What's new

Who has the strongest 50/50 in this game?

Whose guessing game scares you the most?

• Total voters

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
MKX feels 50/50 heavy to me. I can't remember any character in the previous MK that makes you guess as much as some characters in this game. Almost all of them have an overhead and a low starter, some are better than others at this department, but overall, I think it's cool in a way because coupled with the variation system, it makes the game feel a bit more "balanced", so to speak. Some characters are all about guessing, like CO Sonya. She can just run at you and forces you to guess twice. All you need to win with her in this variation is the opponent guessing wrong 2 or 3 times. Summoner Quan Chi is another example. I haven't labbed him much, but I have absolutely no idea how to deal with this character. Once he gets in, I'm stuck in his vortex because it's too strong.

Who do you guys think has the best 50/50 in this game? In terms of high reward, safety, hard to block, etc.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
50/50 is a 50/50. Captain obvious? No. If the character makes you guess it makes no difference on the difficulty to block it.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
D'Vorah with safe 30% meterless types of 50/50's that are as deadly Midscreen as they are in the corner, Raiden with 50/50's that carry you all the way to the wall with one wrong guess and finish you with a second one, and Erron who has 50/50's that even if he's wrong he uses a +7 ball to get a second chance making it a 25/25/25/25 while also having guessing games on the 211 block string ring the loudest bells to me.

EDIT that typo lol.

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Quan I'd say since he's safe, if it's Sonya Midsxreen I'll take the low since it doesn't combo

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
That's just bad character design (having very little to no options against pressure but nearly unblockable vortex)
I love Quan Chi's design. His offense is tops in the hands of a master, but his execution is tough. How many people can actually access his vortex? Is there even 100 people worldwide that can do it consistently in battle?

At the game's highest levels, there is a fail-safe that ensures that Quan Chi isn't overpowered - and that is that his defensive options are limited and he gets no help on wake-up. His design, IMO, is brilliant.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wow safe 40% meterless 50/50's midscreen? I must be doing something wrong. Please teach me how to play this character.
Lmaoooo!! My bad.

*30%.

But my point still stands. Being forced to guess into defending it, then with huge wall carry, then staying safe with cancels, and more 30+% in the corner, make it as good as they come. It's not like an Ermac 50/50 for example that gets blown up without a tight OS squeezed in.