What's new

Wonder Woman General Discussion Thread

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Maybe a thread as in, strategies vs certain characters. Too soon for actual matchup numbers though.
That's ideally what a Matchup Thread / Discussion looks like in my opinion; a reference in talking strategies. Tier debates and MU numbers are a bi-product of that but really the heart of the conversation is strategy and why things work and why things do not against specific characters.

Last edited:

CamTheSneek

Somehow a C88 Leader
I REALLY love Womderbread in this game, she does need some help when you it comes to strings. Like if 113 is gonna be only plus 2 why does it have a gap and maybe more strings bc rn I'm only use about 2. But when I'm playing Wondercheese I've only had trouble vs zoning heavy characters and like braniac (Mainly because he has better footies). For other characters I don't really have a problem with them.

I am just a scrub though....

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
What's the timing , what's the secret of connecting the ''amazing'' B3 in her Combos guys?

Like b12 , MB Shield Toss , f23 . B3 <------- THIS HERE ... any tips of the timing and how to practice it?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
What's the timing , what's the secret of connecting the ''amazing'' B3 in her Combos guys?

Like b12 , MB Shield Toss , f23 . B3 <------- THIS HERE ... any tips of the timing and how to practice it?
It's very impractical IMO because it's so inconsistent... You might fail the link while trying to get more damage and get less damage and you just wasted a bar.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I saw in one of those combo videos that someone was doing: D12, MB Shield Toss and then straight into B3...

does that actually combo?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I did that few times in training mode with an opener + MB Shield Toss and direct B3 , but the window feels even smaller than the one after F23.
Ah, was just wondering if that would be easier for people having problems with the F23 combo.

Nvm then. haha

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I only use F3 after mb shield toss when the shield trait is active. Don't remember how much the extra damage was but it's a bit I think if you do mb shield F3 j3 3xshield bash

Yoaks

A spaceman
I been linking the b3 after Mb Shield Toss more times then not in my matches.

There really is no risk in doing this once your opponent is on their 2nd life bar.

If it links. You get unclashable damage.

If u miss. You get frame advantage.

If you miss the link and for whatever reason your opponent is pressing buttons like a maniac. Then they just gave you a reset.

There really is no reason not to try to go for the b3/f3 after mb Shield Toss.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I been linking the b3 after Mb Shield Toss more times then not in my matches.

There really is no risk in doing this once your opponent is on their 2nd life bar.

If it links. You get unclashable damage.

If u miss. You get frame advantage.

If you miss the link and for whatever reason your opponent is pressing buttons like a maniac. Then they just gave you a reset.

There really is no reason not to try to go for the b3/f3 after mb Shield Toss.
Except if you miss it you just wasted a bar that otherwise would've been guaranteed damage with F23

Yoaks

A spaceman
Except if you miss it you just wasted a bar that otherwise would've been guaranteed damage with F23
The whole point of doing this link is to remain unclashable.

I won't bother doing this on someone's 1st health bar.

One thing I want to test is if d1~MbToss is unclashable.

Last edited:

Skedar70

Noob
i'd be careful with that 223 string. the gap between before the 3 hits is an opening for a counter attack.
Yup gotta make the reads. If you believe you will get MB b3 on the gap got time a MB b3 of your own to counter and if you read a poke than you can go 22 MB bb or ff or just 22 into block. Its a bunch of mix ups but at least now you are playing mind games.

Yup gotta make the reads. If you believe you will get MB b3 on the gap got time a MB b3 of your own to counter and if you read a poke than you can go 22 MB bb or ff or just 22 into block. Its a bunch of mix ups but at least now you are playing mind games.
meter required haha

I've been playing quite a few people who have complemented my Wonder Woman.
They were thinking she was terrible, but I was proving them wrong.

They highlighted how good her space control is.
people are starting to catch on.

and i wasn't even getting my combos off on them...

I have to tip my hat to whoever posted about the b11 restand. it's so good. you can get a b2 or a f2 from it because of the stagger.