What's new

Your buff and nerf predictions

Predictions (or more accurately hopes I guess)

Geras won't be putting you in the grinder with every throw

Erron Black will have to actually play footsies instead of unga f4 and bunga slide, and won't be d3ing after scud shot cancels.

Sonya projectile nerf

Kotal and D'Vorah will get help.

The super impractical requirements for certain KBs will be made sane, regardless of character.

Might see some of the awful ranked variations fixed with a better set of moves.

And another ranked variation for every character.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
... also Jacqui struggles if she cant get KBs...damage nerf would suffice because she also dies by the mix...
... what?

Jacqui struggles if she can’t get KBs? She already has above average damage, and contends for highest damage in the game when KBs are loaded. Not to mention how practical the requirements are. You’re always going to end combos with clinch, you should always be trying to break throws and reversal, fast punish KB, and dash punch is set-up mid combo.

In what way does she “die by the mix?” Everything she has is safe on block unless you can’t hit confirm and throw out grease kick.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
... what?

Jacqui struggles if she can’t get KBs? She already has above average damage, and contends for highest damage in the game when KBs are loaded. Not to mention how practical the requirements are. You’re always going to end combos with clinch, you should always be trying to break throws and reversal, fast punish KB, and dash punch is set-up mid combo.

In what way does she “die by the mix?” Everything she has is safe on block unless you can’t hit confirm and throw out grease kick.
1 KB mid combo wont kill you, and if you d1 at the right time you can steal back your turn and punish her if she pushes buttons. Scar showed us all last night she cant do damge if you know how to tech and block her...so damage nerf will help players feel her out without dying in 3 50/50s but her rushdown looks manageble WITH a damage nerf...at least if youre trying to be as good as Scar....hopefully we wont need Sonya.

The obvious nerfs would be to Sonya's ring recovery and Geras's throw oki and/or KB's

Less obvious but imo needed is small nerfs to Jaqui like not letting her be able to take 60% HP in one combo, and possibly giving her a different krushing blow instead of the one from her throw counter, or some other small nerf to this move which is ridiculously good at high-level play (Sonicfox has said this himself).

The main changes I'm looking for though are hitbox fixes and practical Krushing blow requirements for each character.

Nerf Sub Zero... just for the sake of it... It doesn't matter if He's not relevant to the meta anyways... Do it... Because I will not touch that character ever anyway in this game... because a Sub Zero without double freeze ability is not Sub Zero in my eyes... This YOLO wannabe of a character is Just generic Ninja B. Medicocre specials... check... Mediocre strings outside the YOLO overhead.. Check... Crappy damage.. Check... Hell!. Even Cryomancer is more of a Sub Zero than this aberration...

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
They'll nerf Geras unjustly because the community cant level up despite having tons of resources to learn how to beat him. It took deoxys three games to get a KB on Sonic, why? Because he couldn't open him up.

Atrocitous syndrome all over again.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
They'll nerf Geras unjustly because the community cant level up despite having tons of resources to learn how to beat him. It took deoxys three games to get a KB on Sonic, why? Because he couldn't open him up.

Atrocitous syndrome all over again.
Geras players need a nerf imo....Jacqui, Sonya, Geras KB make every1 look weak...

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
What SHOULD happen:

• ADD A THIRD TOURNAMENT VARIATION
  • make scorpions teleport a high
  • give Frost and Kotal mids so they can actually play the game like everyone else
  • fix Dvorah
  • nerf sonya's damage and her mix.
  • nerf geras krushing blows OR make every other character in the game have at least 2 in the base move list that krush on punish/counter (not including d2)
  • make Erron actually unsafe
  • Sub Zero is the best balanced character and doesnt need to be touched
  • make cassie's f4 negative and either nerf her frames or give other characters multiple well ranged normals that start up in 12f or less
  • nerf liu kangs f4 string and nerf his parry damage
  • take the useless moves out of tournament variations (kabal, scorpion etc)
  • give Jade a launcher
  • fix Johnny Cage
  • nerf Jacqui's frames slightly
  • make Frost's f2 krush and fix her bugged non tourney moves.

D

Deleted member 59910

I don't think any character is broke but maybe to strong in every area:

• Scorpion Teleport is a high
  • Sub Zero will get s2 advantage reduced and F2 won't combo, maybe some things buffed to compensate.
  • Sonya ERDC and Erron SSC will cost meter.
  • Geras Damage Nerf and KB made harder.
  • Jacqui's frame data will have minor tweaks.
  • hitbox adjustments across the board.
  • KB requirements adjusted across the cast.
  • Kotal, D'Vorah and Shao Kahn will get frame data adjustments and hitbox fixes and hopefully Special moves will be made more practical.
  • Kung Lao, Kano and Raiden will get minor frame data changes.
  • Jade U+2 hitbox fixed.
What a nightmare. Jesus.

kcd117

Noob
Whiffing issues fixed.

Nerfs and buffs:

Scorpion:

TP is now high and has to be amplified on startup for the second hit to come out.
F3 is more - on block.
D1 is more - on block.
D4 is more - on block.
JK has a smaller hitbox.
Increased recovery frames on whiffed and blocked spear.

Sonya:

Increased recovery on rings.
Increased dmg scaling on combos.
B12 is now uncancelable and only comes out as B124.
JK has a smaller hitbox.

Geras:

Hit adv on both throws is reduced.
Increased dmg scaling.
FB gap on F21(2).
Sand trap now -35.
JK and divebomb now have smaller hitboxes.
D1 is 7 frames and more - on block.

Erron Black:

B222 last hit Is not cancelable on block anymore.
D4 is now 10 frames of startup and -7.
D3 is now 8 frames and more negative.
D1 is now 7 frames and more negative.
JK hitbox reduced.
Scud shot can only parry 2 projectiles, additional parrys will cost a bar of defense.

Sub-Zero:

D1 is now 7 frames.
Backdash is slower.
F2 can't be canceled anymore.

Jacqui:

F31 is now -7.
F314 is now -15.
F31 cancel is now -7.
F1 is now 14 frames.
F12 is now -7.
D1 is now -6.
Dash punch has more recovery on whiff.
Increased hitbox when performing Jump in attacks.

Cassie:

F4 is now -5.
Up kick amplified is now -15.

Liu Kang:

Straight fireball now has slightly reduced hitbox.
Parry scales dmg.
F4 now -9.
Amplified low fireball leaves him closer to the opponent.
B1 now 12 frames of startup.

Baraka:

Slight dmg scaling after gutted.

Jade:

Regular Shadow Kick now does 10% dmg, Amplified now does 16%.
KB requirement changed to trigger after the 3rd amplified shadow kick and does now 27% raw and 32 when amplified.

Kung Lao:

Change his teleport KB somehow... is so bad I don't even know how to fix it.

Kano:

B3 is now +2 on block.
F12 is now is now a high-mid string.
B1 is now 10 frames of startup and has a slightly better hitbox.
F4 sped up to 22 frames.
F43 is now universal and KB triggers if it hits an opponent blocking low.

Raiden:

B12 is now -5.

Kabal:

F224 is now -7.

Increased KB dmg on F224.
Increased recovery on air saws.
Extended Hook is now -22 on block.

Shao Kahn:

F34 gap removed.
Can now choose sides on F34 1+3 for a bar.
All buffs have a better recovery speed.
Fixed buggy KBs.

Kotal:

212 is now a meterless launcher.
F3 now ticks (in a fair way lol).
12 now ticks.
F4 now +2.
Can choose sides on amplified cmd grab.

Cetrion:

Teleporting away now costs both defensive bars.

Skarlet:

Blood tongue is now -12 on block.

Kollector:

Fix his KBs.
Bola is now a little bit faster on startup to make combos more consistent.

D'vorah:

Give her decent frame adv on her pokes.
Decreased recovery on her projectiles.
F1 is now a mid.
12 has better hit adv to combo into amplified puddle.

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
Surprise everyone by Boon finally making himself first dlc after Shang Tsung playable in game.

Balance List Changes:
For character balance...WHO CARES. ED BOON IS IN THE KRUSHING GAME!!!!!

Hot takes:
They will overbuff Kotal and Noob and make them broke

They will overnerf Geras and make him trash

They will not change anything about Dvorah and Kano and they will keep being low tier

And they will nerf a honest character and make him low tier (my money is on Cassie or Kabal)
I am hella worried NRS will nerf a character that is perfectly fine and is already at the level where all characters should be.
Jax, Cetrion, Kabal, Liu Kang, Baraka, Cassie. Pls NRS stay away from these characters :cool:

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
What SHOULD happen:

• ADD A THIRD TOURNAMENT VARIATION
  • make scorpions teleport a high
  • give Frost and Kotal mids so they can actually play the game like everyone else
  • fix Dvorah
  • nerf sonya's damage and her mix.
  • nerf geras krushing blows OR make every other character in the game have at least 2 in the base move list that krush on punish/counter (not including d2)
  • make Erron actually unsafe
  • Sub Zero is the best balanced character and doesnt need to be touched
  • make cassie's f4 negative and either nerf her frames or give other characters multiple well ranged normals that start up in 12f or less
  • nerf liu kangs f4 string and nerf his parry damage
  • take the useless moves out of tournament variations (kabal, scorpion etc)
  • give Jade a launcher
  • fix Johnny Cage
  • nerf Jacqui's frames slightly
  • make Frost's f2 krush and fix her bugged non tourney moves.
I agree with many of your suggestions but some of that is unjustified and will ruin the characters.
Erron just needs to be unsafe on F4 Since all of his mix is fuzzy blockable.
  • Sonya needs a damage Nerf. Her mix is highs and the launcher is punishable.
  • certain characters don't have many ways to open up players, Cassie, Liu Kang fall under this category where thier game us built around the tools you are talking about. Stagger and number if hit mix.
  • Kotal needs a lot more than mids, he has so many hitbox issues and his Specials are useless.
But you have some good ideas

Make Scorpion's teleport a high that can't be amplified on block. The guy needs to play the same game as the rest of the cast.
Increase the recovery time of Sonya's energy rings. She's awesome close up, so she doesn't need to be one of the best zoners in the game too.
Change Erron Black's F4 to be more negative on block and lose the amplification. It should be a YOLO move and his toolset is strong enough without his basically having a safe half-screen 50-50.
Just let Kitana combo off her amplified fans, FFS. What's up with taking that away from her? That's like deciding Scorpion can't teleport now. Also, buff her abilities so they don't mostly suck - like add an air dash to her flutter so she gets some air mobility. Nobody has that and it would make for a kool moveset.
Change Kung Lao and Johnny's strings and abilities to not suck so badly. I really want to like and play those characters.
Let Shao Kahn special cancel off of his F34 and slash the start up time of his buffs and debuffs at least in half.
Change Jade's amplified glaive to a backwards hitting one you can combo off of like in Kitana's Mournful variation.
Decrease the start up times for Raiden's projectiles and superman and let him special cancel into his teleport. He's a zoner who can't actually zone.
Do absolutely nothing to Baraka.

Change KBs across the board. Some have great ones which give you a bonus for playing the character well, some have way to many and just need to lose a couple (I'm looking at you, Geras, with your 83 different ways to KB off a punish) and some are stuck with weird, gimmicky ones which simply have daft requirements or straight up encourage bad game play in order to use them.

Rework the preset variations massively (whichever intern put those together had clearly not played at least half the cast) or just drop the silly idea entirely and go with custom variations across the board.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
After that tournament it comes down to chars with advancing mids and those without. Everyone needs one to be viable in this game. There’s no buttons to push unless you have one.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
I can't believe I'm saying this, but the amount of atrocious players complaining for scorpion buffs is laughable. his b14 string was not even used at CB. Scar exclusively used s112, f3, and f423. That's it. The character's buttons are actually pretty awful. The only thing he needs changed is mb teleport only coming out on hit.

D2'sa should probably universally be nerfed because the only viable jump in's are j3 pretty much. Jump in's have never been worse in an NRS game.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I just don't want them to kneejerk nerf or buff anyone. I don't play Geras or Sonya but I don't want to see them tossed into the dumpster, and I don't want to see D'vorah kneejerk buffed into being busted or something.

I hope its not a major balance patch and just some tweaks here and there. Help out the characters that need it, and maybe tone down some of the few major stand outs. Again tweak, not completely destroy or overbuff lol

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
The gag is it’s hard to say what they SHOULD do as opposed to what they’re GOING to do

I’d really like them to do small nerfs to start and mediocre or stronger buffs to the bottom characters.

Small nerfs can have a huge change in a character; i’d Prefer exposing the weaknesses of a character more than lowering someone’s strengths. Make sonya’s Onion rings slower, cost a bar to cancel i think is reasonable

Last edited:

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Okay here’s my predictions on what they’ll do:

1. Nerf Geras’ sand trap by adding more recovery
  2. Make Jacqui’s KB requirement harder by requiring you to do all four options BEFORE getting the launcher
  3. Make Kitana either “less committed” to strings, or allow combos after fan toss with reduced damage
  4. Hit box issues fixed for several characters and more favorable KB requirements (JC, D’vorah, Kotal)
  5. Damage scaling added to sonya’s moves
  6. More recovery on Kneecappin by Cassie
Then I think they won’t even bother with a lot of characters until a bigger patch. I think some of these characters include Jade, Skarlet, and Jax until they get more of a clear picture

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Scorpion teleport to be high - dead.
Sonya damage+rings nerf - dead.
Noob damage nerf - dead.
Cassie any nerf - dead.
I hope they do justice to all characters, including top tiers. I also hope they improve on the netcode so people stop bitching about stuff they shouldn't bitch about.

Predicting is tough. NRS has a history of swinging fast and loose with the nerf/buff bat. What I think would be reasonable and will overlap with some of what they do is as follows:

Cassie: A few buffs to her drone move(s) to make them worth thinking about using.

D'Vorah: Frame buffs, about half to 2/3rds back to how she was at release. If she kept everything she had then, she'd be OP.

Erron: Make Scud Shot cancel either have slower recovery so all he can do is block after, or make it cost defensive meter. Make F4's lying hitbox vulnerable to most lows. Make moves in second variation worth using.

Frost: Give her basic buttons decent hitboxes and startup times in line with the rest of the cast.

Geras: Forward throw bounces opponent too far away to follow up. Swap which variation has which sand trap, or else make IW's sand trap KB activate on the third counter hit. Possibly add a couple frames to sand trap's startup. Make f212 -4 on block. Slight damage reduction on 111 KB.

Jaqui: Slightly increased gap on her stagger pressure or else make it cost offensive bar. Make second variation competitive.

Jade: Slight damage increase and/or a couple decent combo paths off her faster pokes. She should be netting mid-200's for combos. Make sure second variation has better combo options than first.

Johnny: For god's sake fix his hitboxes! And KB requirements! Make that second variation worth something!

Kano: Hitbox fixes. Make second variation worth using. Give him a serviceable mid.

Kollector: Hitboxes and frames of normals need to be improved. Bag bomb tools should actually be threatening (decent startup/recovery, reliable popup, etc.).

Kotal: Give the man some mids, fix his hitboxes, and a little more speed. And for god's sake give his variations some actual synergy (totems together, etc.).

Kung Lao: Mix some mids in with his highs, give him an overhead. Not an amazing one, but something that's mildly threatening a la Sub-Zero's. Give him a block string or two that aren't super punishable.

Liu Kang: Nerf the frames on his ONE string right now, buff the frames of a few others to compensate. Give us a reason to use his second variation.

Noob: Second variation sucks. Please fix.

Raiden: Improve his pressure in first variation, and his zoning in second variation. Give him a safe way to block-confirm stormcell (e.g., make all hits mid but less pushback, etc.), and better frames on teleports that cost meter. Give second variation a midscreen combo path from the move that charges up on block. Several of his strings (esp. b12 and f3) need more reasonable frames on startup and recovery.

Scorpion: Teleport hits high. Must be MB'ed on startup, not hit or block.

Shao Kahn: Fix hitboxes, make his hammer swings decent, give him at least one safe, - on block cancel.

Sonya: Damage nerf off of mixup strings. Ring cancel costs defensive bar.

Sub-Zero: Delete first variation's mixup or else make it actually good. I'd prefer to delete it and give him more interesting, less busted tools. Doing so opens up to buff him in ways that won't be broken if he doesn't have a stupid 50/50. Give him a decent, combo-starting mid. Make second variation's icicle move a bit safer. Make second variation's other projectile good for something (probably faster startup). Give him a variation that actually has his fun tools in it.

Shang Tsung: Release him already!!!