What's new

ZATANNA - THE NEW DEATHSTROKE?

Deathstrokes zoning was insane. Sure some characters could get around it, but others had a stupidly difficult time.
Even now, his zoning is extremely good, depending on the matchup. Some characters can get around his zoning without too much trouble, whereas others have a very hard time getting in on him. I'd say Zatanna could easily get the upper hand on a turtling/zoning Deathstroke, due to her behind teleport. :)

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Don't get me started on Deathstroke his zoning may not be as good as it used to be but the guy has mix ups for days.If you can't find a way to adjust and use the tools he has now and cant compete that is your problem but the character is still very good.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Don't get me started on Deathstroke his zoning may not be as good as it used to be but the guy has mix ups for days.If you can't find a way to adjust and use the tools he has now and cant compete that is your problem but the character is still very good.
He murders my main...

Exactly! Anyone who thinks Deathstroke now has a bad zoning game, and needs buffed either needs their head examining, or is a very poor Deathstroke player. Deathstroke is top 10 material, absolutely no question! His mix up game is one of the best in the roster, easily.

D

Deleted member 9158

over reaction imo.
she cant jump in trait.
she blocks something she loses trait.
one projectile is high so can be ducked,
other is low you wont be getting chipped out from fullscreen as can just jump, unless there fireball right in front you to catch u on way down

please TYM she not even out 24hours, stop with the day 0 nerf shit you've done for every DLC

This guy has it down. You can't jump, your movement is reduced, you can't dash well and if you block you lose trait. Further more, you can't duck either. If you choose to stand there and block, then this will happen. Fair trade imo.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So you're saying he isn't one of the best zoners in the game? That's an unbelievable statement! lol
He is not. Name me another top tier fighting game character whose best projectile recovers at -25 on block.

But Deathstroke's anti-zoning is very good, but so is Aquaman's, Batgirl's, Batman's, Black Adam's, etc. etc.

People in this community who claim "Deathstroke is top 10" are fools who fear that their main character will lose should Deathstroke receive a buff in the next patch.

Uber

Noob
He is not. Name me another top tier fighting game character whose best projectile recovers at -25 on block.

But Deathstroke's anti-zoning is very good, but so is Aquaman's, Batgirl's, Batman's, Black Adam's, etc. etc.

People in this community who claim "Deathstroke is top 10" are fools who fear that their main character will lose should Deathstroke receive a buff in the next patch.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

The fact that the move is -25 and is still his best zoning tool shows that the move was too good. He still has his other shots. He cant exactly shoot you all day from across the screen, but he can still harass you as you try to approach.

Hes probably still in top 5 in terms of zoning. He may not be top 10 overall, but thats a stupid benchmark anyways. There are more than 30 characters, not everyone can be top ten. Whats more important is that your character doesn't have terrible matchups. Deathstroke's original design made terrible matchups for a lot of chatacters.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!

he kinda needs it, safer zoning, his air guns should be safer, as well as his rifle. EX rifle, and better trait.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease

Well I main HG any suggestions, cause lately he has owned my ass up and down. For the record no I don't fly all day llike most HGs.
I'm being legitamately serious BTW

Whats more important is that your character doesn't have terrible matchups. Deathstroke's original design made terrible matchups for a lot of chatacters.
Bingo! Deathstroke can hold his own against anyone in the game. There may be match-ups where he is at a disadvantage, but none where a loss is virtually guaranteed for him. He's always in with a chance, no matter who he's up against. It might be debateable whether he's top 10 amongst high-level players, but that he is better than a good chunk of the character roster is definitely beyond debate. I'd concede though that maybe his trait does need improving...

@General: I don't have a main, so bang goes that theory! :p

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Well I main HG any suggestions, cause lately he has owned my ass up and down. For the record no I don't fly all day llike most HGs.
I'm being legitamately serious BTW
hawkgirl loses 3-7 to slade, she can't punish his zoning from distances that most characters can.