What's new

50x fatalities on same character just for one head? WTF

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
tbh it doesn't make much sense to unlock a bunch of stuff for a character you have to beat the character 50 times and not win with the character 50 times. I wont be attempting to get me some head until I know the skins are good.
I remember there was a thread where people posted the pictures of the chest's contents, so you can literally swipe left or right.

ps: I always swipe right on chests.

I'm so incredibly sick of seeing the Fatalities already...

Developers need to sit back and think about how certain requirements will end up causing you to hate certain aspects of the game (like Fatalities).
This is the really baffling tihng to me. Anything that's like a super move will lose its appeal if you CONSTNATLY use it. Fatal blows have the exact same problem. Super moves are only exciting if you aren't expected to use them every single game. It's just like injustice breakers where they become extremely tedious and huge break to the flow of the game. Anything the audience expects everytime isn't interesting

Samsara

Resident Cynic
My point was that there's no efficient way to complete the challenge. It takes an absurd amount of time any way you slice it. Total time invested is still the same. My original point was that it took forever. Yall said no because you could 1/25 done in hour. Ignoring the fact that the total fights and time invested is the same.

My argument was that the challenge took to long. You guys said that an individual head didnt take too long.

Both are true, depending on your priorities you wouldn't complain, but I wanna unlock everything in the krypt, and the amount of effort required is stupid.

You guys are acting like I'm missing his point, when I've been arguing the big picture this whole time, trying to put in perspective.

S+ Main

Noob
My point was that there's no efficient way to complete the challenge. It takes an absurd amount of time any way you slice it. Total time invested is still the same. My original point was that it took forever. Yall said no because you could 1/25 done in hour. Ignoring the fact that the total fights and time invested is the same.

My argument was that the challenge took to long. You guys said that an individual head head didnt take too long.

Both are true, depending on your priorities you wouldn't complain, but I wanna unlock everything in the game, a d the amount of effort required is stupid.

You guys are acting like I'm missing his point, when I've been arguing the big picture this whole time, trying to put in perspective.
There was a glitch I saw in another thread to instaunlock the chests but people where saying it could be bannable when the fix it

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..

My argument was that the challenge took to long. You guys said that an individual head didnt take too long.

Both are true, depending on your priorities you wouldn't complain, but I wanna unlock everything in the krypt, and the amount of effort required is stupid.

You already proved your point. Did a great job explaining to these peeps what's up. Lol I agree, I love the krypt but coming across this 25 heads situation I rather do other things in Mk11 XD

Samsara

Resident Cynic
There's a requirement in the krypt to collect cetrions head.

Let's assume you wanted to do this.

You'd have to hold that either

A) there's an active Cetrion tower that can be farmed without difficulty and burning through consumables

B) Cetrion is located at the bottom of the survival tower

C) Climb up the survival tower and then restart her match over and over again

And for the record you cannot restart a single fight in a survival tower without backing out if the whole thing. Which means that you are stuck farming the head on the first rung.

Here are your menu options:

Move list
Controls
Tower select
Main menu

So even if you climbed all the way up to cetrion, you would have to back out of the tower entirely and start over. So much for efficiency. Its partially based on luck.

This is absurd.

This is obviously something meant to be kompleted as you just play the game.

"It'll take 25 hours to do this" isn't quite the right way to look at it. Its a game you can easily spend hundreds of hours playing and you'll get it naturally.

Also fatalities go towards hearts, performance bonuses (25k points per fatal), and character towers- so you're not necessarily being told to do it to just to get those rewards.

To pile on, all the complaints about this game being grindy were pretty misguided at least after the hotfix. In the week between the day 2 hotfixes and the patch yesterday I managed to scoop up more than half the chests in the krypt (brutals + double heart konsumable to farm hearts EZ fast)... and now going forward i'm getting more hearts/koins faster than ever due to the patch so that velocity is just going to increase.

S+ Main

Noob

A) there's an active Cetrion tower that can be farmed without difficulty and burning through consumables

And for the record you cannot restart a single fight in a survival tower without backing out if the whole thing. Which means that you are stuck farming the head on the first rung.

Move list
Controls
Tower select
Main menu

So even if you climbed all the way up to cetrion, you would have to back out of the tower entirely and start over. So much for efficiency. Its partially based on luck.

This is absurd.
if you exit the towers menu to main menu it will refresh the towers, you can do this you get the character you want, just remember to exit to tower select and not main menu.

EDIT: refresh until the character you want is the first opponent in the tower

Might-Taro 19

I've heared on discord that they might have changed the number from 50 to 25 though. But this is unconfirmed.
im just overwhelmed at the variety of head this is up to offer.

don't know if I want baraka head or elder god head, maybe some dvorah head?

Move list
Controls
Tower select
Main menu

This is absurd.
Yup you should be the judge...really I think you might make good money with your overpowered knowledge.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
So you quite literally either need

A) farm the bottom head whether you like it or not, and then back out before collecting your match rewards (especially bonuses from tower consumables)

B) reroll the tower until your desired opponent is on the bottom rung

C) play the game normally and accept the fact that it's going to take forever

It seems my point is being made for me. Reward not worth the effort

Might-Taro 19

A) farm the bottom head whether you like it or not, and then back out before collecting your match rewards (especially bonuses from tower consumables)

Yeah...I think i'll stick with C)

S+ Main

Noob

I never disagreed with you or tried to explicitly make a point, I just wanted to help people through the long grind with what I know, but this went of the rails a bit. also I do think the current head system is 100% not worth it I am just trying to help :)

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This is the really baffling tihng to me. Anything that's like a super move will lose its appeal if you CONSTNATLY use it. Fatal blows have the exact same problem. Super moves are only exciting if you aren't expected to use them every single game. It's just like injustice breakers where they become extremely tedious and huge break to the flow of the game. Anything the audience expects everytime isn't interesting
Obviously I love MK, but this game seems to have been designed around the premise of "Let's make this game look incredible for someone who has never seen it before." This is all well and good, but people like me will put at least 1,000 hours into playing this game over the coming years, and many others will play it even more.

I'm sick of the Fatalities already, which is actually fine, because once I unlock what I want, I won't need to do them anymore unless I'm showing a friend the game. The Fatal Blows, however, are seen more often than not in every match. X-Rays were very rarely used in MKX, so when they were busted out on that rare occasion, it was exciting.

I really do feel Fatal Blows need a rework, if no other reason, just so we don't see them as often. I definitely feel like they should NOT come back if you whiff it or have it blocked. The way Tekken 7 utilizes them is perfect.