What's new

Who's your most difficult opponent on Xbox Live.

Who's your most difficult opponent on Xbox Live?

• I Sugar I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DC HUSTLE 106

• Annihilator83

• abc ur dead0

• Genital Tumor A.K.A Necropedephile

• ShaneyMcGrady

• Total voters

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I could name a lot of players who can beat 99% of players on XBL. 99.9% however, not that many.

S H I N N O K is pretty decent, too. He might've been a good option.

And, as said before, it's very rock-paper-scissors, so it's a subjective poll.

mistaKM said:
GameOver said:
If you think about it this whole topic is really subjective. It's who do you have the most difficult with...therefore it's not "who is the best" or "who deserves to be up there" it's who you personally have difficulty playing. It doesn't matter the skill level or the ammount of talented player you have played it's basically just who has a style that constantly kicks your ass. They might see things much differently than you and it really doesn't make them wrong considering the topic.

I might play better against player A who is considered to be better than player B, but player B might bust my ass because his particular style matches up well against mine.[/u]
It IS who deserves to be up there because its a poll, and the answers are limited. It shouldn't be a poll unless we have 50 people on there, the plain and simple truth is that a couple of the guys up there NO ONE is going to have more trouble with them than for instance shock. It's subjective, you're right, but when he limited the options this is what happens.
Good point about the poll...thats very true.

GameOver said:
I might play better against player A who is considered to be better than player B, but player B might bust my ass because his particular style matches up well against mine.
Kinda like Me and JJ Epperson. No doubt he's more skilled at Juggles.. But I usually beat him when I play him.

The only true opponents I have on XBL are my own stupidity and lag.

But if I had to mention a person, I would not mention anyone. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, their own style of play, etc. I do not see one as higher than the other (as of now).

Shock said:
I could name a lot of players who can beat 99% of players on XBL. 99.9% however, not that many.

i hope your including yourself in the 99.9%. I guess you can name a lot because of what they have done to you.

Just because they probably own you doesn't mean they will do us like that.

Tim Static

Adminerator
DatBoyMook said:
Trenia said:
DatBoyMook said:
I don't know what Jolkalk you played but the one I saw play owned just about everyone who joined that versus challenger match that I happened to be in. When I played him, he didn't lag, just owned.
It's so funny how people throw the word "lag" around but yet the refuse to boost their own internet connections. :roll:
You did the same thing a while ago when we were playing Mook. Now you won't even play me anymore, b/c you can't find an excuse.
Dude, you live in New Orleans. Not to be funny or anything, but do you guys even have good internet connections out there after Katrina? :shock:
That is the stupidest and most ignorant thing I've heard in a while. But coming from you makes it not so suprising.

EVERYONE owns your ass on this game. But you always have a clever excuse for you losing.

Like I've said before, your as close to an automatic win as there gets.

i have no lag with the mexicans man and i see S H I N N O K like a pro, like genital tumour and pajaromayor. He is in my list of players that can beat me more times than 50% in my real gameplay (only that mexicans have beat me that times b/c i dont remember playing with the other people on that list excluding ABC, l suger l , and sanneymc.... but the last one was a long time ago)

also DANY 1 its like a pro to me, i remember only lose with him but i am talking about the real dany man because his brother play on that gamertag and he its not too good like the real dany

Tim Static said:
l SuGaR l said:
TheGreg said:
S H I N N O K is pretty decent, too.
No.
You mean L A G G E R???
I've never really had much of a lag problem with him or most anyone else. Occasionally there'll be some random person that I don't have a good connection to, but that's it.

So when I get my ass handed to me it's because I suck balls.

Shaney

Noob
l SuGaR l said:
mistaKM said:
That list sucks, no offence to sugar or ABC but neither of you belong on it. You both homies and all, but if you're on it so should roughly 20 other people. You musta just killed datnoobmook which I applaude.
Nope, I don't belong on that list. ABC, Konqrr and myself are all about the same I might be a little better, but not much. There are only four people that need to be on that list Shock, DC, Dominican and UMK Killer I exclude Jokalk and Pajaromayor because of lag.
You can't exclude pajaro, he's very good. Yes, there's maybe some lag or delay with him when you play, but I can still tell how good he is. He's not one of those noobs you run into on XBL that just suck and get some lucky wins off lag or delay, pajaro has his game down.

People should know by now that delay is all over XBL. It's something you have to get used to or if it bothers you that much, don't play. It's just funny that you exclude someone as good as pajaro because of lag or delay, when i see a few of those names on that poll that i get delay with all the time but still manage to play with them and get good matches from them, including pajaro.

There are only a few people that I always have good matches with on xbl, those are: ShaneyMcGrady, MOE, DC, Pajaro, and Annihilator.

When I play average players, I don't really play my hardest because I don't have to. When I play players like MOE and Shaney I have to try to beat them. Anyone that knows me, knows that this is true. I let a lot of people win every now and then but I really dont have to. I come on this site now and I see these people I let win a few times talking shit saying im not that good but this is gonna stop. No mercy for everybody and i'm gonna show you how good i'am, the only thing I need is no delay. Most of the time, the few matches I lose to average players are because of delay or when I let them. I don't ever complain about delay online but sometimes with people like Jokalk it's too much delay to handle.

Real T

Noob
Crazy Dominican said:
There are only a few people that I always have good matches with on xbl, those are: ShaneyMcGrady, MOE, DC, Pajaro, and Annihilator.

When I play average players, I don't really play my hardest because I don't have to. When I play players like MOE and Shaney I have to try to beat them. Anyone that knows me, knows that this is true. I let a lot of people win every now and then but I really dont have to. I come on this site now and I see these people I let win a few times talking shit saying im not that good but this is gonna stop. No mercy for everybody and i'm gonna show you how good i'am, the only thing I need is no delay. Most of the time, the few matches I lose to average players are because of delay or when I let them. I don't ever complain about delay online but sometimes with people like Jokalk it's too much delay to handle.
Whats up crazy. REAL T420 here. We play alot I guess, not a WHOLE lot (not lately). U are the man, and I give u the upmost props and respect. U are WAY better then me and own me everytime I play u. Sometimes i dont even get 1 win against your like 20, sometimes not even a round... but sometimes I DO get a win here and there. Ive beaten u a couple of matches before, and u did NOT "let" me win... LOL U are one of the best players I have ever known tho... ggs

I just wanted to say something after I saw your post here because I voted for DC and said I have beaten u before, and that I have more trouble with DC. I am not talking shit about u. Its just that DC's aggressive rush-down style gives me more trouble. Thats just for me personally. Overall however, u probably are the better player. U me and DC have been in the same room before and u owned BOTH of us... Just DC is MY hardest opponent... plus I play DC ALOT more than I play u, so its serious grudge matches with him lol.

Anyway, invite me whenever u see me on, whenever u wanna play me. My goal for u and DC is 1 in 10. Then eventually 1 in 5. then 1 in 3, then 1 and 1 back and forth. In the end, I will win more. lol

Crazy Dominican said:

From now on me and you are gonna play on kaillera since there's no delay for us.

Trenia

Noob
I voted for Crazy, b/c he always smokes me. I might have voted for Shock, but I never see him. I played him twice he beat me both, but I can't who is better from those two games.

PajaroMayor is very sick! Domicican is overall better, but I rarley can beat Pajaro. I don't think ive played Dominicans True form but Ive played Pajaro at his best. Pajaro has the best Kung on XBl, and he's sick with the infs.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
DC HUSTLE 106 said:
Shock said:

i hope your including yourself in the 99.9%. I guess you can name a lot because of what they have done to you.

Just because they probably own you doesn't mean they will do us like that.
What I mean is there's probably 100 players who could always beat 99% even though 100 players is 99.9 percentile, in the top 100 players there's only a handful who can consistently beat everyone under them which separates them from the top 1% into below.

Lex, Moe, Thrower, CD, DC, Shaney, JJ, Broken, Pajaro, I guess UMK Killer since everyone speaks highly of him, although I played him maybe 3 total matches and was lagged and had to leave, and myself off the top of my head can beat basically anyone under that level without much effort. Lately I've been playing people more to teach them then to beat them. The community is big enough now that it isn't at the top of my list to be on top anymore but I did try hard to rank up UltimateMKoCOM to top 5 for the sake of advertising the site to random players. I'm glad there are so many guys who are striving for excellence. Sorry if I forgot anyone on that lists, there are a few others.

There are also a number of other players who are very good with a couple characters, probably to the point where they could beat virtually anyone with maybe 1 or 2 characters but I can't include them on that list. Consistency with multiple characters, beating high tier character with lower ones vs players with roughly the same skill etc is all a major component. If someone is randoming vs you, and you are picking all your best and still having trouble, or losing, they are most likely better than you.

So anyway, what I really have always wanted is to get people out to tournaments. Playing online is cool, and it brings up a lot of this kind of discussion, "Who's the best?" etc, but online there is a lot of room for error, which is why some of the VERY best don't play and I completely and totally understand that. I think there are enough good quality players out there whom I get a solid connection to and have fun and still be able to compete. If it's too delayed, laggy or there is frame skip (which results in input/packet loss) and you're playing someone who is as good or even nearly as good who has no handicaps, it's not fun. I can tolerate handicaps vs at least 99% of players.

In situations where lag was related to multiple players in the room, I have had players say to me "I liked it better when you had lag" because I got to play them 1 on 1 and they couldn't beat me. I also use to use the keyboard online from time to time before my XFPS crapped out and had players ask me not to use it. It's like saying "I liked it better when you used the 50% life code." All of these variables that dance around even XBL, being everyone uses one console and CPU for instance, there are still things that prevent a complete perspective.

Going back to when the game was first out, both players using the exact same control type (for example on an arcade machine) was the only way to show who's had it. Even in THIS situation you will experience issues like one stick is loose, the other isn't, things like that. I am even affected by how I'm standing when I play. If I'm next to someone who's hogging machine space I will nudge them over until I'm in a comfortable position.

On a side note, I wonder how many people who voted have actually played everyone on the list, let alone more than once.