What's new

Who has the strongest 50/50 in this game?

Whose guessing game scares you the most?

• Total voters

Ryncage

Noob
I love Quan Chi's design. His offense is tops in the hands of a master, but his execution is tough. How many people can actually access his vortex? Is there even 100 people worldwide that can do it consistently in battle?

At the game's highest levels, there is a fail-safe that ensures that Quan Chi isn't overpowered - and that is that his defensive options are limited and he gets no help on wake-up. His design, IMO, is brilliant.
Human error isnt a balancing tool, and if you want to say it is, nrs isnt even consistent about it.
Thinking that human error is a good way to balance only ensures that after years of practice and gametime its no longer a factor.

Quan having no real wake ups is also just bad design tbh.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Lmaoooo!! My bad.

*30%.

But my point still stands. Being forced to guess into defending it, then with huge wall carry, then staying safe with cancels, and more 30+% in the corner, make it as good as they come. It's not like an Ermac 50/50 for example that gets blown up without a tight OS squeezed in.
30% and 40% is considerably different first of all. Secondly, if you played the character, you would know her 50/50 isn't even safe.

The overhead is 100% safe and 100% hit confirm able with relatively easy execution. The low (b1) does not work the same way. If I input the move to do a B1 ~ bug cancel ~ 212 properly and you don't block it, I'll get ~30% midscreen. If I input it the exact same way and you block it, the bug will either not come out at all and I'll be -15 or the bug will come out and D'Vorah will proceed to toss it away, giving the opponent a large enough gap to interrupt/punish her for it. This is because the cancel window on hit and block is significantly different for her bugs and b1 ~ bug cancel ~ 212 is not a hit confirm able combo.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
30% and 40% is considerably different first of all. Secondly, if you played the character, you would know her 50/50 isn't even safe.

The overhead is 100% safe and 100% hit confirm able with relatively easy execution. The low (b1) does not work the same way. If I input the move to do a B1 ~ bug cancel ~ 212 properly and you don't block it, I'll get ~30% midscreen. If I input it the exact same way and you block it, the bug will either not come out at all and I'll be -15 or the bug will come out and D'Vorah will proceed to toss it away, giving the opponent a large enough gap to interrupt/punish her for it. This is because the cancel window on hit and block is significantly different for her bugs and b1 ~ bug cancel ~ 212 is not a hit confirm able combo.
Yea I meant 30%. Clearly she isn't pulling off 40% meterless midscreen.

F2 was just explained by you so no need to point it out.

B1 from what I've played against i have seen her stand there and do nothing instead of any cancel. I'm assuming that's because of the timing if I block? The problem with that is that I've played people who will do B12 sometimes (not sure why, maybe execution?) so I have a delay after blocking plain B1's from time to time. From my end its a pause in case a B12 is coming so I can 112 punish. Sometimes my reaction is late and 112 gets blocked off of regular B1 because of it, while sometimes I "know" it was a blocked input and I punish it relatively easy.

Thanks for shedding the knowledge though. I did not know that there where different timing inputs on hit and block, like Sonya's Drones I'm sure. Good to know and that explains a lot.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I pick -insert character here- because I lose to them. I mean, I never took it to the lab but wow dude.

How was D'Vorah mentioned and not Erron Black?

Sonya....... that character is a bitch fighting against, with that military stance she can go overheard, low or grab, and even before that a Sonya Player can go overhead low or only overhead into military stance, you have to pray to be able to read her (well, except if the guy you are playing against makes the same thing over and over and never makes different mixups)

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Human error isnt a balancing tool, and if you want to say it is, nrs isnt even consistent about it.
Thinking that human error is a good way to balance only ensures that after years of practice and gametime its no longer a factor.

Quan having no real wake ups is also just bad design tbh.
It is when less than one-tenth of one-tenth of one percent of players worldwide can do it.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Lol at nobody mentioning bs shinnok and his retarded 50/50. He and sonya are the only pick and switch off brain characters in this game imo. Quan and erron are tough as well. Predator and cassie are too. But shinnok and run in your face, overhead low into combo into hkd into low into combo into military stance rinse and repeat sonya are the worst lol

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Lol at nobody mentioning bs shinnok and his retarded 50/50. He and sonya are the only pick and switch off brain characters in this game imo. Quan and erron are tough as well. Predator and cassie are too. But shinnok and run in your face, overhead low into combo into hkd into low into combo into military stance rinse and repeat sonya are the worst lol
Depends which variation your talking about

In Boneshaper it's fuzzyable and you can read duck punish throw

In Necro it's different because that trance last long so it's hard to tell when to fuzzy therefore defeating the fuzzygaurd purpose and his throw jails ,you have to guess a 16% throw.

Ermacs Vortex game can be tricky but at least if he goes for big damage the options are easily punishable

How is raiden not top 3? Safe, non fuzzy able, non seeable, hit confirmable 50/50, that leads to 30+% percent, into best corner carry or reset/vortex. I mean I'm all for raiden downplaying to get some buffs to his mids but damn, Raiden has a good 50/50 lol

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I'm pretty sure he meant Imposter and not Necro but this:
Depends which variation your talking about

In Boneshaper it's fuzzyable and you can read duck punish throw

In Necro it's different because that trance last long so it's hard to tell when to fuzzy therefore defeating the fuzzygaurd purpose and his throw jails ,you have to guess a 16% throw.

Ermacs Vortex game can be tricky but at least if he goes for big damage the options are easily punishable

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I'm surprised not more people have voted for Jax... You have to guess between so many things on every hit of his strings. It's terrifying.