What's new

Wonder Woman General Discussion Thread

UnD34D

Noob
I'll be honest man, I think Wonder Woman is gonna have it fucking tough in this game. Her trait is pretty bad IMO, and when you get the boots, she doesn't switch which side she's facing when you air dash over them. Not having a reliable way in on zoners and slow normals puts her in an awful place, but her combo damage is ridiculous if she does get in.

She seems way worse than the original version; mostly because they took away her airdash for reasons unclear. The shield is way better than it used to be; albeit I'd rather just have the air dash punch that went almost full screen. I don't get why they had to completely revamp the character in general unless that was a universal design philosophy across all returning characters (doesn't seem like it).

As a Lex/Frost/Wonder Woman player I'm open to suggestions as to what character I should learn; you'd figure having 3 characters would be enough to guarantee you'd have a decent headstart in the sequel but apparently not.

How many characters have lows that are slower than overheads?

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Her design baffles me.

Fly's all over the story. No default air dash.
Has a sword, and it has abysmal range.
Think her parry needs way more advantage/less recovery
RNG trait is silly. Imagine if other characters with different versions of trait suffered this.

Not sure how she'll shake out. Hope I get surprised. range is bad. mobility is meh at best and top players are already bitching about her shield bash on twitter. RNG trait is dumb. Mix ups are meh and the low is a pain in the ass to combo. Only area I really see her shine is she punishes hard, but doesn't nearly everyone?

Edit: I'm really digging her despite my early nay-saying. I like that she's straight forward for the most part with very little shenanigans. It's strange because usually that makes a char not that strong, but I feel she's strong still.

Last edited:
The ability you get for Level 20 is really nice; it's the divepunch from the first game but safer/no combo extension for meter burn; will make a thread for abilities later I guess (only found 2 so far dunno how many there are per character). Both of them don't replace existing moves and are just added to the list. Essentially it gives you a critical angle of attack that she desperately needs; don't ask me why it's not just in her toolkit by default; but we can always beg NRS to patch it in for tourney play.

LEGI0N47

Wanted to bring up her 223 string. I have not seen it talked about yet. Game lists 2 as a 10 frame mid and the string is +12 on block. Leaves you right next to the opponent in range for a throw or D12 check. Seems to me this would be a great string to use when you block a wakeup or string that is negative but still "safe." It's tech roll able and has a small gap before the last hit. On hit it sends them full screen. I am not concerned about the gap since I see next to no one capitalize on them at all. Thoughts?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I am fine with a lot but linking b3 after a lot of the combos feels unnecessarily strict. Its not like it leads to some revelatory amount of damage compared to the rest of the cast.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I was gonna main her, but I'm in agreement with the person saying she's gonna have it rough in this game. Unless it's someone that has to fight up close, I always feel like I'm at the disadvantage in the match.

I've been playing her for about a week now. If you think she has a tough time against a majority of the cast you either:

1. Aren't patient
2. Aren't using her tools effectively(namely air/grounded shield bash/toss, b2, d2, d12)
3. You haven't played against enough of the cast yet

Personally I think she fights extremely well against a lot of characters people are speculating to be strong (black adam, darksied, catwoman, canary, ivy, etc)

We aren't even officially one week into the game yet y'all, DON'T give up on our Amazonian princess.

If you want to lab or have any questions feel free to hmu: @faclessmantv on twitter.

Let's grind this character out guys!

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
Can I post MU things related in here? Either way;

Had some good sets vs an Ivy last night, essentially let her have mid-screen didn't do anything too risky or rash. Advanced until she was backed, then I begun pressuring. She's usually pretty safe, not a great deal of mistakes from my opponent. Something key is once you're on top of her, is to low profile her wake up. Surprisingly on knock down I used F2 and it avoided the command throw.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I'd start a match up thread but I'm probably not going to be able to curate. I'm curious what people are doing against Deadshot and Darkseid atm.

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
I'd start a match up thread but I'm probably not going to be able to curate. I'm curious what people are doing against Deadshot and Darkseid atm.
Cant say a great deal about Deadshot, however Darkseids I have some experience.

- Some lasers can be ducked (probably already know)
- Depending on where they do it from, shield bash closes the gap also hits them if you block the laser within range. I want to say it punishes but they might just not be blocking.
- Her D2 is really good at catching his Teleport
- Use your parry to catch lasers, her parry works against his super!
- Darkseid lacks mids if I'm not mistaken?

Slow, gradual approach. Isn't going to be fun nor easy however.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Anyone know how to play the Batman vs. Ww matchup yet? He seems to do better than her at full screen and close range. Any tips?

Skedar70

Noob
Ok so why doesn't the Athena/shield buff enhance the damage of her shield projectile? It eats other projectiles but the damage remains the same. It only enhances the damage of f3 and meter burned bf3. That sucks.

LEGI0N47

Ok so why doesn't the Athena/shield buff enhance the damage of her shield projectile? It eats other projectiles but the damage remains the same. It only enhances the damage of f3 and meter burned bf3. That sucks.
Yeah I noticed that as well. Don't quite understand that.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I'm getting really down on her too tbh to the point where I don't even want to boot up the game. Having to meticulously try to weave in against the strong zoning characters of the game only to get chipped / knocked back out makes me wonder *zing* why I'm bothering playing her. Currently considering another character that can counter zone more efficiently like Grodd, Supergirl, Cheetah, Catwoman, Firestorm.

The Highlander

There can be only one
The ability you get for Level 20 is really nice; it's the divepunch from the first game but safer/no combo extension for meter burn; will make a thread for abilities later I guess (only found 2 so far dunno how many there are per character). Both of them don't replace existing moves and are just added to the list. Essentially it gives you a critical angle of attack that she desperately needs; don't ask me why it's not just in her toolkit by default; but we can always beg NRS to patch it in for tourney play.
How can it be safer than a move that was plus 6?

Yoaks

A spaceman
Yea I don't like Diana in the story at all. Good thing this isn't the "true" Wonder Woman.

#NotMyWonderWoman

fong03

Noob
I wonder if it is bugged. The description says shield based attacks, so that should include the shield toss. Also, I noticed that the ability Athena's Power might now be working properly. When you equip the ability it doesn't increase the damage any more than it is under the usual shield trait with Hippolyta's light. Artemis' Strength has a similar description and it increases the bracelet damage buff beyond what you normally get under trait. Seems fishy to me.

I'm getting really down on her too tbh to the point where I don't even want to boot up the game. Having to meticulously try to weave in against the strong zoning characters of the game only to get chipped / knocked back out makes me wonder *zing* why I'm bothering playing her. Currently considering another character that can counter zone more efficiently like Grodd, Supergirl, Cheetah, Catwoman, Firestorm.
I'm right there with you. . .