What's new

Who's your most difficult opponent on Xbox Live.

Who's your most difficult opponent on Xbox Live?

• I Sugar I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DC HUSTLE 106

• Annihilator83

• abc ur dead0

• Genital Tumor A.K.A Necropedephile

• ShaneyMcGrady

• Total voters
Shock said:
DC HUSTLE 106 said:
Shock said:
I could name a lot of players who can beat 99% of players on XBL. 99.9% however, not that many.

i hope your including yourself in the 99.9%. I guess you can name a lot because of what they have done to you.

Just because they probably own you doesn't mean they will do us like that.
What I mean is there's probably 100 players who could always beat 99% even though 100 players is 99.9 percentile, in the top 100 players there's only a handful who can consistently beat everyone under them which separates them from the top 1% into below.

Lex, Moe, Thrower, CD, DC, Shaney, JJ, Broken, Pajaro, I guess UMK Killer since everyone speaks highly of him, although I played him maybe 3 total matches and was lagged and had to leave, and myself off the top of my head can beat basically anyone under that level without much effort. Lately I've been playing people more to teach them then to beat them. The community is big enough now that it isn't at the top of my list to be on top anymore but I did try hard to rank up UltimateMKoCOM to top 5 for the sake of advertising the site to random players. I'm glad there are so many guys who are striving for excellence. Sorry if I forgot anyone on that lists, there are a few others.

There are also a number of other players who are very good with a couple characters, probably to the point where they could beat virtually anyone with maybe 1 or 2 characters but I can't include them on that list. Consistency with multiple characters, beating high tier character with lower ones vs players with roughly the same skill etc is all a major component. If someone is randoming vs you, and you are picking all your best and still having trouble, or losing, they are most likely better than you.

So anyway, what I really have always wanted is to get people out to tournaments. Playing online is cool, and it brings up a lot of this kind of discussion, "Who's the best?" etc, but online there is a lot of room for error, which is why some of the VERY best don't play and I completely and totally understand that. I think there are enough good quality players out there whom I get a solid connection to and have fun and still be able to compete. If it's too delayed, laggy or there is frame skip (which results in input/packet loss) and you're playing someone who is as good or even nearly as good who has no handicaps, it's not fun. I can tolerate handicaps vs at least 99% of players.

In situations where lag was related to multiple players in the room, I have had players say to me "I liked it better when you had lag" because I got to play them 1 on 1 and they couldn't beat me. I also use to use the keyboard online from time to time before my XFPS crapped out and had players ask me not to use it. It's like saying "I liked it better when you used the 50% life code." All of these variables that dance around even XBL, being everyone uses one console and CPU for instance, there are still things that prevent a complete perspective.

Going back to when the game was first out, both players using the exact same control type (for example on an arcade machine) was the only way to show who's had it. Even in THIS situation you will experience issues like one stick is loose, the other isn't, things like that. I am even affected by how I'm standing when I play. If I'm next to someone who's hogging machine space I will nudge them over until I'm in a comfortable position.
The whole tournament thing is true but you know everyone is not gonna come.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Numbers have been increasing, once someone comes out for one they usually can't wait for the next and clear their day for it. It's getting them out the first time that's the hardest.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I did vote for anybody because this thread is stupid and doesnt prove anything.
The person who started this thread hasnt a clue about who is good or bad. The list for him would be several THOUSAND GT's long.

Shock said:
DC HUSTLE 106 said:
Shock said:
I could name a lot of players who can beat 99% of players on XBL. 99.9% however, not that many.

i hope your including yourself in the 99.9%. I guess you can name a lot because of what they have done to you.

Just because they probably own you doesn't mean they will do us like that.
What I mean is there's probably 100 players who could always beat 99% even though 100 players is 99.9 percentile, in the top 100 players there's only a handful who can consistently beat everyone under them which separates them from the top 1% into below.

Lex, Moe, Thrower, CD, DC, Shaney, JJ, Broken, Pajaro, I guess UMK Killer since everyone speaks highly of him, although I played him maybe 3 total matches and was lagged and had to leave, and myself off the top of my head can beat basically anyone under that level without much effort. Lately I've been playing people more to teach them then to beat them. The community is big enough now that it isn't at the top of my list to be on top anymore but I did try hard to rank up UltimateMKoCOM to top 5 for the sake of advertising the site to random players. I'm glad there are so many guys who are striving for excellence. Sorry if I forgot anyone on that lists, there are a few others.

There are also a number of other players who are very good with a couple characters, probably to the point where they could beat virtually anyone with maybe 1 or 2 characters but I can't include them on that list. Consistency with multiple characters, beating high tier character with lower ones vs players with roughly the same skill etc is all a major component. If someone is randoming vs you, and you are picking all your best and still having trouble, or losing, they are most likely better than you.

So anyway, what I really have always wanted is to get people out to tournaments. Playing online is cool, and it brings up a lot of this kind of discussion, "Who's the best?" etc, but online there is a lot of room for error, which is why some of the VERY best don't play and I completely and totally understand that. I think there are enough good quality players out there whom I get a solid connection to and have fun and still be able to compete. If it's too delayed, laggy or there is frame skip (which results in input/packet loss) and you're playing someone who is as good or even nearly as good who has no handicaps, it's not fun. I can tolerate handicaps vs at least 99% of players.

In situations where lag was related to multiple players in the room, I have had players say to me "I liked it better when you had lag" because I got to play them 1 on 1 and they couldn't beat me. I also use to use the keyboard online from time to time before my XFPS crapped out and had players ask me not to use it. It's like saying "I liked it better when you used the 50% life code." All of these variables that dance around even XBL, being everyone uses one console and CPU for instance, there are still things that prevent a complete perspective.

Going back to when the game was first out, both players using the exact same control type (for example on an arcade machine) was the only way to show who's had it. Even in THIS situation you will experience issues like one stick is loose, the other isn't, things like that. I am even affected by how I'm standing when I play. If I'm next to someone who's hogging machine space I will nudge them over until I'm in a comfortable position.

On a side note, I wonder how many people who voted have actually played everyone on the list, let alone more than once.
WOW!!! You should write a book about this and call it UMK3: Gamer's Ambition. LOL!

Tim Static

Adminerator
I'd love to see Shock nudge somebody on a cab, then the person pushes back, then Shock comes back with a powerbomb into the cab followed by a frog splash off the top of the ski ball. :D

i voted for shaney because i personally think hes the second best on that list he is to underrated and of course crazy is the best on the list :D

Tim Static said:
I'd love to see Shock nudge somebody on a cab, then the person pushes back, then Shock comes back with a powerbomb into the cab followed by a frog splash off the top of the ski ball. :D
Shock and I have had our fair share of cabinet nudging. I try and grab player 2 side cause I pivot to the right, leaving the first player room when I play. But yea, 2 big dudes on a cabinet = no fuckin room... unless you got a cabinet like mine with a foot of space between the sticks :)

jjepperson said:
i voted for shaney because i personally think hes the second best on that list he is to underrated and of course crazy is the best on the list :D
To be honest this statement is very true and shaney is very underrated and what people don't know shaney is better than me by a little he got me on a few things.

And shaney i think you know this but we don't compare ourselves to each other but im telling you this today that you are better because i really see that people just don't know how good you really are. Shaney is the closest thing to CD. I am not saying these because we are cousins but because it's the truth.

Edit: for those of you who don't know me, shaney, umk killer are related and we are thinking bout coming to next tournament.

DC HUSTLE 106 said:
jjepperson said:
To be honest this statement is very true and shaney is very underrated and what people don't know shaney is better than me by a little he got me on a few things.

And shaney i think you know this but we don't compare ourselves to each other but im telling you this today that you are better because i really see that people just don't know how good you really are. Shaney is the closest thing to CD. I am not saying these because we are cousins but because it's the truth.

Edit: for those of you who don't know me, shaney, umk killer are related and we are thinking bout coming to next tournament.
Awesome, there is going to be one in October at 8 on the Break in NJ, it will be on a cabinet. There will SF2 and other tournies as well if I'm not mistaken. Bring your A game ;) .

Tim Static

Adminerator
Frankiebonez said:
Tim Static said:
Shock and I have had our fair share of cabinet nudging. I try and grab player 2 side cause I pivot to the right, leaving the first player room when I play. But yea, 2 big dudes on a cabinet = no fuckin room... unless you got a cabinet like mine with a foot of space between the sticks :)

Hey Shock & Frankie....what are your measurements?

I'm 6'2 285....I'm a big boy too. ;)

I work at a huge 64 lane Bowling Alley.

My dream is to host a worldwide UMK3 tourney there someday. I have a cab, and if we got at least 10 or so, it could be a possiblity.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Haha...I love your cab. Mine is small compared to yours.

I bet we'd still be nudging each other oon your cab. I'm a fat ass ;)

lol

BTW...I got those replacement buttons a couple days ago and I am having them replaced early next week. Cannot wait.

I've had my cab for about a month now, and I havent been able to play it because the HP on the 1st player doesnt work and both sticks are so wacked out, you tap forward and your fighter jumps straight up :roll:

Damn I wish we lived closer Frank.

Tim Static

Adminerator
l SuGaR l said:
I'd love to play on Frank's cabinet. I'm also a pretty big guy 6'2 225 or so.
Damn Sugar....I didnt realize your a Fat Daddy too :D

What was that old Big Pun song...Still not a player....I just crush alot?

Tim Static said:
Haha...I love your cab. Mine is small compared to yours.

I bet we'd still be nudging each other oon your cab. I'm a fat ass ;)

lol

BTW...I got those replacement buttons a couple days ago and I am having them replaced early next week. Cannot wait.

I've had my cab for about a month now, and I havent been able to play it because the HP on the 1st player doesnt work and both sticks are so wacked out, you tap forward and your fighter jumps straight up :roll:

Damn I wish we lived closer Frank.
you cant change the buttons yourself? its super easy man. I did all mine on my cabinet. I dunno what yours is setup like though, but mine was simple as hell.

Derek

Noob
Tim Static said:
l SuGaR l said:
I'd love to play on Frank's cabinet. I'm also a pretty big guy 6'2 225 or so.
Damn Sugar....I didnt realize your a Fat Daddy too :D

What was that old Big Pun song...Still not a player....I just crush alot?
I'm not that fat. You'll see a picture of my tomorrow probably.

If there's money involved I'll drive anywhere. Especially if I can play on the 360, haven't played on a cabinet in at least 4 years.

Seriously, $100 per person in the pot, on a 360, I'm there.

And if there's no money involved I'll go pick up jokalk because I KNOW U NEED UR COCK