What's new

Who is the most overrated character in the game?

Who is the most overrated character in the game?

• Aquaman

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Batman

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Black Adam

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • Deathstroke

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • Green Lantern

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Killer Frost

Votes: 56 22.3%
  • Nightwing

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Other (identify in thread)

Votes: 32 12.7%

• Total voters

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
The Flash is so fast that he has been god tier, and nerf even before the game came out.
I wish that was a tradition for NRS dc games, for the flash to always be top tier, but I guess it wasnt meant to be

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I voted for Aquaman, he's my third best character right now. Maybe im a bit biased but he's not the super great character everyone believes he is, yeah he can mix you up and has a great footsie game but he's too unsafe. Against someone who knows the MU and knows how to block it's free.

As far as the doomie discussion, i don't believe he's overrated but this is a character that is going to get worse as time passes and people understand how he works. I expect him to drop a tier in the next months.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
I voted for Aquaman, he's my third best character right now. Maybe im a bit biased but he's not the super great character everyone believes he is, yeah he can mix you up and has a great footsie game but he's too unsafe. Against someone who knows the MU and knows how to block it's free.

As far as the doomie discussion, i don't believe he's overrated but this is a character that is going to get worse as time passes and people understand how he works. I expect him to drop a tier in the next months.
I think your downplaying Aquaman a bit... I have great blocking abilities but aquaman is still fucking scary, but I get what you mean, he isnt unbeatable and I dont even consider him the best in the game, I would put superman or batman instead

Killer Frost is talked about S-tier and in need of a nerf on the Slide. Yet, look at the results. ECTV, UFGT9, Battle n Brew, Wednesday Night Fights, Battle Circuit, GreekDojo... she didn't win any of those. In fact, she didn't make top 8 at ANY of them. She is listed as one of the characters a top 8 player played in one of them. In fact, KF got hosed in the first fight, so he switched to Black Adam for the rest of the fight. She is like Skarlet in MK9: everyone says she is so great, but we don't really see anyone closing the deal with her. Maybe at CEO or EVO it will be a different story, I hope so, but as it stands, we have a S-tier rated character that people think should be nerfed that hasn't really even made top 8 in any tournament. The others on the list: Batman, Aquaman, Black Adam, and Deathstroke, have all won, Green Lantern has at least made top 4 a couple of times.

You show me another S-tier character that people think should be nerfed that hasn't even placed in top 8 at any tournament thus far, nevermind actually winning one, and I will agree that that is a more overrated character.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Killer Frost is talked about S-tier and in need of a nerf on the Slide. Yet, look at the results. ECTV, UFGT9, Battle n Brew, Wednesday Night Fights, Battle Circuit, GreekDojo... she didn't win any of those. In fact, she didn't make top 8 at ANY of them. She is listed as one of the characters a top 8 player played in one of them. In fact, KF got hosed in the first fight, so he switched to Black Adam for the rest of the fight. She is like Skarlet in MK9: everyone says she is so great, but we don't really see anyone closing the deal with her. Maybe at CEO or EVO it will be a different story, I hope so, but as it stands, we have a S-tier rated character that people think should be nerfed that hasn't really even made top 8 in any tournament. The others on the list: Batman, Aquaman, Black Adam, and Deathstroke, have all won, Green Lantern has at least made top 4 a couple of times.

You show me another S-tier character that people think should be nerfed that hasn't even placed in top 8 at any tournament thus far, nevermind actually winning one, and I will agree that that is a more overrated character.
Cyrax didnt win a major for over 2 years. Sonya still hasnt. #Lawyered

Reactions: RYX

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
After witnessing GGA 16 Bit rep Frost...yea, that bitch is not overrated at all.

Hell, after it happened everyone tried to mimic him online with her. I play a character that can do shit against her, but still god help the majority of the cast.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
They've made top 8 plenty though. Again, it isn't just about winning, I'm talking about top 8. That's a lot of Injustice tourneys so far for no top 8.
Okay but for the tournaments you listed how many frosts were there? How many of them use this as their main game? 16 bit and maybe Khaotik are the only ones i can think of. Khaotik lost to amazing black adam players not to make top 8 and 16 bit lost to his own training partners. Theres simply not enough tournaments and not enough people repping her at a high level to say shes overrated. Just looking at her and seeing what 16 bit did to EVERYONE but his own training partners makes me believe that shes super ridiculous.

Side note- Dizzy admits that he had to use a 50/50 rule that shouldnt have been there to get an overpowered in his advantage stage just to beat bit. Thats huge.

Reactions: RYX
After witnessing GGA 16 Bit rep Frost...yea, that bitch is not overrated at all.
16 bit is awesome, the best KF I've seen so far. I'm not dogging him at all. Still no top 8 for him/her.

At this point, talks of nerfing her are based solely on what she can do in theory, not in practice. Again, Batman, Aquaman, Deathstroke, and most especially Black Adam have had FAR more impressive showings at tournaments thus far. They've all actually won tournaments. They've all made top 8s several times too.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
16 bit is awesome, the best KF I've seen so far. I'm not dogging him at all. Still no top 8 for him/her.

At this point, talks of nerfing her are based solely on what she can do in theory, not in practice. Again, Batman, Aquaman, Deathstroke, and most especially Black Adam have had FAR more impressive showings at tournaments thus far. They've all actually won tournaments. They've all made top 8s several times too.

The one problem with Killer Frost and this is the reason why I think she will have to be looked at...is after a Slide she has more options than the person whom blocked the slide.

When she slides and you block it, you still have to guess whether or not she is going to parry (1f startup) or d1 slide again/jump.

That's fucked. If I block that slide of death I should be guaranteed at least some poke pressure lol

The one problem with Killer Frost and this is the reason why I think she will have to be looked at...is after a Slide she has more options than the person whom blocked the slide.

When she slides and you block it, you still have to guess whether or not she is going to parry (1f startup) or d1 slide again/jump.

That's fucked. If I block that slide of death I should be guaranteed at least some poke pressure lol
At the same time, she is a non-bombing gadget character. Thus, she is susceptible to bad stages, as we've seen, and maybe that is exactly why she doesn't make top 8. She should have something to compensate. I don't know, I guess everyone can have their opinion. I just find it weird that people would say, "Hey here's a character that hasn't made top 8 in any tournament. Let's nerf her into uselessness!"

RYX

BIG PUSHER
At the same time, she is a non-bombing gadget character. Thus, she is susceptible to bad stages, as we've seen, and maybe that is exactly why she doesn't make top 8. She should have something to compensate. I don't know, I guess everyone can have their opinion. I just find it weird that people would say, "Hey here's a character that hasn't made top 8 in any tournament. Let's nerf her into uselessness!"
This game came out in April.

Calm down.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

I don't think they should touch the slide. I am cool with the slide. What they should change is the parry. Make it 2-4f startup. Then she can't just tack it on the end of slide and get a free out against characters who want to stop her.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage

Not true, that's a misconception made up by people.

You can't parry any D1s from the whole cast after a blocked D1 because parry is 4 frame startup and slide is -4 and D1s are from 6-7frames.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

You can't parry any D1s from the whole cast after a blocked D1 because parry is 4 frame startup and slide is -4 and D1s are from 6-7frames. People just suck at timing it correctly because like everything else so far in this game, people just lack the matchup experience.

So you could start your mixups/pressure of D1xxSpecialMove or something or you could just grab. Only way she could parry is if you really mistime your D1 or go for something slow. It's -4, people need to stop being terrified by it.
Pretty sure parry is one, isn't it?

I don't think Bane can do much about it either depending how fast her d.1 is.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

You can't parry any D1s from the whole cast after a blocked D1 because parry is 4 frame startup and slide is -4 and D1s are from 6-7frames. People just suck at timing it correctly because like everything else so far in this game, people just lack the matchup experience.

So you could start your mixups/pressure of D1xxSpecialMove or something or you could just grab. Only way she could parry is if you really mistime your D1 or go for something slow. It's -4, people need to stop being terrified by it.

I am almost 100% sure that the parry is a 1f startup.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

Parry is one frame

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Would Killer Frost Players be pissy if the parry was like 3f startup?

I think it's honestly a better option than nerfing the slide.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Making slide -6/7 i think would be the best thing. I dont see what the problem would be there. Parry needs to be 1 cause you can use it to interrupt really tight gaps.