What's new

Wonder Woman General Discussion Thread

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Lol I know man I'm super emo about her. I could adjust to her turtle style more if she had better answers for zoning. I just don't see it in the current meta.
it does feel like a struggle at the moment. I still need to play more as I have had limited time with the game but man, some matches feel so hard

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
so in practice, it looks like you should be able to pick trait blessing to practice with, but it still comes out randomly. Is that not a thing?

**edit
Well now it's working. Sure wasn't before.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
We can't claim a character garbage after less than a week the game dropped... Let's wait and practice.., maybe she just takes more patience than most characters, I think she feels underwhelming but she is not bad by any means, she has some good mid/close ranged buttons and even tho her mobility got nerfed,she still has good dashes, shield bash that can be made safe meterlessly at certain ranges or plus with a bar, good damage and a parry...
she can't be that bad,

Yoaks

A spaceman
so in practice, it looks like you should be able to pick trait blessing to practice with, but it still comes out randomly. Is that not a thing?

**edit
Well now it's working. Sure wasn't before.
Once you set the trait to what you want in the Practice Options. Hit reset and you'll get the buff you want.

Skedar70

Noob
Is this the general opinion from the community? I don't feel shes garbage. Just maybe outclassed by the presumed higher tier.
It seems like it, from the posts in this thread. And by analyzing her tools and frames I wouldn't doubt it.

Last edited:

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Once you set the trait to what you want in the Practice Options. Hit reset and you'll get the buff you want.
Thanks, that looks like what I needed to do. Was kind of complicated for me given I had to set the dummy to human and use a second controller since they don't have a reset menu item and I don't use a ps4 pad.

Side note, I'm not sure I get the point of why traits need to be random.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Thanks, that looks like what I needed to do. Was kind of complicated for me given I had to set the dummy to human and use a second controller since they don't have a reset menu item and I don't use a ps4 pad.

Side note, I'm not sure I get the point of why traits need to be random.
Yea I honestly don't use trait hardly at all. 1/5 chance on what I want? No thanks.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
What are her to go strings on the neutral? it seems like she has no range and her mids are slow?

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I agree with @EMPRESS_SunFire

Despite frustrating sets her range is decent, but she is one of those characters were you really need to be in tune with the max range of her normals to get the most out of it. No whiffing or you are asking for trouble.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
I still enjoy wonder woman in this game. I do think the trait is lazy though.
the concept is good but the execution is half assed.

Keep in mind how I view WW, and how strong and varied her true counterparts(Superman,Supergirl,Adam) are depicted in this game-she feels weak- I would just change her trait up.

IMO The blessings are fine and even the random part could be manageable IF the newly acquired skills had true benefit.
If i had my say...

1st and foremost WW would have an her airdash back in her normal skillset

2nd the Hermes blessing would provide her w/ temporary use of her air dive bomb and/or longer and faster dashes (both air and ground)

3rd the Artemis blessing should reflect projectiles

4th the Demeter blessing is ok... damage reduction

5th the Hestia blessing is ok - lasso damage

6th Athena blessing -WW should have temporary access to that walking shield move

If she had all useful traits the randomness wouldn't be much of an issue.

With moves that are already in the game, Nrs can fully flesh out her skillset.

JMO tho...

Shaka

Tier Whore.

Despite frustrating sets her range is decent, but she is one of those characters were you really need to be in tune with the max range of her normals to get the most out of it. No whiffing or you are asking for trouble.
does she need full commitment or a packet ww will do? I'm playing too many chars now not sure if i wanna mess with her.

Skedar70

Noob
B2 for the range and B1 is also good at whiff punishing sometimes.
She has good range actually and her best mids are definitely D12 and B11.

Why do you guys believe this? Aside from her b2, most of her buttons actually have no reach and will constantly whiff. d1, d12, b12, 11, 22 have no reach the opponent just has to walk a little bit back. Compare this to Black Adam, green lantern, superman, batman, the joker, flash all of these characters have more reach than her. Also all of these strings are very negative so you don't even get any sort of stagger pressure. This is why she isn't an in your face character either.

So she sucks at long range, sucks at close range and at mid range she is meh.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I see some of the nay-saying above and I was once leaning that way. But she's not bad at all. The character is pretty straight forward, which is why I like her, and will be strong with dedication. She's just not e-zy mode with long reaching fwd advancing strings/mix ups and/or zoning etc mixed in with shenanigans.

She controls space quite well with B2, BF1, and all the various shield tosses. The shield tossing can get intensely annoying in some match ups. But again it's not easy mode since it's not full screen and that normal doesn't lead to big damage unless you blow two bars for a bounce cancel. He D3 low profiles and is in general a good sweep. On a read you can parry wakeups or reversals as well as several projectiles on reaction. Her damage is good too when you get it. This character will require MU knowledge to know which normal can punish what or when you can start pressure on suto safe strings or specials that are actually negative but not a free blow up etc. I will admit her range does leave a bit to be desired and it would be really nice if it went just a little further. She does have a sword after all.

I will admit though that despite defending her I believe that she could really really use that default air dash. I don't even care if the trait stays random. But it would also be great to make the trait selectable. It's not even that strong to begin with. Especially when compared to the other damage boosting traits that exist. Those two things alone would be huge. Anything else like, better frame data on a couple of her strings is a pipedream, but I'd take it.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Her main problem is her lack of tools.

That downward shield slam should be part of her basic moveset.

Her straight air punch from previous game needs to return.

Air dash should be part of basic moveset.

I don't even care about her bracelets parrying Melee attacks. Make it projectile only parry and let her deflect projectiles (high and mid only).

In a game where zoners have high, low, mid and shit ton of different projectiles this isn't asking for much.

What's really frustrating is that these zoners are able to do 300+ meter less damage at close range and send you back full screen.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Another major issue she has is the fact that when she does air dash, the character doesn't automatically turn around, so you basically waste air dashes when you fly over enemies, or at worst do nothing.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
It has been said here as well as other platforms several times. You can't expect her to play just like her Injustice 1 model. Approach her as a new character. Probably the most changed out of the returning cast but most defiantly not lacking tools. They're just different. It is a bit of a bummer than she doesn't have both a solid low and overhead option when there's no full screen option and there are characters with literally all those things that are also very easy to use. If you don't like her don't play her and get some easier W's.

And the main purpose of the air dash isn't to get simple crossovers. It's for better mobility to navigate the stage.

Her best mid range normal is D2, this is under utilized imo.

Her trait is actually very useful and you should always look to have it up if you can, unless you are fighting heavy zoners and you DONT have the life lead if you do trait up and hope you get 3/5 that are helpful.

End all combos in 133 then whiff shield bash to stay in on zoners.

Yoaks

A spaceman
What are her to go strings on the neutral? it seems like she has no range and her mids are slow?
D12, B2, Bash and Shield Toss is really it for me. I tend not to use b11 in neutral or even to whiff punish anything.

Yoaks

A spaceman
It's also really unfortunate that she has a sword but all she does is frail around with it. B11 and 22 shes just swinging the sword like a toddler.

Just kind of surprised NRS did this when shes a warrior and she should be doing jab motions with it. Like with Sword and Shield stance in the first game.