What's new

Your buff and nerf predictions

Matix218

Get over here!
true, i just hope to god they are testing and listening to what we have to say because the stuff they came up with for launch is pretty bad
Eh, it is not as bad as past games have been at launch IMO. It will get fixed for sure. They clearly are embracing the whole tournament/ e-sports thing so the last thing they want is poor balance if they want their game to be exciting and have many viable characters.

Reactions: JSF
Fix hitboxes:
D'Vorrah
Frost

Change KB requirements:
Geras - more demanding
Johnny - less demanding

Nerf:
Sonya combo dmg
Erron Black f4 safety or startup
Scorpion cannot AMP teleport on block

?Buff Kotal somehow, D'Vorrah framedata

PLEASE switch out, or adjust certain useless moves for Tournament Variation(s):
Raiden - Lightning strike less negative on block
Kung Lao - replace orbital hat or adjust meter cost
Shao Kahn - buff-specials take less than a century to activate.
Johnny - worst variation in game. Change to be more useful

***Make all tourney variations in game as complete as possible.
I forgot to say Kano's molotov variation is one of the worst. Fix the startup on the molotov

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Eh, it is not as bad as past games have been at launch IMO. It will get fixed for sure. They clearly are embracing the whole tournament/ e-sports thing so the last thing they want is poor balance if they want their game to be exciting and have many viable characters.
i would hope so but injustice 2 had some esports focus and was horribly balanced. the balance was such a joke that every top player played 2-3 characters in tournament and was a counterpick fest. i really just want custom variations to rock so we dont have to deal with crossing our fingers hoping they get it right this time

Vastly

Noob
I think based on some of the communities outrage, and admittedly I was once in his camp, they may nerf Sub Zero A bit. I think Geras and Erron will get nerfed. I think Sonya should get nerfed but may not. I think they will buff kotal and d'vorah and I HOPE they buff Johnny. Not sure about anyone else though. I do think it could be more interesting if they buffed everyone else rather than nerfing the few characters though. I also think the High mechanic of this game really hurts the viability of many characters on a competitive level, I really hate it. I think they should go through every character and give many of them faster mid options but again that's just my opinion. Most of the top characters right now are characters that have fast mids that lead into combos.

Last edited:
I think based on some of the communities outrage, and admittedly I was once in his camp, they may nerf Sub Zero A bit. I think Geras and Erron will get nerfed. I think Sonya should get nerfed but may not. I think they will buff kotal and d'vorah and I HOPE they buff Johnny. Not sure about anyone else though. I do think it could be more interesting if they buffed everyone else rather than nerfing the few characters though. I also think the High mechanic of this game really hurts the viability of many characters on a competitive level, I really hate it. I think they should go through every character and give many of them faster mid options but again that's just my opinion. Most of the top characters right now are characters that have fast mids that lead into combos.
Not everyone having fast and confirmable mid is completely intentional, and that part is ok. Some characters are supposed to be better in close range, other mid, other long. Problem are pokes. Right now the block stun when blocked and hit stun when hit is so low, that you can't even walk back when you hit it or blocked it without getting poked back.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Scorpion will probably get spear and/or teleport nerfs. He doesn't NECESSARILY need either but it'll be a Deathstroke low gunshots situation...gotta make the regular people happy

Something will happen to Geras but it's hard to say. I doubt they will make d1 slower but they might make f212 or sand trap more minus

Sonya might get her damage toned down, what she really needs is a nerf to her zoning without destroying the ring master cancels. Hopefully more recovery on rings

Erron Black will get f4 nerfs for sure. It's one of the most ridiculous moves in this game. Not the best, just the most nonsensical.

Frost SHOULD get the gap taken out of b22, would also be nice for the hitbox on standing 1 to get adjusted. b1 or b3 being faster than 16f would also be great

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
General Changes I would like to see:

-Remove Krushing Blows from throws.
-Add better/more practical requirements for Krushing Blows across the board. Make them super practical competitively like Geras’
-Better matchmaking options for online play! You should be able to search by region, preferred ping, etc like in other fighting games. What it does is it prioritizes those preferences but if the opponents it finds doesn’t meet that requirement it should allow you to decline. This includes having KoTH lobbies where only people from the region and ping preference you chose to be able to enter the KoTH.
-Ability to amplify by holding the interact button down
-All Fatal Blows that can be done from far range (Jax, Geras, Kabal, Erron Black, Cetrion, etc etc) be more negative on block and have longer recovery on whiff
-And/OR All Fatal Blows go away if blocked

Vastly

Noob
Not everyone having fast and confirmable mid is completely intentional, and that part is ok. Some characters are supposed to be better in close range, other mid, other long. Problem are pokes. Right now the block stun when blocked and hit stun when hit is so low, that you can't even walk back when you hit it or blocked it without getting poked back.
In many situations the highs make it a bigger issue because most people have high starting fast strings which you just get poked out of if you are playing someone who is good. There is a reason most of the characters who do well in this game are people who have fast or fairly fast mid starting strings that lead into combos.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
What I want for upcoming patch:

Kotal Kahn QOL Adjustments:

• F1 mid
  • 1 increase range on hitbox
  • 2 increase (hitbox Fix)range
  • D1 needs to have more distance(hitbox fix)
  • Command Grab needs more range
  • Command Grab can Choose to switch sides
  • Reduce Sunlight Recovery
  • reduce Quake startup by 10f
  • D4 becomes 9f
  • F2 has better hitbox or becomes active sooner(19f Startup)
  • B22 fix hitbox and make it -8 Obama
  • F4 13f startup from 15f
  • D1 changed to 7f startup -3 ob.
  • D3 changed to 8f startup -4 ob

Jbog

Noob
Im getting tired of this poke feat game already its about as interesting as injustice 2 lets fix hitboxes and pokes or in 2 years this game will be a has been just like injustice 2 short lived life

LawAbidingCitizen

I think we all just need to agree Kollector needs buffs
I suggest adding disk to replace bola in tournament variation.
If they don't add disk then reduce bolt startup and recovery.
  • make B122 come out on block
  • make F3 combos come out on block
  • make mace cancels more safe like -10 or -15
  • F12 should have a reduction on hitbox in air.
  • Make F3 0 on block
  • D1 7f startup -3 ob
  • D3 8f startup -3 on block
  • D4 9f startup and -5 on block
  • increase D4 range
The disk fixes most of his problems.
With disk F12 xx Disk doesn't wife at max range, you could use F22 but its not the same strength.
B23 combos into disk and doesn't miss like bola, same with 44.

Other than that I think Kollector is fine. Do you have anything to add?

Anyone who thinks jacqui seriously needs nerfs to her frame data is being ridiculous. Her b34 plus frames are interruptible, the cancels aren’t real, you can interrupt all the staggers, and she has no full screen options other than a high dash punch that can get her a d2 KB if she tries it at the wrong time. She has to take everything most of the cast throws at her full screen and hope she can inch in enough to even get her KB requirements started most of the time. She deserves to hit like a truck up close considering how hard she has to work to get there....

LawAbidingCitizen

Im getting tired of this poke feat game already its about as interesting as injustice 2 lets fix hitboxes and pokes or in 2 years this game will be a has been just like injustice 2 short lived life
Pokes are very easy to deal with. You just block the poke and poke back within 7f and you will get another turn. You can also jump pokes after blocking for full combo punish. Throw overides all pokes and D4 pushes them away so they can't poke and on hit allows you to follow up.
Wife punishing pokes.
If they do two pokes you can block the first and walk back and wife punish the second.
If you poke opponent blocks and you counter poke and they counter poke all on block you can walk back to punish it on read and if you practice reaction(hard to react) mostly read.

You may know some of this or maybe all of it but I figured I'd help in case. I never had a problem with poke war because I labbed it on day 2.

Jbog

Noob
Pokes are very easy to deal with. You just block the poke and poke back within 7f and you will get another turn. You can also jump pokes after blocking for full combo punish. Throw overides all pokes and D4 pushes them away so they can't poke and on hit allows you to follow up.
Wife punishing pokes.
If they do two pokes you can block the first and walk back and wife punish the second.
If you poke opponent blocks and you counter poke and they counter poke all on block you can walk back to punish it on read and if you practice reaction(hard to react) mostly read.

You may know some of this or maybe all of it but I figured I'd help in case. I never had a problem with poke war because I labbed it on day 2.
No i have no problem counter poking wif punishing and a bunch of ways to stop pokes i just mean its pretty much everyones best button be nice to have combos instead of poke take ur turn poke take your turn

No i have no problem counter poking wif punishing and a bunch of ways to stop pokes i just mean its pretty much everyones best button be nice to have combos instead of poke take ur turn poke take your turn
use a character with a 9f mid and people cant mash you with d1 man. 9f mids are essential in this game IMO

Noob, Liu, Cassie, Jax, and Jacqui are characters with 9f mids off the top of my head. But having a button like that is game changing, a 9f mid forces your opponent to play honest or get steam rolled for mashing.

LawAbidingCitizen

Well with most of the cast my focus isn't on poking its on stay out of poke range at the edge if you best moves reach (footsie) eliminating thief options. I rarely am close enough for them to poke me and when it does happen its a quick exchange.
In high level matches I don't see pokes being the focus but more so a small part of the neutral. In all mks pokes have been similar, counter poke wins. In 9 pokes where punishable in x it was very similar to this but this game has slower moves so different.

Pokes in 11 are only block checks.
For example on block its not your turn on my turn I use mid that I can make them guess number of hits.