What's new

Who is the most overrated character in the game?

Who is the most overrated character in the game?

• Aquaman

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Batman

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Black Adam

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • Deathstroke

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Green Lantern

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Killer Frost

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Nightwing

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Other (identify in thread)

Votes: 32 12.7%

• Total voters

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Deathstroke really is overrated. His nerfs were pretty big.
Even though he still got good placements in tournies and the DS community got deservedly put on blast, it doesn't mean he is actually a good character in the end.

I think people still play the MU al la pre-patch. IE respect low gunshot when they can now punish it... let the dust settle in. Deathstoke is good but certainly no Black Adam

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Even though he still got good placements in tournies and the DS community got deservedly put on blast, it doesn't mean he is actually a good character in the end.

I think people still play the MU al la pre-patch. IE respect low gunshot when they can now punish it... let the dust settle in. Deathstoke is good but certainly no Black Adam
If we get blown up for saying our character is bad then how is our character not good :confused:

You're right about the second part. People still just dash or do nothing about blocked low guns and it's silly.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
If we get blown up for saying our character is bad then how is our character not good :confused:

You're right about the second part. People still just dash or do nothing about blocked low guns and it's silly.
Becasue people were saying he was toooo bad. That Kano 2.0 nonsense was clear downplaying / salt from the nerf. However, to think that DS is still a top 5 or even top 10 character, which people think because of Slips, Aris performance, is probably delusional. The player won those I am pretty sure. DS top 10-15 I think

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag

Who is Blackadam though? It's just funny to watch the overreacting though, saying he went from top tier to F- because of a nerf, yeah the nerf was signifigant but it's not like they took the guns away. They just made them a lot less safe.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Who is Blackadam though? It's just funny to watch the overreacting though, saying he went from top tier to F- because of a nerf, yeah the nerf was signifigant but it's not like they took the guns away. They just made them a lot less safe.
Actually they nerfed everything on guns lol: Meter building, chip, recovery on all guns

Reactions: RYX

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Yeah the F- Kano 2.0 downplayers was deservedly put on blast. He dropped from S-Tier to A/A-. Still great. Just that in this game there are a lot of charecters in A+/S Tier...at least 10 characters

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
However, to think that DS is still a top 5 or even top 10 character, which people think because of Slips, Aris performance, is probably delusional. The player won those I am pretty sure. DS top 10-15 I think
That's perfectly fine. I PRAY that Injustice remains a game where the vast majority of the cast is competitive if the player is good. That's how a balanced game SHOULD be. I don't WANT this game to be MK9 where if you're not playing one of the absolute top tiers, you pretty much have zero shot at winning.

Mid-tier is not a dirty word. And fuck tiers this early, too. This community is beyond tier-list obsessed.

DuskAlloy

That's perfectly fine. I PRAY that Injustice remains a game where the vast majority of the cast is competitive if the player is good. That's how a balanced game SHOULD be. I don't WANT this game to be MK9 where if you're not playing one of the absolute top tiers, you pretty much have zero shot at winning.

Mid-tier is not a dirty word. And fuck tiers this early, too. This community is beyond tier-list obsessed.
In most games I thought mid tier could be enough to compete, now mind you there will be some games where that isnt possible (mvc2), but I will admit that I am worried on how the balance of this game will be in maybe a year or so

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
In most games I thought mid tier could be enough to compete, now mind you there will be some games where that isnt possible (mvc2), but I will admit that I am worried on how the balance of this game will be in maybe a year or so
Agreed! MvC2 and MK9 immediately come to mind. But then you look at a game like SF4 where the vast majority of the cast is competitively viable, and its like... well, why not work towards that? Even characters like Guy have recently proven that they're for real. Floe has been playing him for a long time, but Marq Teddy and other players in Japan have really stepped him up in the last month or three.

Based on how MK9 turned out, yes, I'm admittedly also worried about how the balance of this game will look down the line.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Agreed! MvC2 and MK9 immediately come to mind. But then you look at a game like SF4 where the vast majority of the cast is competitively viable, and its like... well, why not work towards that? Even characters like Guy have recently proven that they're for real. Floe has been playing him for a long time, but Marq Teddy and other players in Japan have really stepped him up in the last month or three.

Based on how MK9 turned out, yes, I'm admittedly also worried about how the balance of this game will look down the line.
It's probably a lot harder to balance a tag-based fighter than a one on one fighter.

As for MK9, it's also different since they make their games entirely different. They're learning though(hopefully quickly) so I don't think seeing a viable roster is out of the question one day.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
There's alot of DS downplay from the DS mains but on the other hands there's alot of Up play from the scrubs who face him, he does pose a threat to some characters but c,mon... he's only mid tier...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
There's alot of DS downplay from the DS mains but on the other hands there's alot of Up play from the scrubs who face him, he does pose a threat to some characters but c,mon... he's only mid tier...
Nobody's downplaying him other than Dave at this point. Can we please stop?

He's high mid.

DuskAlloy

It's probably a lot harder to balance a tag-based fighter than a one on one fighter.

As for MK9, it's also different since they make their games entirely different. They're learning though(hopefully quickly) so I don't think seeing a viable roster is out of the question one day.
Well MK9 turned to shit due to unnecessary patches, and it seems that nrs are going to do the same thing in this game

DuskAlloy

That's not a fair assumption at all considering they've only had one real patch.
Im also combining that with NRS past track record, but if they decided to change then thank god, but right now I think im going to stay skeptical

Amadeous

Noob
I voted other because of Superman.

I hear people saying Superman is the best character of any game.
I highly doubt that, he doesn't scare me that much.

batman is the most overrated character in the damn game hes so easy to use and his jump 2 is cleary the best in the game. so you just have a bunch of scrubs that jump around all game and it gets annoying to deal ontop of thr huge variety of tools he has to help scrubs out even more. tournament wise its still batman and add on black adam thats all you ever see lol

RYX

BIG PUSHER
batman is the most overrated character in the damn game hes so easy to use and his jump 2 is cleary the best in the game. so you just have a bunch of scrubs that jump around all game and it gets annoying to deal ontop of thr huge variety of tools he has to help scrubs out even more. tournament wise its still batman and add on black adam thats all you ever see lol
i don't understand how ANY of this makes him overrated.

NFI

Kitty Got Wet

I agree. Too many balance patches can really hurt a game. Look at Mortal Kombat, so many patches that it just came down to just a few characters. Street Fighter IV is another example. The game was balanced but ever since Yun and Yang came in, the game became unbalanced. Now it mainly comes down to Cammy and Fei Long ever since the most recent update. And PSN Allstars is another example. I mean that game was unpopular to begin with but it still had too many balance patches and it lost lots of support.

What I am trying to say is one balance patch is fine but if you keep trying to balance a game with patches over and over again. And I mean MANY patches, it is a bad sign. And it is just hurting the game some more.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I agree. Too many balance patches can really hurt a game. Look at Mortal Kombat, so many patches that it just came down to just a few characters. Street Fighter IV is another example. The game was balanced but ever since Yun and Yang came in, the game became unbalanced. Now it mainly comes down to Cammy and Fei Long ever since the most recent update. And PSN Allstars is another example. I mean that game was unpopular to begin with but it still had too many balance patches and it lost lots of support.

What I am trying to say is one balance patch is fine but if you keep trying to balance a game with patches over and over again. And I mean MANY patches, it is a bad sign. And it is just hurting the game some more.
I don't think it was the patches themselves.

It was the fact they were patching the wrong things and having knee-jerk reactions and never learning their lessons. That's the real shame with the game.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Nobody's downplaying him other than Dave at this point. Can we please stop?

He's high mid.
Deathstroke vs.

Batgirl 4:6
Batman 4:6
Black Adam 4:6
Killer Frost 3:7
Nightwing 4:6
Superman 4:6

He loses to every single top tier character. He is not high mid tier. He is either mid-mid or low-mid tier.