What's new

Whiteboi Wins Injustice 2 at CEO 2017

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Whiteboi is the TRUE Loyalist player! While most scarecrows players abandoned him in day 1 thinking he was shit, Whiteboi sticked with the character and won CEO :D

I was so crushed when Madzin lost... I have been barricing for that guys form when I first saw him in MKx running Blood God when even the commentators at Evo didn't even know what the specials did (Tom Brady and Godspeed). Apart form a few Euro events, he seams to always get so close and never get over the line.. running into Foxy in G-Finals all the time and not having huge luck in the US.... yet he is the hypest and most fun player in the FGC, his matches are usually guaranteed to be some of the most exciting ever. I really wanted Sonic to not be his 1st opponent.

I was so upset when he lost I couldn't watch any more of the event. I just turned the entire thing off to watch as a vod latter when I recovered.

I was totally devastated.

Still great work Whiteboy and rep the Scarecrow crowd.. normally I would be so happy with you and your performance, but I am still in the dumps over Madzin... : (

goos pop offs from whiteboi too - whiteboi deserved this win, stayed cool as ice, executed the low tier character to its full potential.

Slayer went hard too tho and madzin the mvp for the greatest pop offs of all time - good matches all around

I think the diversity in top 8 speaks volumes. The legacy characters making an early dominance is only part of the script people. Firestorm vs Grodd Grand Finals EVO
Diversity? You ,ean the 4 adams, 3 aquas, 2 supers, 1 batman, 1 joker and 1 crow? Yeah man, legit.

Damn good play by whiteboi, he didnt need top tier to win, didnt need a character to carry him, he carried the character, played who he liked and persevered. I do wonder if people slept on learning the crow matchup however. His matches were hype as hell, and me and a buddy were cheering for him during his matches.

Madzins matches were also extremely hype. But even he couldnt stop the dominance of adam and 1 touch = 0hp. That chair throw popoff tho..

So glad whiteboi won. He was really the only one in top 8 I was cheering for. Hopefully this opens up more top players to new characters. I hope Sonic makes a permanent switch to joker or even darkseid. And I hope coach Steve goes back to grodd.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
This was the most fun I've had watching an NRS major in a long time. I know that the prominence of Black Adam and Aquaman was seemingly supposed to be the narrative but thankfully that all got turned on it's head.

I hope it inspires more people to continue to explore characters that are perceived to be mid-low tier.

everytime i saw him in the crowd it was epic
Mr. Aquaman doing the Aquaman is the stuff of legends.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Diversity? You ,ean the 4 adams, 3 aquas, 2 supers, 1 batman, 1 joker and 1 crow? Yeah man, legit.
8 players.

Black Adam
Aquaman
Superman
Batman
Atrocitus
Joker
Scarecrow
Green Arrow

8 characters.

Although there were a lot of Bladam and Aquaman, I think that's to be expected right now. They are the two easiest characters to learn and win with, and both are legacy.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Amazing run and SO DAMN HAPPY to see a character that's not Black Adam, Bats or Aqua take it..

But please please please in the future can we not out the spoiler in the title for at least maybe 24hrs?

I caught the beginning of top 8 then had to do some family stuff, and was all prepared to come back and find an archive or something tonight and rock out.. but nope. =(

Levaranoia

War God
I was so crushed when Madzin lost... I have been barricing for that guys form when I first saw him in MKx running Blood God when even the commentators at Evo didn't even know what the specials did (Tom Brady and Godspeed). Apart form a few Euro events, he seams to always get so close and never get over the line.. running into Foxy in G-Finals all the time and not having huge luck in the US.... yet he is the hypest and most fun player in the FGC, his matches are usually guaranteed to be some of the most exciting ever. I really wanted Sonic to not be his 1st opponent.

I was so upset when he lost I couldn't watch any more of the event. I just turned the entire thing off to watch as a vod latter when I recovered.

I was totally devastated.

Still great work Whiteboy and rep the Scarecrow crowd.. normally I would be so happy with you and your performance, but I am still in the dumps over Madzin... : (
wow you sound like his wife or significant other lol

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
There was more Swamp Thing gameplay in this tournament than Blue Beetle, Cyborg, and Brainiac Gameplay Combined.
:(

So glad whiteboi won. He was really the only one in top 8 I was cheering for. Hopefully this opens up more top players to new characters. I hope Sonic makes a permanent switch to joker or even darkseid. And I hope coach Steve goes back to grodd.
Until everyone starts playing Grodd and Joker lol.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Probably also good to remember that this is essentially the Day 1 (minus minor bugfixes) version of the game. This, I believe, is the first time in NRS' history that we have a Dia Numero Uno version of the game that doesn't have any major "5-alarm fire" disasters character-wise.

Even among the top cast, it's thought (at this time) that each of them have at least a few losing MUs.

Not that the balance is perfect (and it shouldn't be, because that takes time -- and moreover, no popular fighting game is ever perfectly balanced), but it's in a decent enough place that we can sit back, wait a bit, and continue to pay attention in order to see what really needs to be changed.

The game will continue to be patched sooner or later, and things will hopefully continue to improve. So I think it's safe to say that this may be the best starting place we've ever had.

Last edited: