What's new

Who is the most overrated character in the game?

Who is the most overrated character in the game?

• Aquaman

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Batman

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Black Adam

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • Deathstroke

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Green Lantern

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Killer Frost

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Nightwing

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Other (identify in thread)

Votes: 32 12.7%

• Total voters

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Smarrgasm RYX

You can only punish -7 moves with 6f and not 7f moves because in the frame data it is "Startup" and not "Impact" or "Execution".

Impact = Startup + 1

All MK9 frame data done by Somberness was listed as Impact, not Startup, for simplicity. For example, KL's spin is 5 frame startup, 6 frame impact.

Doesn't have anything to do with unblocking and there was no added frames for leaving block in MK9 for that matter, as long as you let go of the button at the proper time.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Smarrgasm RYX

You can only punish -7 moves with 6f and not 7f moves because in the frame data it is "Startup" and not "Impact" or "Execution".

Impact = Startup + 1

All MK9 frame data done by Somberness was listed as Impact, not Startup, for simplicity. For example, KL's spin is 5 frame startup, 6 frame impact.

Doesn't have anything to do with unblocking and there was no added frames for leaving block in MK9 for that matter, as long as you let go of the button at the proper time.
Ahh okay thanks for the better explanation. I knew there was something like that. So -7 would only be punished by just framing 6 frame moves. I dont see how that would destroy her at all. -6 would be perfect IMO.

Ahh okay thanks for the better explanation. I knew there was something like that. So -7 would only be punished by just framing 6 frame moves. I dont see how that would destroy her at all. -6 would be perfect IMO.
It is odd to see a Black Adam player leading the charge on a KF nerf when both Chaotik and 16 bit think BA is one of KF's bad MUs. If anyone is in need of a nerf it is Black "Leave a Trail of Corpses on the Way to Winning Multiple Tournaments and Always Making Top 8" Adam.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
It is odd to see a Black Adam player leading the charge on a KF nerf when both Chaotik and 16 bit think BA is one of KF's bad MUs. If anyone is in need of a nerf it is Black "Leave a Trail of Corpses on the Way to Winning Multiple Tournaments and Always Making Top 8" Adam.
Im in no way "leading the charge" against killer frost. Ive never said she absolutely needs nerfs or anything like that. However, looking at her options subjectively she gets more from you blocking her slide than you do. At -6 you actually have a chance to get out or fight back. Thats all im saying. Black adam definitely goes even or beats KF and i have no problem admitting that as you can see in my MU chart and the following discussion. Black adam has won no majors and has placed top 8 at 2 majors. He is a strong character but i dont see any reason to nerf anything unless you maybe wanna add a little cooldown to his trait or some recovery on divekick. Other than that he doesnt have stuff that just makes you drop your controller cause there is nothing you can do. KF literally can stop EVERY option you try after blocking a slide unless you have a fast low which most characters do not.

Im in no way "leading the charge" against killer frost. Ive never said she absolutely needs nerfs or anything like that. However, looking at her options subjectively she gets more from you blocking her slide than you do. At -6 you actually have a chance to get out or fight back. Thats all im saying. Black adam definitely goes even or beats KF and i have no problem admitting that as you can see in my MU chart and the following discussion. Black adam has won no majors and has placed top 8 at 2 majors. He is a strong character but i dont see any reason to nerf anything unless you maybe wanna add a little cooldown to his trait or some recovery on divekick. Other than that he doesnt have stuff that just makes you drop your controller cause there is nothing you can do. KF literally can stop EVERY option you try after blocking a slide unless you have a fast low which most characters do not.
Taking a look at recent history: Two Black Adams made top 8 at UFGT9. Godspeed and ForeverKing tied for 5th. No KF in top 8. At SoCal Wednesday Night Fights, Godspeed took 4th again with Black Adam. He is listed as also playing KF. He lost a fight in the top 8 w/ KF and switched to BA immediately for the rest of the tourney. YOU won Battle n Brew with Black Adam (Congrats!). No KF in top 8. Moving over to GreekDojo, that was won by... Black Adam (Quark 28). Again, no KF in top 8. Rounding things out with Battle Circuit 21, which was won by: Black Adam (Rico Suave). No KF in top 8.

There is a slight disparity here.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Taking a look at recent history: Two Black Adams made top 8 at UFGT9. Godspeed and ForeverKing tied for 5th. No KF in top 8. At SoCal Wednesday Night Fights, Godspeed took 4th again with Black Adam. He is listed as also playing KF. He lost a fight in the top 8 w/ KF and switched to BA immediately for the rest of the tourney. YOU won Battle n Brew with Black Adam (Congrats!). No KF in top 8. Moving over to GreekDojo, that was won by... Black Adam (Quark 28). Again, no KF in top 8. Rounding things out with Battle Circuit 21, which was won by: Black Adam (Rico Suave). No KF in top 8.

There is a slight disparity here.
Thats because there are massively more Black Adam players than KF players. The only KF players at UFGT were bit and Ribbz. At UFGT repping Black Adam you had Me, Han, Godspeed, Gruntypants, Master D, Awesomo and probly more i cant remember. Forever King barely used Black Adam at all. There were 0 KF players at BNB. WNF has none that i remember and Godspeed had been playing her for 1 day and made top 8 almost using her alone. Idk if there was a KF at the greek tourney either Qwark28. Next level i think only had Flux playing frost and if i remember correctly he got top 8 or maybe even better than that.

At ECT Khaotik got 9th losing to Rico who is an amazing Black Adam player. At UFGT Bit only lost to his own training partners and Dizzy admits abusing the fucked up stage rule to beat Bit for top 8.

I dont care to argue about Black Adam. I admit hes insanely good. What i want to argue is why cant slide be -6? Sorry that it would take away the fucked up option that they can parry the fastest attacks in the game for full combo into a 50/50 safe vortex. Dont give me that shit. At -6 she can at least get checked by d1's and then spaced out. Thats all i ask, to have options instead of having to guess again when most of the guesses are out of my favor again. Thats dumb.

I'm going to assume that the top players are competitive and want to win. Thus, the fact that not many people are maining her says something.

I recall Flux. Flux is another one who switched. His KF got bodied by a Harley Quinn, so he switched to Black Adam for the rest of the tournament. Hard to consider that a top 8 finish for KF. Harley Quinn hasn't had any top 8 finishes either, maybe we should nerf her too.

if you decide to nerf harley, all of us harley players will find where you live and stab you and your dog

i would say children but most of us here probably don't have any so your dog goes first!

but seriously, harley is probably the worst in the game...no nerfs for her

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
if you decide to nerf harley, all of us harley players will find where you live and stab you and your dog

i would say children but most of us here probably don't have any so your dog goes first!

Lmao OMG why the dog tho?

Lol, it is hard to find another character with equally unimpressive tournament results to KF. Most of the rest of the cast has fared much better. Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Black "I'm Probably Going to Win the Next Tournament Too" Adam, Sinestro, Doomsday, Deathstroke, Joker, Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Solomon Grundy, Green Lantern, Nightwing, Ares, the list goes on of characters that have had better results.... I have to go to Lobo, Harley, and such to find someone with equal results. Right now KF is tied with Scorpion for the number of Injustice top 8s and he's not out yet.

i need to take something you love, so the dog goes first

and her being the worst makes her overrated cause people think she's slept on when in reality...she just sucks

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
i need to take something you love, so the dog goes first

and her being the worst makes her overrated cause people think she's slept on when in reality...she just sucks
I guess. She doesn't get as much attention at being bad... Bane and Lobo get all of the hate.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
LOL people saaying BA is overrated? How many setups does this kid have? And a fullscreen divekick?

Flux

Fair is overrated
I recall Flux. Flux is another one who switched. His KF got bodied by a Harley Quinn, so he switched to Black Adam for the rest of the tournament. Hard to consider that a top 8 finish for KF. Harley Quinn hasn't had any top 8 finishes either, maybe we should nerf her too.
you are literally talking out of your ass right now lol. I've never played Black Adam in my life, and I haven't played a non-KF character since the first week the game came out. For the record, I finished 5th twice, 4th twice and 7th once the last 5 weeks at NLBC.