 5*4% - thats mean: 20% per reset of tower list
I meant the Suvivor Tower only because people were being specific about it. You right. But you have to consider the number of fighters each tower has tho

John Grizzly

i dont have any problem with seeing fatal blows, at this moment its easy to predict when opponent will hit with fatal blow, so its quite easy to block that, and than you have 10 seconds to punish them - so its not an issue.

And regarding main topic: also head challanege shouldn't be easier because if that will be easier than shouldn't by named a challange :)
If people aren't connecting with their Fatal Blow often, they aren't using them properly. Fatal Blows are seen quite often even in high level play (either on reads, punishes or used to end combos).

I meant the Suvivor Tower only because people were being specific about it. You right. But you have to consider the number of fighters each tower has tho
but you can do that in every tower, co chances are higher
and sepaking that is only 4% its no sense

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
It’s quite a ridiculous requirement.

However, it’s only a grind if you make it a grind.

I think the intention is for people to unlock these naturally over time. Not hunker down and repeat one over and over and over for hours. Everyone just wants everything now.

Now if we want to talk about much more ridiculous grinds, let’s talk about the individual character tower requirements...

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
This is a fighting game not a fucking rpg why do you think people would complain about this ? Sure the fight takes less than a minute but I'm not wasting my time doing that then ending it with a fatality everytime , I'll just stick to using exploits thanks. People like you is why we even have such a shitty system that's overly grindy
Firstly, I never said I approve of this system. I’ve been saying RPG elements are stupid in a FG since I2.

Second. You don’t even have to watch the fatality. 1hr our your life really isn’t that big of a deal.

Lastly, you must know NOTHING about RPG if you’re really in here complaining about a very simple farm that takes no time at all. Have you ever played WoW, Destiny, Pokémon, etc? THOSE games are grindy. This farm is absolutely nothing lol.

Play the game however you want to play it tho.

Firstly, I never said I approve of this system. I’ve been saying RPG elements are stupid in a FG since I2.

Second. You don’t even have to watch the fatality. 1hr our your life really isn’t that big of a deal.

Lastly, you must know NOTHING about RPG if you’re really in here complaining about a very simple farm that takes no time at all. Have you ever played WoW, Destiny, Pokémon, etc? THOSE games are grindy. This farm is absolutely nothing lol.

Play the game however you want to play it tho.
1h of my time I couldve been spending doing something better , or actually playing sets online. Maybe not to you but alot of people actually care on how they spend their time and grinding for gear is not worth it. And the game IS grindy , especially for a fighting game. All the games you mentioned are even more grindy but that's obvious to anyone who wants to get into it , especially WoW. I've known and have played RPGs for years. More than you have probably so I dont get how you can make that assumption. No fighting game is this grindy in terms of cosmetics.

John Grizzly

None of this would be an issue if everything unlocked in multiplayer, as well. Some of us have limited time to play (I have two jobs, maybe 3 if you count the random shifts I get at the bar) and when we DO get to play, we want to gasp GET BETTER AT THE ACTUAL GAME.

I don't want to sit there watching my Shao Kahn blow Sonya's skull out of her asshole for an hour. It's dumb.

And for those saying these aren't meant to be unlocked immediately, I get that. But what about the people who ONLY want to play multiplayer? NRS absolutely, positively need to have multiple paths of progression for EVERY unlockable item in the game.

Are you into self-harm? Do you hate yourself? The Towers are for you! Enjoy! Keep grinding them!

Do you hate actually PLAYING fighting games? We have AI battles AND Towers for you! Enjoy!!!

Did you buy MK11 to actually play it online and improve? Learn match ups? Grind combos? Go online and have fun!

All of the above should be unlocking items. Injustice 2 gave you random drops after your matches completed. You'd have so much gear after a long session, you didn't even have time to look at it all. Why is this gone? There are skins in this game that I may NEVER get. There's so much locked content in this game that I paid full price for. That sexy purple Raiden skin? Good luck, buddy. It's unlocked via Towers of Time. Who knows WHEN or if you'll EVER see that shit in the game. Even if you're lucky and you see it available in a Tower, you'll want to break your disc in half by the time you complete it.

TL;DR - I'm going to use every exploit possible to circumvent this tedious, boring grind so I can get back to actually playing the game I paid for the way I WANT TO.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Exactly, no use in actually grinding those things, you'll get them by playing the game. Have patience, young padawans. People are saying this game is grindy, but they're the ones forcing themselves to do this unnecessarily grindy stuff.
Exactly. The game is designed to give you rewards for simply playing across the life of the game. These fools grinding away are just crazy and not playing the game the way it is designed to be played. I saw a Max video recently a guy that has been botching about the grind and taking about spending 90 hours grinding and now he is sitting on 7k souls and a million cash and a thousand hearts. So stupid. I mean you would have to be really dumb right?

Exactly. The game is designed to give you rewards for simply playing across the life of the game. These fools grinding away are just crazy and not playing the game the way it is designed to be played. I saw a Max video recently a guy that has been botching about the grind and taking about spending 90 hours grinding and now he is sitting on 7k souls and a million cash and a thousand hearts. So stupid. I mean you would have to be really dumb right?
Designed to give you rewards for playing towers of time*. I like the game but who’s fuckin idea was it not to count any fatalities/brutalities done in multiplayer. Terrible decision.