What's new

Your buff and nerf predictions

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
I agree with many of your suggestions but some of that is unjustified and will ruin the characters.
Erron just needs to be unsafe on F4 Since all of his mix is fuzzy blockable.
  • Sonya needs a damage Nerf. Her mix is highs and the launcher is punishable.
  • certain characters don't have many ways to open up players, Cassie, Liu Kang fall under this category where thier game us built around the tools you are talking about. Stagger and number if hit mix.
  • Kotal needs a lot more than mids, he has so many hitbox issues and his Specials are useless.
But you have some good ideas
Sonya is broken. Cassie is busted too, you can have good tools without them being ridiculous, a 9f mid with sweep range that’s neutral on block? that’s wild compared to kotal and frost who have no mids that are 14f or faster. And liu kang would be solid mid tier maybe high tier without his f4 string being a mix.
Idk how or why they did kotal like this but you’re right he needs a lot of help. I guess the crippling him wasn’t just in the story

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Sonya is broken. Cassie is busted too, you can have good tools without them being ridiculous, a 9f mid with sweep range that’s neutral on block? that’s wild compared to kotal and frost who have no mids that are 14f or faster. And liu kang would be solid mid tier maybe high tier without his f4 string being a mix.
Idk how or why they did kotal like this but you’re right he needs a lot of help. I guess the crippling him wasn’t just in the story
I think Sonya's damage us way to strong but her mix is far from broke. They are highs and the launcher is unsafe on block. She gets good damage in the corner with ERDC but that is really the only thing with her.

Cassie only has mix from number of hits and stagger. F3 her low is 18f and only works pretty close up, requires setups or Oki to be really effective vs good players so she is basically mixing F4/F41 and F412/low shot and B243 as number of hit mix and wiff punishing. Far from broke. Cassie's pokes are very below average and are near impossible to counter poke reducing her to use F4 on counter. She is great from footsie range and has good zoning.

Some if the characters who are considered top tier which are top tier look very good on paper but once you use the movelist for yourself in a live setting vs high level players, you will start to see thier faults.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
I'm surprised not many people are talking Frost's issues. I really hope they fix her hitbox on her basic attacks, give her some usable mids, reduce her slow af start-up and recovery so she can compete with the rest of the cast. S1 and S3 will whiff right in front of the opponent, B1 and B3 are too slow to pressure anyone and you get your turn stolen constantly, her bombs are useless (slow start-up, terrible hitbox, hit mid) to even pressure anyone let alone freeze, so is her shield, and her core charge working only on 2 moves is ridiculous. She really needs some love.

Idk why you suggest bar usage but sonya already has to use her bar, she cannot cancel normal rings. Just tone down her dmg

Mint

too weird to live, too rare to die
Nerfs- Geras and Sonya damage output. Increase startup or recovery for errons acid. Chill out on the range of jaqui clinch, she feels like stretch Armstrong sometimes on that grab.
Buffs - any ridiculous KB requirements especially for Johnny and Shao. Dvorah certain frame data improvements. Decrease Kotals recovery time on the beam of light. Decrease block startup frames. Feel like such a lag with block coming out sometimes

Just what I can think of as of now.

grandabx

The Flameater
Just in general what I expect (and hope) to see:

1. Mix-up characters losing their super high damage potential, but given more avenues for mix-up opportunities.

2. The high damage potential instead given to characters with less options to open players up.

3. More normal/special air attacks that don't knock down (juggle), allowing for standing combos starting from the air.

4. More unique attributes to normal/special attacks like armor, bleed, unique-negation (Shao Kahn's leaping overhead having full projectile immunity or Kotal's slower attacks having armor properties).

5. A less robbery-feeling, less occurrence, more risk/reward aspect to Fatal Blow.

6. A changing of the Breakaway mechanic in some sense (maybe becomes a MK9 breaker to enable breaking on the ground and ending in a neutral state).

7. More normal/special attacks becoming mid-hitting attacks.

8. More recover/risk on attacks that can be abused currently.

9. The removal of chip-kill for a true neutral battle experience. Last Breath is useless against D.O.T., gap-less strings and multi-hit attacks. Earn the last hit.

10. More practicality to all Krushing Blows.

11. Hit/hurtboxes being fixed.

12. More 2-in-1 combos.

13. More block-strings that end with a special attack being 0 on block (ending in a complete neutral state).

14. Presets being more synergistic and having more moves. Possible full kustom variations taken out of the oven and served.

15. Health values differentiated. Balanced health values allows characters to have more/stronger options. Low-health characters, Akuma from Street Fighter, Chipp from Guilty Gear and Mira from Killer Instinct for example.

16. Arbitrary commands becoming more intuitive.

17. Game in general becoming even more meter management-intensive.

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
Whiffing issues fixed.

Nerfs and buffs:

Scorpion:

TP is now high and has to be amplified on startup for the second hit to come out.
F3 is more - on block.
D1 is more - on block.
D4 is more - on block.
JK has a smaller hitbox.
Increased recovery frames on whiffed and blocked spear.

Sonya:

Increased recovery on rings.
Increased dmg scaling on combos.
B12 is now uncancelable and only comes out as B124.
JK has a smaller hitbox.

Geras:

Hit adv on both throws is reduced.
Increased dmg scaling.
FB gap on F21(2).
Sand trap now -35.
JK and divebomb now have smaller hitboxes.
D1 is 7 frames and more - on block.

Erron Black:

B222 last hit Is not cancelable on block anymore.
D4 is now 10 frames of startup and -7.
D3 is now 8 frames and more negative.
D1 is now 7 frames and more negative.
JK hitbox reduced.
Scud shot can only parry 2 projectiles, additional parrys will cost a bar of defense.

Sub-Zero:

D1 is now 7 frames.
Backdash is slower.
F2 can't be canceled anymore.

Jacqui:

F31 is now -7.
F314 is now -15.
F31 cancel is now -7.
F1 is now 14 frames.
F12 is now -7.
D1 is now -6.
Dash punch has more recovery on whiff.
Increased hitbox when performing Jump in attacks.

Cassie:

F4 is now -5.
Up kick amplified is now -15.

Liu Kang:

Straight fireball now has slightly reduced hitbox.
Parry scales dmg.
F4 now -9.
Amplified low fireball leaves him closer to the opponent.
B1 now 12 frames of startup.

Baraka:

Slight dmg scaling after gutted.

Jade:

Regular Shadow Kick now does 10% dmg, Amplified now does 16%.
KB requirement changed to trigger after the 3rd amplified shadow kick and does now 27% raw and 32 when amplified.

Kung Lao:

Change his teleport KB somehow... is so bad I don't even know how to fix it.

Kano:

B3 is now +2 on block.
F12 is now is now a high-mid string.
B1 is now 10 frames of startup and has a slightly better hitbox.
F4 sped up to 22 frames.
F43 is now universal and KB triggers if it hits an opponent blocking low.

Raiden:

B12 is now -5.

Kabal:

F224 is now -7.

Increased KB dmg on F224.
Increased recovery on air saws.
Extended Hook is now -22 on block.

Shao Kahn:

F34 gap removed.
Can now choose sides on F34 1+3 for a bar.
All buffs have a better recovery speed.
Fixed buggy KBs.

Kotal:

212 is now a meterless launcher.
F3 now ticks (in a fair way lol).
12 now ticks.
F4 now +2.
Can choose sides on amplified cmd grab.

Cetrion:

Teleporting away now costs both defensive bars.

Skarlet:

Blood tongue is now -12 on block.

Kollector:

Fix his KBs.
Bola is now a little bit faster on startup to make combos more consistent.

D'vorah:

Give her decent frame adv on her pokes.
Decreased recovery on her projectiles.
F1 is now a mid.
12 has better hit adv to combo into amplified puddle.
Making scorpions teleport a high would literally destroy the reborn variation. There would be no teleport cancel mindgames as the defender could just d1 him out of any teleport (cancel or not) and have no reason to hold block when he sees scorpion teleport. I have no issues with not letting scorp amplify teleport on the first few block frames like he can now but I assure you making it a high would destroy his most viable variation.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
NRS balance team has not made one single intelligent decision with Cage in mkx and I don't expect one now.

Nerfs:

1. Cage amplified fireballs -2 on block down from +3 (too op). Fact that they actually whiff on block on 23 characters out of 25 is irrelevant and is left the same.
  2. Cage damage scaling increased after amplified nut punch. We felt Cage has a strong toolkit and did too much damage, we balanced it at arround 23% midscreen for 1 bar.
  3. Cage highs untouched, they would be too strong if they would actually hit crouch blocking opponents.
  4. Cage Krushing blows are fine, no change. Slight nerf on the f43 KB, we felt the damage was a bit high. Now does 18%.
  5. No frame data changes. He is not a rushdown character so he doesn't need a fast mid.
Buffs:

1. Character still on character select table.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Kung Lao

F2 to be -2 from -9

F21 to be -7 from -13

F13 to be -8 from -19

F12 to be mid overhead from being mid mid

21 to be high mid mid from being high high high

Move his chain fist to his 12 and change his 121 to 12f1 to remove any conflicts with the change.

Kung Lao

F2 to be -2 from -9

F21 to be -7 from -13

F13 to be -8 from -19

F12 to be mid overhead from being mid mid

21 to be high mid mid from being high high high

Move his chain fist to his 12 and change his 121 to 12f1 to remove any conflicts with the change.
wake up dude, its morning

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Cassie's D2 has the worst fucking hitbox out of the entire cast. I tried hitting somebody POINT BLANK on whiff in FRONT OF THEIR FACE and missed! That shit NEEDS to buffed.

Scorpion's Teleport needs to be a high

Johnny needs better requirements for KBs

Sonya's rings need more recovery for sure

Skarlet's B2 KB needs a damage buff because that shit is stupid weak for no reason and already super punishable on block. And would like her Amplified blood trail to have opponents stunned instead of the fake animation, but that probably wont happen.

Making scorpions teleport a high would literally destroy the reborn variation. There would be no teleport cancel mindgames as the defender could just d1 him out of any teleport (cancel or not) and have no reason to hold block when he sees scorpion teleport. I have no issues with not letting scorp amplify teleport on the first few block frames like he can now but I assure you making it a high would destroy his most viable variation.
The teleport has i12 startup frames. It's not reactable prior to impact. And teleport cancel puts him out of d1 range on almost every character in the roster (possibly all, I haven't tested). Not to mention the auto-mixup every time Scorp jumps at you. That's plenty of mind games.

And let me just be clear that an unreactable, full-screen, auto-tracking, nearly invincible, cancellable move with full-combo potential on any hit does NOT need a goddamned built-in mind game attached to it! It's already the best punish move in the whole game. Y'all want it to have multiple built-in mixups, too? Without even having to lab setups for distance, timing, hit advantage, knockdown, etc. like every other character in the game does? Not today, Satan!

Last edited:

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
I'm surprised not many people are talking Frost's issues. I really hope they fix her hitbox on her basic attacks, give her some usable mids, reduce her slow af start-up and recovery so she can compete with the rest of the cast. S1 and S3 will whiff right in front of the opponent, B1 and B3 are too slow to pressure anyone and you get your turn stolen constantly, her bombs are useless (slow start-up, terrible hitbox, hit mid) to even pressure anyone let alone freeze, so is her shield, and her core charge working only on 2 moves is ridiculous. She really needs some love.
Frost needs A LOT of help. Her buttons are a joke hitbox wise and frame wise. Her krushing blows are really bad too, I think the drill KB is bugged. She’s extremely unsafe for no reason and has a ton of gaps. I could go on all day about her issues

Matix218

Get over here!
The teleport has i12 startup frames. It's not reactable prior to impact. And teleport cancel puts him out of d1 range on almost every character in the roster (possibly all, I haven't tested). Not to mention the auto-mixup every time Scorp jumps at you. That's plenty of mind games.

And let me just be clear that an unreactable, full-screen, auto-tracking, nearly invincible, cancellable move with full-combo potential on any hit does NOT need a goddamned built-in mind game attached to it! It's already the best punish move in the whole game. Y'all want it to have multiple built-in mixups, too? Without even having to lab setups for distance, timing, hit advantage, knockdown, etc. like every other character in the game does? Not today, Satan!
You are not telling the whole story here though... teleport and amp teleport are both full combo punishable on block by every character, so if scorp guesses wrong he is eating 30+ (or breaking away which means he will lose defensive meter and access to teleport cancels for a while). Teleport only combos if amplified so it is not an auto combo if you get hit with a regular tp. If scorpion cancels a teleport (leaving him at neutral frame wise) and he ends up getting punished by a wrong guess/fast move he will now be unable to break away from the combo. And even if you are out of d1 range after tp cancel you could certainly still d3 him out of it if it hit high and there would be no reason to respect it if you can just block low and blow it up anyway.

Edit: i didnt mean block low, i meant neutral duck at full screen. There is NO mindgame at full screen vs scorpion if his tp is high, it totally removes the threat 100%

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
@ogrimtitan ALSO, even as a mid, if both players have full meter the random amp teleport "mindgame" is NEVER in scorpions favor. You guess right, you spent a bar to get less than 30% (unless you spend a second bar) and they can break away if they choose. You guess wrong, you lost and offensive bar and if you break away you lost all of your defensive bars too, or you are eating OVER 30% (fast grounded combo starter string of their choice into full combo) from your opponent assuming they spend a bar. So you are down two defensive bars and 1 offensive bars. Random amp tp is NOT a big deal and not where scorpion can get good damage in either variation.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
You are not telling the whole story here though... teleport and amp teleport are both full combo punishable on block by every character, so if scorp guesses wrong he is eating 30+ (or breaking away which means he will lose defensive meter and access to teleport cancels for a while). Teleport only combos if amplified so it is not an auto combo if you get hit with a regular tp. If scorpion cancels a teleport (leaving him at neutral frame wise) and he ends up getting punished by a wrong guess/fast move he will now be unable to break away from the combo. And even if you are out of d1 range after tp cancel you could certainly still d3 him out of it if it hit high and there would be no reason to respect it if you can just block low and blow it up anyway.

Edit: i didnt mean block low, i meant neutral duck at full screen. There is NO mindgame at full screen vs scorpion if his tp is high, it totally removes the threat 100%
I agree with you. I don't think it should be a high but only be allowed to amplify on hit. Those who are asking it to be a high aren't thinking rationally for the health of the character

Nerf Geras, Zonya, Scorpion and kabal Zoning. Buff the Kahns and D'vorah. And please give Kano a freaking mid!
But I am afraid they will buff somebody that does not need a buff and nerf somebody that does not need a nerf.
They always do.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Not sure. But I venture Geras and Sonya will definitely get adjusted since they kind of go against the purpose of how the game is “intended” to be played.

I just hope they fix Frost. She has a massive amount of hitbox issues (good example is scorpions teleport on block. He goes from right to left using a standing 1 without a dash whiffs, being the nature of his TP no attack should whiff that punish. But when he goes from left to right the stand 1 hits lmao)

Some of her frames are kinda suspect too. Anyway overall if there is a patch I’m sure what’s perceived as “50/50” will be touched on largely in the “top tier” ranks

First, you forget that Scorpion has the ability to teleport AWAY in Reborn. Not just in. So even in the case that TP cancel on side switch was useless, the variation would still have tools. Second, if you absolutely must have a mixup on tp, then make the amp’d second hit a mid. But I want to reiterate that a move like that doesn’t NEED an automatic, built-in mixup. It’s perfectly fine as a whiff punish. What other teleports in the game have such good frames and utility that they’re automatically a mixup just by existing? You see any other teleport in the game that forces every single member of the cast to inch forward with block, never throwing projectiles and barely throwing pokes, for fear of a full-combo reaction punish? Ask Raiden players or Kollector players or Kung Lao players if that sounds nice. Even if making it a high would completely remove the mind game (which it wouldn’t), it’s still the single best deterrent, pace control, punish move in the game.

Nah, i wish he would be as an old kabal main but he is too honest compared to the top, maybe some will pick him up but i cannot see many reasons why if we can play the blades or briggs