What's new

Wonder Woman General Discussion Thread

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Why do you guys believe this? Aside from her b2, most of her buttons actually have no reach and will constantly whiff. d1, d12, b12, 11, 22 have no reach the opponent just has to walk a little bit back. Compare this to Black Adam, green lantern, superman, batman, the joker, flash all of these characters have more reach than her. Also all of these strings are very negative so you don't even get any sort of stagger pressure. This is why she isn't an in your face character either.

So she sucks at long range, sucks at close range and at mid range she is meh.
I agree that her stagger game could get improvement but her range is not that bad to be honest... I mean, I main Cheetah and now THAT is bad range. Characters like Black Adam just have some dumb range lol, that normal is just stupid. Also, The Flash doesn't that that much range either, I would actualy say they both have kinda the same range.

Edit: also she has shield toss, instant air down shield toss and shield bash. The reason why I think they didn't give her normals that much range and priority is because of shield bash... They obviously wanted to balance her around this move.

Skedar70

Noob
I agree that her stagger game could get improvement but her range is not that bad to be honest... I mean, I main Cheetah and now THAT is bad range. Characters like Black Adam just have some dumb range lol, that normal is just stupid. Also, The Flash doesn't that that much range either, I would actualy say they both have kinda the same range.

Edit: also she has shield toss, instant air down shield toss and shield bash. The reason why I think they didn't give her normals that much range and priority is because of shield bash... They obviously wanted to balance her around this move.
I will try shield bash more. I think lasso bf 1 may also help with her range and its only -8.

I'm not really understanding the arguments here, the character has no mixups and poor range but a decent midrange projectile and that's basically it. Nivek is a really good player but I don't recall him being a low tier hero, how is that going to work? You can play the character well if you punish and whiff punish but that applies to every single character in the game and she's worse than most at both. Looking at the character select screen there's 3 or 4 characters around the same power level.

It's the proverbial wait for the patch situation but inevitably the game is almost always more boring post patch than pre patch (though perhaps not if you stuck with a terrible character the whole time for no reason). Also the character is probably just never going to be good without the 3, 3 string/airdash.

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
IMO, she's very bad in Injustice 2. She does midrange well, so she'll do well against characters like Cheetah and Black Canary, but it's like Wonder Woman has never had shit thrown at her.

It doesn't help that her throw is counter intuitive, it throws them full screen. Her shield bash is great, but it sends them flying, so that also defeats the purpose if you're getting zoned out. She'll never launch Aquaman in her life, and most characters walk out of her low because of the games' lack of proximity guard. She lost to zoning in Injustice 1 as well, but atleast she had ways to get in and have a chance. I just don't see it in this game. Your opponent has to be supremely bad and you have to make no mistakes against zoners.

Shield toss MB confirms are good damage and send to the corner real quick. But she doesn't even get a free dash into mixup off of lasso, so she's giving up damage to get a mixup that isn't even good. And RNG trait is like ???????

If you have a 21f low, it needs to be a safe launcher. It makes 0 sense because you give up everything against zoners if you're blocked, and she has no frametraps. You actually have to make hard reads and there are so many bullshit situations in Injustice 2 where you can't even make a read, you're just gonna have to hold that, or the read is gonna be to better position yourself over getting big damage (in Injustice 1, if you made that hard read, you will always get 35-40% into a hold that mixup).

She has no identity in this game. She's literally flailing to get nothing don't @ me.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
She doesn't have any range other than b2... and you don't even get anything off of that unless you wanna spend two bars. B11 and 22 have GARBAGE range. And you can't even really stagger them. Basically her only good string is D12 and literally everyone is going to be blocking that.

If she had just one advancing string she'd be a lot better.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Damn I was trying to defend her and say she's not abysmal but Filipino man has brought up some good points. The best being the bad knockdown advantage and shit low she has. Seems like bad design considering everything else and comparing her to the rest of the cast. I was never going to bring up the throw but a lot of close range characters have dumb throws that send people flying.

At this point no one should have to mention what a joke the rng trait is and the lack of default air dash.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I would also like to discuss about your opinions on her gameplan against zoners...
What most people do is end combos with 113 into safe trait activation hoping to get a buff which would help her against the zoning BUT you lose oki so isn't it like counter productive? Like... Yeah, I might get a buff that will help me but now I lost my advantage and will go back to getting zoned.

I'm starting to think her midscreen trait set-ups should be used when you have a lifelead or something and since 113 isn't a hard knockdown your oponent can just tech roll most of your options after it so what do you guys think about ending combos with sweep? Sure she loses even more damage but it's literally her only legit hard knockdown... Personally, I think I will start doing this if I wanna start offense, S3~lasso grab ender against rushdown characters that she can keep out and 113 into trait ender against zoners when I have a life lead.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Damn I was trying to defend her and say she's not abysmal but Filipino man has brought up some good points. The best being the bad knockdown advantage and shit low she has. Seems like bad design considering everything else and comparing her to the rest of the cast. I was never going to bring up the throw but a lot of close range characters have dumb throws that send people flying.

At this point no one should have to mention what a joke the rng trait is and the lack of default air dash.
I feel like trait should just give 3 options.
F+Trait - Damage Buff
B+Trait - Damage Reduction
D+Trait - Air Dash Enabled

There's no reason other every other character with a trait that gives multiple buffs should get to choose and she shouldn't.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
On the whole I think she is a character that you need to commit to, especially with a random trait. But others might disagree with me.

@Akromaniac27 @EMPRESS_SunFire @Lex Luthor II @StormGoddess @Evil Canadian @Yoaks @Gooberking

Thoughts?

If you want to play Wonder Woman from Injustice Gods Among Us 1, then I suggest trying Supergirl. I picked her up, labbed for like 20 mins, and immediately fit into her because of my familiarity with WoWo in IGAU1. Once I figured out Supergirl I came back and played with WoWo and just had to deal with the fact that shes totally different now. You're right you have to commit to her newness.

But she hits HARD and has quick d12 (borderline hit-confirmable if you're fast) punish for massive damage. Her lass grab just seems really useful now since she lost her other tools, so the grab becomes a mainstay. Her shield toss, in lieu of tiarra, is better this game, really useful for harassing, especially instant down air toss.

...but in this game where zoning is king and super important its pretttttty hard to deal with a competent zoner as WoWo. 2 players of equal skill, one with zoning char and one with WoWo, the zoner will win.

So I know, counter-pick, but I want to play as WoWo.

And her trait, just garbage. Worse than last game. Make us pick her trait, and they normalize her to where she SHOULD be.

WoWo is a jack of no trades and obviously also a master of none :/

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I feel like trait should just give 3 options.
F+Trait - Damage Buff
B+Trait - Damage Reduction
D+Trait - Air Dash Enabled

There's no reason other every other character with a trait that gives multiple buffs should get to choose and she shouldn't.
Personally I would just give the air dash to her as default and then the other ones are all selectable via 4 different inputs. Honestly as long as it's not RNG it would be great.

Slot machine traits shouldnt be a thing, ever. Harley was a prime example of this and they changed it only to hand it over to WW of all people. Breh.
I'm still salty about that...

I'm not sure if any of you lot ever tried playing any matches with INJ1 Wonder Woman where you only used her sword and shield stance as much as possible? I did it once or twice as a weird self-imposed challenge, and honestly? That's what Wonder Woman feels like in Injustice 2 - a little too clunky and like there's something 'missing'. But who knows, maybe it'll work out.

Skedar70

Noob
I advise everyone here to drop the character until it gets fixed. The salt induced by struggling to get any wins and losing to braindead zoning will give me cancer and its not worth it.

Akro has being doing good in a couple of videos I have seen, however I am seeing a lot of missed punishes by opponents and not poking back and I am guessing its because MU knowledge. They haven't realized how negative she is after her buttons. So I really don't see this getting any better and on the contrary its gonna get worse once everybody else gets trained on her.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I advise everyone here to drop the character until it gets fixed. The salt induced by struggling to get any wins and losing to braindead zoning will give me cancer and its not worth it.

Akro has being doing good in a couple of videos I have seen, however I am seeing a lot of missed punishes by opponents and not poking back and I am guessing its because MU knowledge. They haven't realized how negative she is after her buttons. So I really don't see this getting any better and on the contrary its gonna get worse once everybody else gets trained on her.
I like my characters because they are them, I can't pick them because of tools :(

Also if I played IGAU's Zatanna vs Aquaman and MMH without dropping her, I can play anything with Wonder Woman lol, trust me!

Stanlos

Noob
She seems way worse than the original version; mostly because they took away her airdash for reasons unclear. The shield is way better than it used to be; albeit I'd rather just have the air dash punch that went almost full screen. I don't get why they had to completely revamp the character in general unless that was a universal design philosophy across all returning characters (doesn't seem like it).

As a Lex/Frost/Wonder Woman player I'm open to suggestions as to what character I should learn; you'd figure having 3 characters would be enough to guarantee you'd have a decent headstart in the sequel but apparently not.

How many characters have lows that are slower than overheads?
This is what has my sister going nuts right now. Listening to her she thinks that NRS quite simply hates Wondy. She says that nearly everyone else was Legacy and mildly tweaked but still overall IMPROVED. I don't know about all that, but in my view I can't find the logic in their development of the powers for the character. Wonder Woman's legend is Stronger than Hercules. Swifter than Mercury. Beautiful as Aphrodite. Wise as Athena. How is the character with this setup less mobile than a normal like GREEN ARROW or CATWOMAN who are completely mortal?

Now I noticed that her old demigoddess might is in the game as a MOVE FOR SUPERGIRL AND SUPERMAN.

WTF.

I just don't get it and it is ruining my ability to enjoy the game. I played against a Dr. Fate and Deadshot today and my controller barely survived.

Last edited:

Stanlos

Noob
I hope this fucking bitch is bottom tier, I hated her guts in the story.
I hope players of INJUSTICE are not getting their first exposure to the character from this game. Please know that the character is NOTHING LIKE THESE EVE/POWER ENVY version in the games or its comics. To wash the taste out of your mouth you can visit Amazon and check out ANY of the Greg Rucka books with her, the Phil Jimenez books or the Gail Simone stuff.

Do see her movie and read some of her books. They do not service her character in the INJUSTICE series (comics or game)

Stanlos

Noob
I'm getting really down on her too tbh to the point where I don't even want to boot up the game. Having to meticulously try to weave in against the strong zoning characters of the game only to get chipped / knocked back out makes me wonder *zing* why I'm bothering playing her. Currently considering another character that can counter zone more efficiently like Grodd, Supergirl, Cheetah, Catwoman, Firestorm.
How have your mirror matches been with her?

Stanlos

Noob
We can't claim a character garbage after less than a week the game dropped... Let's wait and practice.., maybe she just takes more patience than most characters, I think she feels underwhelming but she is not bad by any means, she has some good mid/close ranged buttons and even tho her mobility got nerfed,she still has good dashes, shield bash that can be made safe meterlessly at certain ranges or plus with a bar, good damage and a parry...
she can't be that bad,
Did anyone else have an odd experience with her jumping 2 avoiding Supergirl's teleport?

fong03

Noob
I hope players of INJUSTICE are not getting their first exposure to the character from this game. Please know that the character is NOTHING LIKE THESE EVE/POWER ENVY version in the games or its comics. To wash the taste out of your mouth you can visit Amazon and check out ANY of the Greg Rucka books with her, the Phil Jimenez books or the Gail Simone stuff.

Do see her movie and read some of her books. They do not service her character in the INJUSTICE series (comics or game)
If I were paranoid, I'd wonder if the people at NRS really hate the character. She was HORRIBLE in the story mode and was pretty bad in I1 to be honest. Add that with her gameplay and if you weren't a fan of the character before, you probably hate her now.

It's kind of baffling to me given that her movie comes out in 2 weeks. If it had been Batman, Superman or even Flash or Aquaman with a huge summer movie due out weeks after release of the game, I promise you more care would have been given to the character. There's nothing about the character in I2 that would make someone want to go out and buy tickets to see her movie.

I remember reading that Boon is a fan of Aquaman and he really wanted to show how cool the character is in Injustice 1. I wish someone on the team felt that way about WW. I appreciate the aesthetics of her moves. The glow of the lasso and sound of her abilities, especially when trait is up, are really wonderful. I wish they had gotten the rest of her right.

Okay, rant over.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
This is all going to fall under the banner of "thoughts by a guy that kinda sucks and hasn't even played real people yet" and I'm not making any real assertions as to what is good or bad.

She does have a dead spot between B2 and her close normals. I know it's a given that you want a character to have every range covered, but it's fairly narrow distance band that seems like you should be able to make someone work for.

If someone really, really wants that spot, then harass them with the shield until they find a way to get in B2 range, then swing at them with that or use D2 if they try to do it airborne (D2, D2, BF1 is super flexible and easy). If they do start to get in MB BF3 to force them to start climbing again.

If they keep trying to get into the dead zone you may be able to take advantage of their persistence and creep in to meet them so they are in range. If you are willing to make a gutsy read, you can MB shield toss which causes them to step forward into range and continue with a full combo. I'm also guessing when they are in the dead zone is probably is about as good a time to use an armored B3 as you are going to get.

I don't see anything wrong with the idea of giving her a full time air dash. I can't imagine it would drastically improve her in a way that would cause any issues with rocketing her up tier placement.

It would sure be nice to kill the random on trait. 4 directions + neutral = 5 and she has 5 traits, so .... I don't think that would make her all that much better. It would just let her adapt to the MU situation a little and drastically reduce the friction of using her trait. If they had to limit it somehow by like, only letting you pick one per round/match then that would still be better than dice rolls.

She does seem to need meter to get much of anything going. MB shield toss is needed to get into most of her damage, and you can't really toss out a random Bash without it. I don't know that that is unusual though, and I don't recall feeling starved for meter thus far, so maybe I'm full of it there.

One thing I am leery of is that her main combo pattern has two somewhat tight commands early on. Something I like to see in a combo is where the risky stuff is stacked at the end so if you do drop it you still get most of the damage. With WW, you better not drop it before you get your wall bounce or you are out a bar, a turn, and a lot of "I almost had it" damage.

Anyway, that's probably the closest thing to insight that I will ever have. We will see where things go. I don't have to worry so much about picking winners. It's a for fun gig for me, and B11 shield loops, into BG bounce, into wall bounce amuses me a lot. I doubt I will have an exclusive relationship with WW (loyalty seems like a bad idea in IJ2) but I think I'm keeping her around. I just kinda dig the chick.