What's new

Your buff and nerf predictions

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Tyler Lansdow mentioned he forgot Sonya could cancel her onion rings...That might cost meter one day...but maybe they will jst buff Dvorahs recovery on HIGH POKES LIKE F22...hard to poke with ass recovery pokes...and its a fuggin high...

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
I can also see some of Jacquis KB reqs or damage changed...but shes hype to watch so Im not complaining...Also Dvorah and JCage KBs need to be changed because the damage doesnt justify the effort imo...also 10 fuggin shadow clones is enough to kill WITHOUT KB LOL.

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
My guess:
  • Certain cancels like Erron's gun stance cancel or Sonya's ring dash cancel will take meter to use.
  • Damage nerfs for Sonya and Geras.
  • Frame data nerfs for Jacqui.
  • Frame data buffs for Kotal, D'Vorah, and Shao Kahn.
  • Improved Krushing Blow requirements for Johnny Cage and Shao Kahn.
  • Kano, Kung Lao, Scorpion, and Kitana get minor frame-data, range, or damage buffs AND nerfs but nothing serious.
  • Sub-Zero gets an overhaul that makes him less live-or-die by 50/50s, makes him better in some cases but worse in others.
  • Hitboxes are adjusted across the board.
  • A third competitive variation are added to some -- if not all -- characters.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
My guess:
  • Certain cancels like Erron's gun stance cancel or Sonya's ring dash cancel will take meter to use.
  • Kano and Kung Lao get minor frame-data, range, or damage buffs AND nerfs but nothing serious.
  • Sub-Zero gets an overhaul that makes him less live-or-die by 50/50s, makes him better in some cases
Kotal Frame data buff is too much...dude has two atk boosting moves AND an unblockable...lets not make him too fast...also Jacqui struggles if she cant get KBs...damage nerf would suffice because she also dies by the mix...

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I can't say what they WILL do, but I'd like to see some tournament variations overhauled.

Geras needs some adjustments. Sonja needs some adjustments. EB needs some adjustments. Jacqui needs MINOR adjustments.

I main Cassie now so she needs a ton of buffs, ideally safe or +ob 50/50s into the 40~% damage range, low gunshot should be a low and when she drops down to shoot, instead of crouching like she does she should just sink into the ground until only her forehead and gun are showing. A little more combo damage, let me MB gun later, so I can hit confirm - no, better yet, let me MB gun and it only comes out on hit. Gun should capture into a combo from any range. B2 should be +1. I'll think of more.

Johnny needs mids. Kotal needs mids. Baraka needs a tutu costume. Kano needs to be deleted, redesigned and re-added and he needs to stop looking like my friend Joe because he REALLY does and it's legit creepy af.

Some tournament variations need an overhaul. There are variations used in tournament that need some changes. Changes should be made to variations that are tournament legal.

More combos. Seriously. More. Everywhere.

Tournament variations need to be looked at for some characters. With eyes. Seen with eyeballs and changed with hands operating under the orders of brains (BRAINS THAT ARE THINKING). Changed to make sense. And not suck.

EB needs to be less EB so I can go back to playing him. Only a little less. Make him Erron Balanced. Just a little balanced. I don't want things to be FAIR exactly, just less.. b22222222222222222222222222222222222222222222.

Gaxkang

Banned
Top tiers will get changed in some way I am sure...but I dunno if it'll all be enough, buffing and nerfing wise in terms of the roster, like buffing lower characters.

I hope they will re-balance krushing blows....I think they are ridiculously unbalanced. Part of what makes Geras so crazy is just the krushing blows.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
At a minimum, I believe that the following will be touched since they all affect the most characters across the board:
  1. Krushing Blow requirement and damage balance. The spectrums for both requirements and damage are just TOO wild
  2. Tournament Variations. Tom Brady said it best: there are too many variations that are just strictly better versions of the others by gaining the same sort of strengths without giving stuff up.
  3. Cancel / enhancement meter requirements (or lack thereof). Kung Lao, Sonya, Scorpion, Erron, etc.
  4. Minor frame changes to the bottom of the bottom tiers who struggle to even operate properly against a competent opponent right now.
  5. Hitbox issues fixed.
I honestly believe that the top tier characters shouldn't be touched directly yet with their frame data. Frame data is a very focused form of balancing that's done almost in a vacuum of just the character. Overall system changes like the ones I've listed above would help even the (admittedly already pretty even) playing field much better than batches of frame changes across a bunch of characters.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
My guess:
  • Kano, Kung Lao, Scorpion, and Kitana get minor frame-data, range, or damage buffs AND nerfs but nothing serious.
  • Sub-Zero gets an overhaul that makes him less live-or-die by 50/50s, makes him better in some cases but worse in others.
This looks pretty legit.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I don't think any character is broke but maybe to strong in every area:

• Scorpion Teleport is a high
  • Sub Zero will get s2 advantage reduced and F2 won't combo, maybe some things buffed to compensate.
  • Sonya ERDC and Erron SSC will cost meter.
  • Geras Damage Nerf and KB made harder.
  • Jacqui's frame data will have minor tweaks.
  • hitbox adjustments across the board.
  • KB requirements adjusted across the cast.
  • Kotal, D'Vorah and Shao Kahn will get frame data adjustments and hitbox fixes and hopefully Special moves will be made more practical.
  • Kung Lao, Kano and Raiden will get minor frame data changes.
  • Jade U+2 hitbox fixed.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
Hot takes:
They will overbuff Kotal and Noob and make them broke

They will overnerf Geras and make him trash

They will not change anything about Dvorah and Kano and they will keep being low tier

And they will nerf a honest character and make him low tier (my money is on Cassie or Kabal)

ArryKae

Noob
My guess:
I'm curious to what you think should/will be changed with Kitana. I, personally, would like more damage (cause I'm a scrub), but wouldn't exchange it for being unsafe. She's a safe, lower-end damage character, and I think it's fine. I'll admit I don't know the first thing about balancing though. I see people say they want to combo off her fans again, but I think that might be too much, even with scaling. I didn't play the beta and don't know what her damage was like though.

As far as what I'd want..

1- Her 1 to be a mid
2- Her amp fan to be a mid
3- Enemies not being able to break away from Fan-Nado until hit (like Cetrion's geysers)

Again, I don't know the first thing about balancing, so that could be too much. Also, something changed about her Mileena variation, to make it more viable. I have no idea what though.