What's new

Who has the strongest 50/50 in this game?

Whose guessing game scares you the most?

• Total voters
The nuance of the way I wrote it should have told you everything you needed to know. One tenth of one tenth of a percent; If I wanted it to appear to be scientific, I just would have written a number. I chose the illustration over direct clarity. Next time, you'll be able to see it.

There is no accurate statistic for who can do the Quan vortex available.

There are not a lot of people that can do it though.
First of all execution should not be a balancing mechanic, second of all its not that fucking hard, at all, esp. in regards to other characters execution. It's really easy if practiced. Fighting games aren't meant to be "if you master this secret code which is difficult to do ( even though in this case it's not) you deserve to win." it's supposed to be about outwitting and outspacing and outplaying.

Honestly your mindset is cancer bro

Cassie, having an overhead + low and another one as low + overhead strings that make hard to figure out all the time which of them she gonna use it
technically the second hits don't matter once you guess she can't do anything else but that. So at a high level its not as devastating considering her damage and ability to be safe. Also imo her f3 and f1 don't transition from oh to low as quickly as sonya's oh low to the point where they spam down and you can get screwed over.

Hey, that's how he was in MK9... I played Quan Chi during MK9. That was horrible...incredibly linear and frankly bad mixups. The low followed by the mid doesn't work on good players...especially when they know his overhead option could not be hit confirmed into trance (yeah...they fucked Crunchy in MK9.) He had the rune trap but that was about it. Once he was knocked down...and pressured...it was over. Incredibly frustrating character to play. Comebacks with Quan were brutally difficult against most of the cast. You had to spend your meter to break because damn...getting knocked down KILLED HIM as he literally had no wakeup option that was remotely halfway decent.

Honestly, I felt Scorpion was the better of the two. Scorpion had to commit as well but at least it paid off incredibly well if you guessed right. My thoughts on Crunchy being top tier now? #HEFUCKINGNEEDSITANDDESERVESIT! #WOOLAYBITCHES :coffee:

quan's mk9 design was awful imo, save up meter, do 50% unblockable. shit was trash

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
D'Vorah with safe 30% meterless types of 50/50's that are as deadly Midscreen as they are in the corner, Raiden with 50/50's that carry you all the way to the wall with one wrong guess and finish you with a second one, and Erron who has 50/50's that even if he's wrong he uses a +7 ball to get a second chance making it a 25/25/25/25 while also having guessing games on the 211 block string ring the loudest bells to me.

EDIT that typo lol.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
quan's mk9 design was awful imo, save up meter, do 50% unblockable. shit was trash
Yeah...that was literally all he fucking had that was viable in high level play. That was it. "Welp, I'm playing a GOOD player and a BETTER character. Guess I'm never using breaker...oh fuck, I got knocked down. Ided."

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
MKX feels 50/50 heavy to me. I can't remember any character in the previous MK that makes you guess as much as some characters in this game. Almost all of them have an overhead and a low starter, some are better than others at this department, but overall, I think it's cool in a way because coupled with the variation system, it makes the game feel a bit more "balanced", so to speak. Some characters are all about guessing, like CO Sonya. She can just run at you and forces you to guess twice. All you need to win with her in this variation is the opponent guessing wrong 2 or 3 times. Summoner Quan Chi is another example. I haven't labbed him much, but I have absolutely no idea how to deal with this character. Once he gets in, I'm stuck in his vortex because it's too strong.

Who do you guys think has the best 50/50 in this game? In terms of high reward, safety, hard to block, etc.
same for me and I start to hate it then start to prefer USF4, I remember only scorpion 50/50 in MK9, was never to hard to guess. Even after 3hours of training to block sonya mixups, in match is still different and many of sonya players online just rush with it and are very surprised when it's blocked once they are afk to react

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
same for me and I start to hate it then start to prefer USF4, I remember only scorpion 50/50 in MK9, was never to hard to guess. Even after 3hours of training to block sonya mixups, in match is still different and many of sonya players online just rush with it and are very surprised when it's blocked once they are afk to react
As a Sonya player myself, I admit that I was kinda disappointed about her MS when I first played the game. I thought it was a poor version of her MK9 iteration, with only three options and they're all unsafe. But when I started to lab her more, then I realized how strong that stance really is. For having three options with different properties (overhead, low and unblockable grab), she can REALLY mix things up. She can condition the opponent to react a certain way and abuse that. Or she can just cancel the stance and stay safe, which is something I don't see many Sonya players doing, this is a huge mindgame if you're playing against her. I was playing with a friend of mine last month, and I can tell you that 8 out 10 times that I'd cancel any string into MS, he'd armor through it. But when I started cancelling the stance, he stopped. In other words, she has ways to blow you up if you're trying to blow her up. lol

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
In other words, she has ways to blow you up if you're trying to blow her up. lol
That's sure, I think players who play KL and Sonya can lvlUP fast their char skillz but it's become fast limited because it's much easier to win using same simple things and it gives bad habites and bad defensive practice and when they fight really top players who know how to deal with it, they panic because has no habites to play defensive, and it's was the main problem of AfoxyGrampa with his KL > he was very aggresive but didn't blocked 90% of poor EB overhead/low starters

That's sure, I think players who play KL and Sonya can lvlUP fast their char skillz but it's become fast limited because it's much easier to win using same simple things and it gives bad habites and bad defensive practice and when they fight really top players who know how to deal with it, they panic because has no habites to play defensive, and it's was the main problem of AfoxyGrampa with his KL > he was very aggresive but didn't blocked 90% of poor EB overhead/low starters
lol i think a its fair to assume that a guys who gets 2nd at the biggest FGC tournament can actually block

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
ehh, i kind of hate this too, then its just a fucking suicidal random yolo fest, doesn't really attest to balance or good gameplay.
Well, my point was... if you do something retarded (say Raiden's b2) and it's blocked you should get punished. None of this... oh I'm safe cause I option selected. Or I'm safe b/c it's barely negative on block to start with. There should be risks. Idk why everything needs to be safe all the time. That just caters to the aggressor and makes them not have to think at all.

I miss the days of actually having to open up your opponent.

Well, my point was... if you do something retarded (say Raiden's b2) and it's blocked you should get punished. None of this... oh I'm safe cause I option selected. Or I'm safe b/c it's barely negative on block to start with. There should be risks. Idk why everything needs to be safe all the time. That just caters to the aggressor and makes them not have to think at all.

I miss the days of actually having to open up your opponent.
yarr

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
First of all execution should not be a balancing mechanic, second of all its not that fucking hard, at all, esp. in regards to other characters execution. It's really easy if practiced. Fighting games aren't meant to be "if you master this secret code which is difficult to do ( even though in this case it's not) you deserve to win." it's supposed to be about outwitting and outspacing and outplaying.

Honestly your mindset is cancer bro
It is if people could do it easily like you say.

If its so easy to do, why aren't we seeing it all the time?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Pseudo-unblockable? What's that? Blockable?
If you're absolutely perfect on it, you can get the low bat and Quan's overhead sword at the exact same moment - meaning one of them is going to hit you.

The thing is, it is so difficult to do - and by difficult - I mean nearly impossible to do consistently. Even the great ones have to be in the absolute zone to do it a few times in a row. Getting it is like getting a hole in one in mini-golf. Then, you gotta do it again - and again - and again - to make him viable at the game's highest levels.

All of Quan Chi's high level matches are completely hype from start to finish. His design, IMO, is completely brilliant.

Those that think he needs "normalization" are projecting what they think the game should be - and putting themselves first - IMO.

Quan Chi is completely unique as a fighting game character.

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
If you're absolutely perfect on it, you can get the low bat and Quan's overhead sword at the exact same moment - meaning one of them is going to hit you.

The thing is, it is so difficult to do - and by difficult - I mean nearly impossible to do consistently. Even the great ones have to be in the absolute zone to do it a few times in a row. Getting it is like getting a hole in one in mini-golf. Then, you gotta do it again - and again - and again - to make him viable at the game's highest levels.

All of Quan Chi's high level matches are completely hype from start to finish. His design, IMO, is completely brilliant.

Those that think he needs "normalization" are projecting what they think the game should be - and putting themselves first - IMO.

Quan Chi is completely unique as a fighting game character.
I thought the game put a safe guard for that. Meaning that if both an overhead and a low hit at the same time, you can block either way.