Which Sub-Zero

• MK9

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • MK X

Votes: 93 83.8%

• Total voters

Wigy

There it is...
I don't see anything wrong with this topic. So there's really no point in coming in here and posting shit about "oh sub community whines about everything... blah blah"
I think its blatently obvious that mkx sub is way better, so all this thread does is allow people to complain about mkx sub.

Maybe im wrong on this one, but im pretty prejudiced after months of silly sub posts.

Edit:

80% of these posts are just straight complaining and downplaying about mkx sub. wasn't wrong lol

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Ice clone guys, its stationary projectile that give him a free combo and cuts of parts of the screen for the opponent, on top of jailing them in the corner. By deign is is really hard to make something like that "Crappy" unless you go out of your way.
I think you are looking at it the wrong way. Look at what he trades to get that Clone. Let's compare him to say Scorpion, a well balanced character with very similar normals and speed. Iceball is pretty comparative to Chain, they both have a slide (although Sub's is definitely a bit better)... now lets look at the trade offs. No Teleport, no Flame Aura, no Run Cancels, no real projectile excluding Clone Toss, no Unlockable Hell Fire, much weaker combos.

Now considering all this, it might be pretty easy to make a Clone "crappy" considering how much you are relying on it... especially if it was to say, be completely unsafe, be completely inconsistent and randomly whiff but still give you the recovery frames, disappear on block, and not actually freeze people who punch through it.

I'm not saying it's useless however, just that MK9 clone is a lot better.

...Did you not even read my post and just looked at the picture?

Next time, learn to actually use what they taught you at 5-years-old instead of skimming over posts like it's a ToS post or some shit.

EDIT: Wait, how the fuck did you not read it if you completely cut out what I posted? You serious, dude?
Wait, so your opinion is that the new Ice Clone is UNARGUABLY better, because of two DIFFERENT specials that have interactions with it? That's got nothing to do with the Clone, on top of that, Clone Toss and the niche interaction that is Clone Shatter in no way make up for the safeness and reliability of MK9, and the fact that you can get Air clones. Saying "reliability" doesnt even do it justice, MK9's Clone is so much better than MK9's, thats why it's a "crappy Clone". The only sensible comparison is MK9's Clone to which it got worse, you can ARGUE otherwise, but to act like its so clean cut undebatable that it needed that retarded page swallowing gif is just you being an obnoxious twat.

Just remember that all of MKX Sub's specials is actually usable...

*Looks at Ice Puddle*
Strikes me as being much more useful than EX-Clone. Just me though.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I think its blatently obvious that mkx sub is way better, so all this thread does is allow people to complain about mkx sub.

Maybe im wrong on this one, but im pretty prejudiced after months of silly sub posts.

Edit:

80% of these posts are just straight complaining and downplaying about mkx sub. wasn't wrong lol
Maybe so, but some of us are actually talking about the topic. Whether we complain about MKX sub or not is irrelevant. The question was, which do you think is better, not what do you think of the sub zero forum.

Exit's that way ---->

Wigy

There it is...
Maybe so, but some of us are actually talking about the topic. Whether we complain about MKX sub or not is irrelevant. The question was, which do you think is better, not what do you think of the sub zero forum.

Exit's that way ---->
If you guys could have your little crying wank circles somewhere else that would fantastic. I wouldn't have an issue if it wasn't cluttering up the top pages constantly. I never specifically go on the subzero forums.

Speaking out of out of place shit posts, would be excellent if the sub community wouldn't drop little nuggets of 'clone doesn't work properly' on any topic possible lol.

Ryncage

Noob
If you guys could have your little crying wank circles somewhere else that would fantastic. I wouldn't have an issue if it wasn't cluttering up the top pages constantly. I never specifically go on the subzero forums.
Because specifically clicking on sub zero threads on the top pages to shitpost about how you cant resist dropping in to to repeatedly parrot about "muh community", anytime you see somthing you dont like, is any different.
Even if you dont browse the sz sub forum, you have a smartass remark in each thread.

Wigy

There it is...
Because specifically clicking on sub zero threads on the top pages to shitpost about how you cant resist dropping in to to repeatedly parrot about "muh community", anytime you see somthing you dont like, is any different.
Even if you dont browse the sz sub forum, you have a smartass remark in each one.
Not something i don't like. Something stupid. Its constantly 1-2 topics that have turned into a subzero community circle jerk on the top 5 page.

Gets old.

If you guys stop i'll have nothing to comment on and u guys wont have to get all butthurt?

I GOT HANDS

Speaking out of out of place shit posts, would be excellent if the sub community wouldn't drop little nuggets of 'clone doesn't work properly' on any topic possible lol.
But this is our topic... in our forum... and you're the one dropping nuggets of nonsense.

It doesn't really bother me Wigy but I'm just saying, these people are right when saying you are getting a reputation... I already know what you are going to post before you say it lol :D I think maybe you've made your point, this stuff is fair enough in other unrelated threads, but when someone opens a poll, let him have it... it's actually an interesting topic, comparing the differences of the two most recent incarnations of SZ.

I just checked your post history again, to see where it was going, I had a bit more time this time and didn't have to just skim it.

Over the past two weeks, 32 of your last 35 posts are now you saying something negative about Sub-Zero or it's players. 26 of those posts are in the Sub-Zero forums, and in the ones I checked that aren't in our forum, there was no whining from Sub-Zero players at all, it was you expressing your displeasure (to put it mildly) about Sub-Zero and/or it's players..

So you can't really complain about Sub-Zero players spamming up other people's threads bro it's basically ALL you've done to SZ for the last fortnight man.

Last edited:

Ryncage

Noob
Not something i don't like. Something stupid. Its constantly 1-2 topics that have turned into a subzero community circle jerk on the top 5 page.

Gets old.

If you guys stop i'll have nothing to comment on and u guys wont have to get all butthurt?
Because the butthurt ones arent the 2 guys who go out of their way to cry about the "top pages" in every sz thread.

K.

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
I shitpost shit that gets on to the top forum page thats utterly stupid. Which is about 95% subzero related stuff.

I'll stop when you guys do :DOGE

Its got to the point where i think the whole sub community is elaborately trolling me by pretending to be retarded
habibi, did a sub-zero break your characters back and make you humble? this hatred for sub kommunity is hillarious.

Wigy

There it is...
But this is our topic... in our forum... and you're the one dropping nuggets of nonsense.

It doesn't really bother me Wigy but I'm just saying, these people are right when saying you are getting a reputation... I already know what you are going to post before you say it lol :D I think maybe you've made your point, this stuff is fair enough in other unrelated threads, but when someone opens a poll, let him have it... it's actually an interesting topic, comparing the differences of the two most recent incarnations of SZ.

I just checked your post history again, to see where it was going.

Over the last two weeks, 32 of your last 35 posts are now you saying something negative about Sub-Zero or it's players. 26 of those posts are in the Sub-Zero forums.

So you can't really complain about Sub-Zero players spamming up other people's threads bro it's basically ALL you've done to SZ for the last fortnight man.
I agree what im doing its stupid and annoying but sweet lord when will the sub community stop?

You're just about the only person who posts about subzero i don't think is a complete moron so im wasting my time really.

I'll stop interrupting the salty tear circle jerks

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I agree what im doing its stupid and annoying but sweet lord when will the sub community stop?

You're just about the only person who posts about subzero i don't think is a complete moron so im wasting my time really.

Apparently everyone else is a moron. You just get better and better don't you?! And why are you here so much unless you enjoy watching. Go away.

I GOT HANDS

TY man I appreciate it, but I think it's easy to think everyone else posting here is an idiot when you put yourself at odds with everyone. I don't like the stupid whiny balance posts about Sub-Zero anymore than you do (("Grandmaster needs buffs to compete!" "This must be made safe ASAP!!" etc)), even more so when they are completely off-topic, these posts and the responses to them drown out our real issues like bug fixes. But there is some quality posters in the SZ forum who actually just want to see their character's bugs fixed, and they don't spill their talk into other off-topic discussions, or even like it when other people do it. And when you come in and start talking all this jazz about the Sub-Zero community as a whole it immediately puts these people at odds against you, even the more sensible level-headed posters. Especially when it's to the people who are keeping it strictly to their own forum, or mentioning it only in threads where it's relevant, or making a thread relevant to it to keep their discussion inside of it and NOT flooding up the forums, there's got to be some respect here and you can't argue that SZ doesn't have issues, just that you don't want to hear about them anymore which is fair enough, but maybe keep the anti-SZ stuff to threads where people ARE just derailing threads and off-tracking other sub-categorys, and hell I'll be right beside you agreeing with you.

Wigy

There it is...
TY man I appreciate it, but I think it's easy to think everyone else posting here is an idiot when you put yourself at odds with everyone. I don't like the stupid whiny balance posts about Sub-Zero anymore than you do (("Grandmaster needs buffs to compete!" "This must be made safe ASAP!!" etc)), even more so when they are completely off-topic, these posts and the responses to them drown out our real issues like bug fixes. But there is some quality posters in the SZ forum who actually just want to see their character's bugs fixed, and they don't spill their talk into other off-topic discussions, or even like it when other people do it. And when you come in and start talking all this jazz about the Sub-Zero community as a whole it immediately puts these people at odds against you, even the more sensible level-headed posters. Especially when it's to the people who are keeping it strictly to their own forum, or mentioning it only in threads where it's relevant, or making a thread relevant to it to keep their discussion inside of it and NOT flooding up the forums, there's got to be some respect here and you can't argue that SZ doesn't have issues, just that you don't want to hear about them anymore which is fair enough, but maybe keep the anti-SZ stuff to threads where people ARE just derailing threads and off-tracking other sub-categorys, and hell I'll be right beside you agreeing with you.
Last thing i'd say is, there is a constant stream of new threads like this one which are sub complaint threads (though most are just tom brady). Can't you have one thread and just keep it in there. Everybody is well aware of the bug fixes that need done, whining about it more does noooothig.

no other community does this even vaguely to the same extent.

You can say i'm getting a reputation but the sub community as a whole already has a terrible one.

Anyways im done

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wait, so your opinion is that the new Ice Clone is UNARGUABLY better, because of two DIFFERENT specials that have interactions with it? That's got nothing to do with the Clone, on top of that, Clone Toss and the niche interaction that is Clone Shatter in no way make up for the safeness and reliability of MK9, and the fact that you can get Air clones. Saying "reliability" doesnt even do it justice, MK9's Clone is so much better than MK9's, thats why it's a "crappy Clone". The only sensible comparison is MK9's Clone to which it got worse, you can ARGUE otherwise, but to act like its so clean cut undebatable that it needed that retarded page swallowing gif is just you being an obnoxious twat.
Those interactions count when you factor in that, until they get used, the clone is still doing what it's designed to do. And when they get used for those interactions, they provide utilities that you couldn't get out of MK9's clone. So yes, they do count, because they utilize the clone, still.

Yes, MK9's clone is safer off of blockstrings and jump-ins. MKX's clone also has utilities and properties that, as a whole, make it very powerful in comparison. Absorbing a projectile is huge. Being able to net chip damage and plus frames with it is huge. All the while, it still performs many of the exact same functions as MK9's clone. With that still intact, he has new uses of it that benefit him and solve some of the issues the character suffered from in the previous game. And this is just clone. Let's not ignore everything else Sub possesses.

Also, to comment on safety. Am I mistaken in that 100% safe clone blockstrings exist, granted you have to sacrifice hitconfirms? Am I mistaken in that one of clone's properties allows Sub to utilize other options a bit more freely when it is out? Yes, you have to commit to something to ensure you get it out on block as safe as possible. Yes, you can get rid of the clone by making Sub block. But don't ignore what is strong about clone and what you can do with it.

Also, air clone was barely useful. If you really think air clone is a talking point as to why it's better, you didn't understand MK9 Sub. Because truthfully, it didn't add anything in the later life of the game, nor was it really effective early on. Go back and watch footage. The use of air clone is so minimal, you'll forget it exists. Practically as niche as you say shatter is, if not moreso. So can we stop talking about it as a reason to say MK9 clone is better...when it's not?

Is he top tier? No...I think many would agree. He is a pretty absurd character in a game full of pretty to goddamn absurd shit. But to say clone and Sub himself are worse...? I mean, if you want to sit there and think a character who got 3-7'd and 2-8'd by a vast chunk of the top half of the characters in the game, and didn't really have an advantage like that over any other character...is better objectively than a character who still doesn't come close to struggling that hard after being nerfed...then be my guest. If you still think clone is "crappy" because you can't get it out safely every time you see your string is blocked and have to commit to safe setups, as well as can't do clone in a position that was useless in the last game, go ahead. Not gonna stop you.

By the way, I gif when I want. And no one's stopping you from doing the same. #DealWithIt...if you can't take a little silliness in a discussion and have to resort to insulting me, then you probably just need to leave the thread.

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

I didn't even complain about the clone in this thread, I was just stating my opinion on which version of sub I like better.

Sub is a popular character, his forums are bound to come up on the top pages. If you don't like the thread... novel idea right here, don't post in it. You know you can click and see other pages of the forum besides the top right?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
True, though my counter argument is that it traveled faster, did AA better and it was a better trading tool, however you do make a valid point in the case that it is a true mid and IDK about leaving him plus, I have never really experienced this. And yes it easting over projectiles if very useful but I found that just throwing a random Ice beam, was more keened to an RKO, he threw it out randomly you got hit, and then he put you in the corner. The freeze time on Ice beam lasted a LOT longer the EX ice ball in X. So he could mess up and still get the combo.
Yeah, it froze a lot longer, but in MKX, it doesn't need to. That also applies to regular freeze. Run makes it so that he's getting a combo usually, even from full screen. Your projectile or ranged option has to launch for him to only get a slide at best, and he gets that even more consistently due to run and how much better slide is. It's mainly the engine and his other tools that mitigates the EX freeze's property. Also, EX freeze froze for less than normal time on airborne opponents, which sometimes limited his ability to get combos if they were frozen too far away.