What's new

Wonder Woman General Discussion Thread

Sazbak

Noob
Ok I take everything I've said about Harley...

Can a normal human being handle the Cyborg matchup though without suffering a nervous breakdown?
That character is so rage and input error inducing. I could always pick Supergirl against him but I wanted to test the WoWo matchup as well.
Also since I started to play as WoWo I seem to get more Cyborgs after I pick my character.

Stanlos

Noob
Ok I take everything I've said about Harley...

Can a normal human being handle the Cyborg matchup though without suffering a nervous breakdown?
That character is so rage and input error inducing. I could always pick Supergirl against him but I wanted to test the WoWo matchup as well.
Also since I started to play as WoWo I seem to get more Cyborgs after I pick my character.
In Akromaniac we trust! YouTube search Akromaninac WW zoning Injustice 2 and you will find the path

Stanlos

Noob
It's fun on its own r*tarded way. I really facepalmed though when I let you clash in the third one with 3 secs left on the clock :D.
Muhuhahahahahaaaaaaa! I am still laughing at that.

There were a lot of WW mirrors yesterday. I bailed on the ones after ours. That was the ELEVENTH one!! 8^o

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Hey.

I'm on a perilous quest to obtain Wonder Woman's legendary armaments from essentially no progress. She's really fun to play, and while I seem to be doing alright in my matches, I'd like some references so I can learn from others. Is there any 2018 footage of high-level WoWo play you guys could send my way? I'd be mighty grateful.

Stanlos

Noob
Hey.

I'm on a perilous quest to obtain Wonder Woman's legendary armaments from essentially no progress. She's really fun to play, and while I seem to be doing alright in my matches, I'd like some references so I can learn from others. Is there any 2018 footage of high-level WoWo play you guys could send my way? I'd be mighty grateful.
YouTube search Akromaniac27 or YungMonster. Akro has amazing footage versus some prominent talents like ForeverKing and has recently updated indepth strategy guides. You can also peruse the threads where he, Gab, Goober, Faceless, and many illustrious others have contributed. There is also something called a discord in use but I only use the boards

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Hey all, after a long period away from the game I am slowly getting back into the game. I just wanted to ask the WoWo mains that are still around if there is anything significant that has changed with her.

I know patch wise she didn't really get anything but since most of the cast have been changed, how has it affected MUs? Are most of them still the same or have some swung from losing to winning and vice versa.

I also assume her playstyle is still the same.

Many thanks

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Hey all, after a long period away from the game I am slowly getting back into the game. I just wanted to ask the WoWo mains that are still around if there is anything significant that has changed with her.

I know patch wise she didn't really get anything but since most of the cast have been changed, how has it affected MUs? Are most of them still the same or have some swung from losing to winning and vice versa.

I also assume her playstyle is still the same.

Many thanks
All her buffs are quite old. I think you still played when she last got buffed, so nothing has changed, except the nerfs to the top tiers made it a bit easier for her to handle them.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I homed straight in on Kitana pretty quick. I don't think there is any correlation between her and the WoWo pick that makes any sense as to why. I tend to just find a girl and stick with her for some time. In this case I think she was fail over from MKX transition failures. I played Cassie, D'Vorah, and Mileena. One is obviously not available and the other two are so different that they don't fit anymore. K was an obvious option to explore at that point, and I liked her.

With WoWo, I was pretty exclusive but I also found the game so hard to play that I just couldn't focus on any more than the one character. I didn't have anyone from IJ that I needed to play and she seemed super bad ass, so I started throwing shields and that was that.

With MK11, I'm actually back to having more than one character. I toy with Johnny on the side, and picked up Raiden over the last couple of weeks. He may actually be my best character at this point, so I will probably just keep him around. Johnny just seemed really cool, fun, and his base movement and attacks seemed really solid and sensible. Raiden was just a curiosity pick that got away from me. He was just like the easiest character I've ever jumped into. There was almost no awkwardness playing him for the first time, which has never happened.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I homed straight in on Kitana pretty quick. I don't think there is any correlation between her and the WoWo pick that makes any sense as to why. I tend to just find a girl and stick with her for some time. In this case I think she was fail over from MKX transition failures. I played Cassie, D'Vorah, and Mileena. One is obviously not available and the other two are so different that they don't fit anymore. K was an obvious option to explore at that point, and I liked her.

With WoWo, I was pretty exclusive but I also found the game so hard to play that I just couldn't focus on any more than the one character. I didn't have anyone from IJ that I needed to play and she seemed super bad ass, so I started throwing shields and that was that.

With MK11, I'm actually back to having more than one character. I toy with Johnny on the side, and picked up Raiden over the last couple of weeks. He may actually be my best character at this point, so I will probably just keep him around. Johnny just seemed really cool, fun, and his base movement and attacks seemed really solid and sensible. Raiden was just a curiosity pick that got away from me. He was just like the easiest character I've ever jumped into. There was almost no awkwardness playing him for the first time, which has never happened.
I've thought about checking out Raiden too. I like neutral heavy characters and played Mileena in MKX. Started with Shao Kahn then Jade and now in limbo. Hoping some of these future leaked DLC characters (like Spawn, Sheeva, and Terminator) will feel more like my kind of character.