What's new

ZATANNA - THE NEW DEATHSTROKE?

The chip damage seems a bit high... but her actual damage is totally fine, as I said very much like a female GL! lol :)

I didn't notice the meter-building thingy, but if she really can build up meter that quickly, then perhaps that is something that needs looking at... overall though, I don't think there's anything wrong with her, and she's definitely not as beginner-friendly as Supes and Deathstroke. You'll need to be at least decent at fighting games to win regularly with her.
My fear at the moment, is she'll be an balanced character for about 99 % of the cast....

But there's gonna end up being one characters that has a 0-10 matchup against her simply because they have no tools that can deal with what she has....

Lobo comes to mind as a possible candidate.

tazzmission

Banned
I'd say she has great mobility, but it comes from her air-teleport, which is just on another level of AMAZING.

I hope they speed up Ares/Raven teleport a bit to compensate for it.

i have to just get adjusted to her. im so use to mmh's playstyle so itll take time.

also why does cyborg superman have regime supermans outro and says kneel before me?

iitRueii

Noob
My fear at the moment, is she'll be an balanced character for about 99 % of the cast....

But there's gonna end up being one characters that has a 0-10 matchup against her simply because they have no tools that can deal with what she has....

Flash can't dash block dash block, so a good zatanna will hurt flash a lot before he gets in (just a feeling after testing)

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Can someone test this, maybe to see if the insane chip is unintentional, see if it seems to do the same amount of damage when unblocked, because it could be that the game just isn't discerning the two.

Well, that would still make her more balanced than a lot of the cast currently are... and Lobo suffers in a lot of match-ups to be fair... maybe he just needs a buff or two to be more competitive?

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
Where were people's "obvious ways to get around this, adapt scrub" durring all of the bitching and moaning about Deathstroke...?
This is a character that isn't even out on PSN yet, and already I'm seeing so many complaits...
There was a ton of people saying that during the Deathstroke bitching, where were you? There was literally an entire thread called "The Deathstroke anti-nerf coalition" full of people trying to fight the whining.

Can someone test this, maybe to see if the insane chip is unintentional, see if it seems to do the same amount of damage when unblocked, because it could be that the game just isn't discerning the two.
No, it does different damage when blocked and unblocked.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Since she can't do shit in that mode she's completely open to zoning as well, air mobility teleports, etc. That mode looks rough for slower people but some of them have options too, Grundy has Walking Corpse, chip reduction trait grab for example.

iitRueii

Noob
Since she can't do shit in that mode she's completely open to zoning as well, air mobility teleports, etc. That mode looks rough for slower people but some of them have options too, Grundy has Walking Corpse, chip reduction trait grab for example.
Her lightening cage would stop anyone teleporting in and her ravens shiled will stop projectiles.

She has the tools but needs the execution

Her trait does appear to be high risk against a huge amount of the cast... if it gives her advantage over a handful of other characters, I can't see the problem with that... changing strategy depending on the character you're facing is one of the fun things about fighting games!

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Zatanna's projectile does 6% chip high and 5% low.But prolly easy to avoid but idk need to take her into the lab for lil while.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I expected a thread like this, you know, the standard "let's complain about the new DLC character" thread... but I must say, I did not expect it to come on the very first day of Zatanna's release. And it's not even at the end of the day, it's just now the afternoon, lol.

The chronicles of TYM's tears continues!

I expected a thread like this, you know, the standard "let's complain about the new DLC character" thread... but I must say, I did not expect it to come on the very first day of Zatanna's release. And it's not even at the end of the day, it's just now the afternoon, lol.

If you'd been on the MK boards when the DLC characters got released for that, this wouldn't be surprising you, believe me! lol

tazzmission

Banned

im only complaing about her trait thats it. im sorry but but that leaves her open for attack expecially when she cant jump

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
im only complaing about her trait thats it. im sorry but but that leaves her open for attack expecially when she cant jump

Hey the complaints may be warranted, I haven't downloaded her yet. But still, not even 24 hours has gone by and already complaint threads are up, has to be a record!

Hey the complaints may be warranted, I haven't downloaded her yet. But still, not even 24 hours has gone by and already complaint threads are up, has to be a record!
On here it may be, but I remember "nerf Kenshi, he's OP!", "Rain sucks, what a waste of money!", etc... type of threads within an hour of those characters being released for MK, it was ridiculous! hehe

If the complaints are warranted then, don't you feel you are putting the blame on the community when it is the balance at fault?

Batgirl had a day 1 infinite. It got hotfixed day 1.

This may not be an infinite, but some things are so ridiculous, it's not like they are going to be less ridiculous over time.

Specifically, how fast she builds meter. 3 attacks = 1 bar, full meter in 9 seconds.