What's new

Who has the strongest 50/50 in this game?

Whose guessing game scares you the most?

• Total voters

XxDark_

Noob
Once you gets hit by his d1/d4, that the 1st hit is a high doesn't matter anymore. You will still have to block it as if it's a mid. It's what SonicFox and all EB players are doing
true...I don't have a problem defending his options out of that string though. but that's just from playing against EB a lot.

Then try Covert Ops Sonya, her combo starter has the same start-up for OH and Low and you can extend it with 1 more layer if blocked. Also better low range.
I've played quite a bit of Covert Ops, both with and against. The mix-up potential is very good, but it's not a true 50/50 since the opponent has an intention of where it's going to hit. With Quan Chi, you throw the bat and do the overhead, and only the game truly knows which will hit first.

Sonya does get my 2nd place vote (if such a thing existed), but it's a fairly distant 2nd place.

haketh

Noob
I've played quite a bit of Covert Ops, both with and against. The mix-up potential is very good, but it's not a true 50/50 since the opponent has an intention of where it's going to hit. With Quan Chi, you throw the bat and do the overhead, and only the game truly knows which will hit first.

Sonya does get my 2nd place vote (if such a thing existed), but it's a fairly distant 2nd place.
You do know for the hard to blockable setups you can learn which is gonna hit first if they wanna get anything off of it right

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp

What?

A 50/50 is when you put the opponent in a situation where they have to guess between OH and low. Sonya has a non-reactable OH and low that lead to a combo. That's a true 50/50.

I disagree with this reasoning, because you are talking about someone in a vortex, or when you able to get a bat out for free. By this regards Predator also has the best 50/50 in the game because he can setup a trap and NJP the wake-up... Both the OH and low leads into combo.
I thought we are talking about 50/50 in the neutral.

Last edited:
I disagree with this reasoning, because you are talking about someone in a vortex, or when you able to get a bat out for free. By this regards Predator also has the best 50/50 in the game because he can setup a trap and for NJP the wake-up... Both the OH and low leads into combo.
I thought we are talking about 50/50 in the neutral.
It's possible that we are, but that's not really how I perceive the concept of a 50/50, I guess. Maybe that's my fault for hanging out with too many Marvel players. Even outside of unblockables that game has, mix-ups tend to be fairly ambiguous and the timing doesn't really have a sense of control. It's more like "Do this + this, and one will hit first, which they have to block correctly. But even the player doesn't truly know which would hit first, hence the ambiguity. This game has a bit more control then that... with the aforementioned exception of Quan Chi. Vortex, summon bat, send bat, do overhead, no real way to tell which is connecting first.

I haven't seen enough of Hunter Predator to gauge that particular setup, so I'm out on that one. If the timing is as strict as it sounds, then I'd be willing to go along with that.

It's possible that we are, but that's not really how I perceive the concept of a 50/50, I guess. Maybe that's my fault for hanging out with too many Marvel players. Even outside of unblockables that game has, mix-ups tend to be fairly ambiguous and the timing doesn't really have a sense of control. It's more like "Do this + this, and one will hit first, which they have to block correctly. But even the player doesn't truly know which would hit first, hence the ambiguity. This game has a bit more control then that... with the aforementioned exception of Quan Chi. Vortex, summon bat, send bat, do overhead, no real way to tell which is connecting first.

I haven't seen enough of Hunter Predator to gauge that particular setup, so I'm out on that one. If the timing is as strict as it sounds, then I'd be willing to go along with that.
Yeah the title of the topic is not super accurate anyways. Maybe should be changed "best meterless 50/50 combo starter in the neutral game" or something, at least that's how I imagine it. According to this obviously Sonya wins. Coz it's more than a 5050. (it's a 6060)