What's new

Who has the strongest 50/50 in this game?

Whose guessing game scares you the most?

• Total voters

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
This thread was made made pre pre patch instead of bumping wouldn't it better to re make the thread or if possible refresh the votes?

XxDark_

Noob
My problem with the outlaw that Is Mr Erroneous Black is not the overhead/low mixup, they have two very distinct ranges and although I'm an online player, even fighting competent E.Bs I find I don't get mixed up too crazy like but when i do it is what it is, he's a mixup character. My problem is his 2,1 string. What's a common trend for anyone who has tick throws? They don't have them out of their stronger strings to avoid abuse and to keep things balanced. So why give him not one but TWO spaces to tick throw out of this extremely abuseable string? I have played games where I have read them and njp'ed or whatever out of it. But once they know they have to mix this string up, good lord do the gates of hell open..and for one reason: the string hits mid

My answer:
Change this string so the last hit hits HIGH, why? so I can duck the second tick throw AND/OR the high and get a legit punish for my risky read. That way Mr. Erroneous black HAS to mix the string up more, he will still have answers. If not, how is this no different to if they gave kano a tick throw off of his B1 string in commando? People seem to see that as broken and too strong and yet commando kano was DESIGNED as a grapple character yet erron black has this amongst the rest of his oki/mixups and overall shenanigans?

SILLINESS!

Someone please tell me there's a gap or something, just some hope so I can wake up everyday without thinking what's the point in getting out of bed if I'm gonna get rugby tackled to the ground and shot in the face multiple times.
1st hit of that string is a high.so it isn't a problem

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
This thread was made made pre pre patch instead of bumping wouldn't it better to re make the thread or if possible refresh the votes?
Nah, no need to. I made this thread over a month ago and people are bumping it for whatever reason. lol

I'm sure Sonya and Quan Chi would be still dominating the votes though.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
My problem with the outlaw that Is Mr Erroneous Black is not the overhead/low mixup, they have two very distinct ranges and although I'm an online player, even fighting competent E.Bs I find I don't get mixed up too crazy like but when i do it is what it is, he's a mixup character. My problem is his 2,1 string. What's a common trend for anyone who has tick throws? They don't have them out of their stronger strings to avoid abuse and to keep things balanced. So why give him not one but TWO spaces to tick throw out of this extremely abuseable string? I have played games where I have read them and njp'ed or whatever out of it. But once they know they have to mix this string up, good lord do the gates of hell open..and for one reason: the string hits mid

My answer:
Change this string so the last hit hits HIGH, why? so I can duck the second tick throw AND/OR the high and get a legit punish for my risky read. That way Mr. Erroneous black HAS to mix the string up more, he will still have answers. If not, how is this no different to if they gave kano a tick throw off of his B1 string in commando? People seem to see that as broken and too strong and yet commando kano was DESIGNED as a grapple character yet erron black has this amongst the rest of his oki/mixups and overall shenanigans?

SILLINESS!

Someone please tell me there's a gap or something, just some hope so I can wake up everyday without thinking what's the point in getting out of bed if I'm gonna get rugby tackled to the ground and shot in the face multiple times.
lol

1st hit of that string is a high.so it isn't a problem
I will try to bare that in mind, although personally I don't think this solves the abuse or unnecessary mileage of this string, I still think one of the tick throws should be taken out or keep them both in and make the last hit high so it's a fairer reward for both players. But thank you for your answer

The answer is Scorp hahaha :D
So , think it all depends on the situation and whether it can be fuzzy guarded or not. I quickly tell my opinion, which only apply for OFFLINE and the NEUTRAL game.

- Erron Black: pretty good 50/50 which can be made safe with meter, and he builds meter extremely fast with 21122. However he is only 50/50 at very point blank. 9/10

- Summoner Quan Chi: His vortex starter is unsafe for overhead, same way as Erron he needs meter to combo it from point blank. He builds meter a tad slower against rushdown chars. So his STARTER 50/50 is 8/10, because he has to be close to do it, and he hs no reversals once he messed it up.

- Sonya: Good reach on her low and overhead, also it cannot be fuzzy guarded because the startup is almost the same. Also she can make it safe in Covert Ops, and potentially turn it to a 33/33/33. However her military stance overhead can be fuzzy guarded. 10/10 for the several layers and the manual string control anyways. So it's more than a 50/50 as Tom would say :D

- Cassie: Can be fuzzy guarded guys!!!!! Takes practice but you will see. Also she can be punished if she tries to use the 50/50 as launcher anyways. 7/10 but props for the noob stomping OH/low and low/OH starter.

-Ermac: Not reactable but yolo and punishable, not really my style to play lottery. 8/10

- Mileena: I love her string cancel so much! But you are rather doing a 50/50 on yourself (seriously), because if the opponent blocks, enjoy the the easiest full combo punish in the game. Too bad she needs meter for true 50/50, but props for the string cancels... 6/10.

So for me Sonya wins. Too bad she doesn't have the best corner carry. Unfortunately I don't have enough experience with Raiden and to Jax tell a valid point.

Last edited:

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Unfortunately I don't have enough experience with Raiden and to Jax tell a valid point.
Well jax can go overhead low, low overhead,low,low,overhead,overhead-overhead,high overhead,low overhead buut they are very reactable. So there's that, also they only lead to anything in the corner without meter.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I vote Kenshi. To duck BF3 or to block overhead sword or to jump over shoulder or not to jump over sword slash. That's a big 25/25/25/25/ :DOGE

kraezyx

I never considered you at all.
Kitana man.. when she jumps in with that op float, she could overhead with njp or fall down and do that 15f low starter.. pseudo unblockable.

Well jax can go overhead low, low overhead,low,low,overhead,overhead-overhead,high overhead,low overhead buut they are very reactable. So there's that, also they only lead to anything in the corner without meter.
Holy shit that sounds scary :D But as far as I know, midscreen in the neutral he doesn't have a launcher overhead right? I know that Jax is BS in the corner, but I was talking mostly about th neutral game midscreen.

Kitana man.. when she jumps in with that op float, she could overhead with njp or fall down and do that 15f low starter.. pseudo unblockable.
WTF? Works against sleeping opponents indeed. Her float overhead is a full combo punish... And her B3 required meter to be a safe starter. That is not a 50/50 for me, especially for how easy it is to react to. Also a jump to the opponents head is required for a semi-50/50? Hmmmm..

I remember reading that jax has gaps in each hit of 2,3,2, B3 follow ups, possibly his 1,2,3 string and even his d1,d2? (Double low jabs) so as time passes people will be blowing up jax as there is a general (in my eyes anyway) gameplan to challenge him with armoring as soon as you see a blocked attack. But of course this requires meter so I think a must against jax is don't overuse meter and thing become alot easier. If someone did that to me as a jax player, I'd break a sweat knowing I can't stay on auto pilot anymore. Still, his mixups if you let him, are VERY fast and very tricky as there are alot of overheads and lows to try keep track of.

Kingshootahz

Holy shit that sounds scary :D But as far as I know, midscreen in the neutral he doesn't have a launcher overhead right? I know that Jax is BS in the corner, but I was talking mostly about th neutral game midscreen.
Doesn't have overhead launcher? His entire mid screen game us based of of overhead launches and if you fall for his charged b2 that's a good 27- 30% midscreen

Kingshootahz

I remember reading that jax has gaps in each hit of 2,3,2, B3 follow ups, possibly his 1,2,3 string and even his d1,d2? (Double low jabs) so as time passes people will be blowing up jax as there is a general (in my eyes anyway) gameplan to challenge him with armoring as soon as you see a blocked attack. But of course this requires meter so I think a must against jax is don't overuse meter and thing become alot easier. If someone did that to me as a jax player, I'd break a sweat knowing I can't stay on auto pilot anymore. Still, his mixups if you let him, are VERY fast and very tricky as there are alot of overheads and lows to try keep track of.
Yes he has tons of gaps, but good luck as they are brief with and hard with keeping up because I think a general and good idea for jax is to immediately Rocket cancel any blocked pressure into a forward grab

Yes he has tons of gaps, but good luck as they are brief with and hard with keeping up because I think a general and good idea for jax is to immediately Rocket cancel any blocked pressure into a forward grab
Yeah those cancels bring an interesting and deep mind game, I'm not too familiar with actual frame data when cancelling into some strings so I'm not sure what's possible to armor out of, but I'm a strong believer in challenging someone even if it's risky as just the sight of me challenging you becomes a different game from there on. Of course jax can bait out armor too which is great for jax because he can get around one of his biggest issues, should it be capitalised on :)

Sonya is so fucked up when she gets in lol
My Bro plays covert ops and it's the sight of sonya bursting in with a sprint that makes me grab on to something and go into the brace position. Then he chooses demolition and i realise she can make her options safe and then I ask what I did to deserve this...

kraezyx

I never considered you at all.
WTF? Works against sleeping opponents indeed. Her float overhead is a full combo punish... And her B3 required meter to be a safe starter. That is not a 50/50 for me, especially for how easy it is to react to. Also a jump to the opponents head is required for a semi-50/50? Hmmmm..