What's new

Whiteboi Wins Injustice 2 at CEO 2017

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
If Whiteboi had to face Sonic,Tekken and/or Theo in the top 8 would he still have won? I think you still deserve your win just because of that match against the great king. Well played man congrats...

Slayer bro ggs man, really dont know why you did not atleats try BA once.
Don't be so ignorant, they didn't deserve to play whiteboi because none of them could got far enough in the bracket to do so.

This was HIS tournament and nothing can change that, he played like a god, totally deserved.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I don't actually think Tweedy is downplaying -- I think these things aren't set in stone yet and everyone's opinion is valid. Time will tell.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Whiteboi- Mostly Scarecrow, some Aqua
Slayer- Bladam, Aqua, Supes(?)
Fox- Bladam, Darkseid, Joker, Deadshot(?)
King- Batman, Bladam
Theo- Bladam, Aqua
Dragon- Aqua, Ivy
Iluusions- Green Arrow
Madzin- Darkseid and Atrocitus
I used Batman the whole tournament! The only time I used Black Adam was once against Michael Angelo, then everyone else was pure Batman.

I think I'm going all Batman at Evo, I know counterpicking is usually my game plan but Batman is my best character by far and I think I should just maximize him and use him for all matchups! :)

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Can't just talk about it, you gotta make a (downplay thread) thread showing how to deal with the bullshit like the darkseid guys did.
We already did. Dear NRS thread we made a few weeks ago. Go check it out. Also, if you are on psn we can run games and I'll even show you. Downplaying is something I don't do. I'm realistic in every game I play and never open my mouth when I don't know a character unless I labbed them and took the time to learn the MU unlike most people.

If I speak, it's because I know what I'm talking about and not judging it off of what I see in 3 matches...

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I used Batman the whole tournament! The only time I used Black Adam was once against Michael Angelo, then everyone else was pure Batman.

I think I'm going all Batman at Evo, I know counterpicking is usually my game plan but Batman is my best character by far and I think I should just maximize him and use him for all matchups! :)

Yo I have to ask, do you fully know and understand the joker MU? I don't want to sound like a jerk but the joker community was discussing it last night and well we really want to know.

I was rooting for Sonic Fox, and really got disapointed with his loss against Slayer. But I can't hide my satisfaction on the whole tournament, and seeing a Scarecrow winning was just outstanding. I hope we see more from Whiteboi in top8s.

Tweedy

Noob
Haha, smells like Superman downplay.
I'm literally just stating facts about his relevance in tournaments so far. I have him top 5 while a lot of credible players are dropping him out of top 5.

Tymers and stream monsters act like he's still easy top 3 or best in the game when he's had 1 representative between the two top 8s so far, who switched to Aquaman during that top 8.

Superman could end up being a lot lower than most think and the only argument ever will be "but lol he's superman bro".

Slymind

Noob

After what Whiteboi did, specially facing what was probably his hardest matchup(against you), should be an inspiration for anyone who belive in character loyalty.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

But if you used Bladam against Michaelangelo you didn't use him the whole tournament ;)

In all seriousness I think that's your best bet. Your batman is super sick to watch, best of luck.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Make sure to lab that Joker match up ;)
In all seriousness, your Batman is fun to watch and it's so hype seeing you beat a Black Adam/Aquaman with him, keep it up

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Sonic's Joker is the only one I've ever fought against, and I've never lobbed Joker or looked at his frame data
Gotcha, we were discussing the MU and we kind of thought that. It's understandable, joker generally get overlooked. would you be interested in games? I'm down to play if you have the time.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
In the words of the joker community watching the match. BOTH The commentators had absolutely no idea what they were talking about when it came to joker at all.

The fact sonic fox picked joker against forever king and beat him AGAIN was absolutely surgical and one of Fox's smartest moves. Fox beat king at WNF with joker and knew he wouldn't take the time out to learn the Joker MU. King clearly didn't know the MU and you saw it on stream. He got so frustrated he was dropping easy combos.

Joker, just like any other character, can completely expose you if you clearly don't know the MU. There was so many things king wasn't doing that he could have done but on the brink of elimination with all that pressure against a character you don't know and a player smart enough to throw that curve ball, what would you think would happen?

But either way, there goes any shot a joker getting buffed because they fanboys who know absolutely nothing about joker will say "wow I thought joker was bad? But Sonic fox beat king in a top 8 with joker. The Joker community sucks, they have a top 10 character and they don't even know it, he needs nerfs." All that will be said without anyone clearly having knowledge on the character and taking into account king literally got mauled for not knowing what to do.

As the joker community said last night....

RIP Joker
You don't have to be a top 10 character to beat ppl in tournament. I think that's the whole point Arma was making about the whiney ass Joker community.

Everyone said Scarecrow was bottom 5 and Whiteboi bodied everyone.

GIT GUD.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Have to be careful with this, though. Like, how many Atrocitus' won matches with him in Top 8? That doesn't really say anything about how strong Atrocitus is -- it's just how it played out this weekend.

You kind of need to collect information for a longer period of time, because the results from the first 1-2 events can be deceiving.
Serious note that Atrocitus was EVERYWHERE in top 32-16. I believe top 16 had 3 and top 24 had 5.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
You don't have to be a top 10 character to beat ppl in tournament. I think that's the whole point Arma was making about the whiney ass Joker community.

GIT GUD.
I love how we literally said nothing throughout the entire first game and got shafted the second and we decide to say something and we are considered whiney. People like you are the reason the joker community for the most part migrated elsewhere.

Btw if you think I'm so bad I would be more then happy to run a set with you, assuming you would want to. Add me

PSN: Vengeance135

I would love to see how GUD you are.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player

GIT GUD.
And Arma had no idea what he was talking about with joker outside the obvious "crowbar unblockable, there was nothing king could have done about it." He had multiple options, neither Arma nor king knew what they were. Just an example.

And Arma had no idea what he was talking about with joker outside the obvious "crowbar unblockable, there was nothing king could have done about it." He had multiple options, neither Arma nor king knew what they were. Just an example.
Just got done watching that match. it was smart stuff by sonicfox taking advantage of lack of matchup knowledge. It was a lot of stuff that Sonic did that could have been challenged or outright disrespected. but I also liked how sonic did a lot of raw overheads to condition king during the set to think the unblockable was an overhead as well or at least react to it as an overhead. but you are definitely right about multiple options against the unblockable that can be blown up easily off reaction. I think foreverking froze up from not having matchup knowledge.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I'm here to point out that the only Superman that made top 8 is a top 3 Injustice player of all time and he(or Slayer who went to Superman once), won 0 matches with him in top 8.

Superman is not Black Adam or Aquaman at all.

Also 0 Supermans were in top 8 at Combo Breaker so he's not a repetitive snoozer character at all.
And you call me downplayer?

WATCHD0G

Noob
Not that the balance is perfect (and it shouldn't be, because that takes time -- and moreover, no popular fighting game is ever perfectly balanced), but it's in a decent enough place that we can sit back, wait a bit, and continue to pay attention in order to see what really needs to be changed.
hit the nail on the head right here. it really pisses me off when some people talk about NRS balance issues like no other game on this earth has them

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
I love how we literally said nothing throughout the entire first game and got shafted the second and we decide to say something and we are considered whiney. People like you are the reason the joker community for the most part migrated elsewhere.

Btw if you think I'm so bad I would be more then happy to run a set with you, assuming you would want to. Add me

PSN: Vengeance135

I would love to see how GUD you are.
I'm not great. But I also don't whine about how bad Swamp Thing is in completely unrelated threads.

I would love to run sets and learn the MU better. Plus I never said you were bad. You're just getting defensive bc I called you out on giving the Joker community a bad reputation.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I'm not great. But I also don't whine about how bad Swamp Thing is in completely unrelated threads.

I would love to run sets and learn the MU better. Plus I never said you were bad. You're just getting defensive bc I called you out on giving the Joker community a bad reputation.
You told me to get good so I will get defensive... And I give the joker community a bad reputation in what way? Speaking my mind towards people that talk about a character that they have no knowledge of because almost everybody in my community is afraid to speak theirs due to how quick this community crucifies other players? One thing I noticed about this community is that 90% of the people on here are quick to call out and/or crucify others when they speak their mind when they themselves have no knowledge whatsoever. "Joker players need to level up," coming from people that never used the character or know his MU's is absolutely idiotic.

I love playing the game and I love playing people that want to learn characters and MU's and are actually willing to see the faults in characters and discussing what could be better.

That's rare in this community because people complain about how bad or good a character is and put others on blast before even knowing the character or MU and they are too lazy to learn it.

The Joker community made a thread after almost 4 years of getting ignored and losing key characteristics that made our character somewhat decent for no reason and we got put on blast for what? Speaking our mind.

But hey, if that's the way it is so be it. If you are looking for games then by all means add me, I have no swamp thing experience and would love to swap notes in the MU.

Deadshot didn't get patched, people just figured out ways to deal with him. Not everything in life that's difficult at first remains so after some patience, effort, and time. Also the Top 5 are way dirtier than Deadshot lol. In this case people realized that the perceived Top 5 (Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Black Adam, and Atrocitus*Darkseid) are more favorable match ups.
And What tier is Scarecrow considered? he looks very solid and footie based, not just mindless.