Question - Sub-Zero Which Sub-Zero is Better

Which Sub-Zero

• MK9

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • MK X

Votes: 93 83.8%

• Total voters
hands down Grandmaster has the better MU's
SZ period has great MU's, it's just the matter of putting them into play. SZ CM players should not be putting out less than 30% damage per combo, no matter the combo, meter or no meter. NRS did SZ right in CM. Only use meter mid screen(if you so desire).

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
MKX SZ is better.
I wish everyone would try cryo... he is a mf freight train! Holy ****. Once you get used to not having that clone crutch like the rest of the cast a whole new world will open up. Blocking/interrupting strings is not to hard to do, but when you do, the momentum is all in your hands. I have seen the light and there was not a clone in sight. Im a hardcore SZ player and I am here to tell you all that he does not need buffs. Crossover to the light and stop hiding in the darkness of the clones shadow. PLEASE!
yep got to love the slow hammer thats hella minus and a neutral on hit grab reset :DOGE

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
SZ period has great MU's, it's just the matter of putting them into play. SZ CM players should not be putting out less than 30% damage per combo, no matter the combo, meter or no meter. NRS did SZ right in CM. Only use meter mid screen(if you so desire).
great mus fuck outta here bruh

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Why would you just sling out a hammer? I only use it in combos or wake up.
because you said momentum every string sub zero has is - except f12 which is +1 and s1 which is neutral so if you would care to enlighten me with what 'momentum' youre getting, i will pick up cryo if you make a good argument.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
...Did you not even read my post and just looked at the picture?

Next time, learn to actually use what they taught you at 5-years-old instead of skimming over posts like it's a ToS post or some shit.

EDIT: Wait, how the fuck did you not read it if you completely cut out what I posted? You serious, dude?
The agendas man.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
but the reason i put grandmaster at higher standing than Cryo, is not because of damage, he is a corner champ, not a mid screen combo character, his moves are designed to push them to corner with minimal effort, and his clone helps control the map, becaus of the clone he has better matchups, there is more than just 50/50's to open players up. the true sub zero has either ground freeze or clone. not saying unbreakable isnt a goos option, or if your playstayle is cryo, the traditional SZ is a wait and punish style, along with corner pressure.

because you said momentum every string sub zero has is - except f12 which is +1 and s1 which is neutral so if you would care to enlighten me with what 'momentum' youre getting, i will pick up cryo if you make a good argument.
Ok... SZ CM hits hard witch creates a fear factor from any character. Once your opponent gets the oh sh!t face is when momentum is created. Reason why I say SZ CM should never use a combo the does less than 30% damage. There are many. Ill include set up variations.

No Meter Mid Screen-31%
B2 run into F4, 2, 1+3. On low blocking opponent. 31%

1 Bar of Meter Mid Screen-32%
B3, B3, EX Hammer, Jump 1 or 2, FJump 1, Run into F4, 2, 1+2. On high blocking opponent. 32%

Corner No Meter-31%
B3, B3, FREEZE, B2, B2, F4, 2, 1+3. On high blocking opponent. 31%

Corner No Meter-37%
B2, B2, F4, 2, 1+3. On low blocking opponent. 37%

Corner 1 Bar-40%
B2, B1 B2, EX Hammer, F4, 2, 1+3. 40%

There are more if you want to see

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Ok... SZ CM hits hard witch creates a fear factor from any character. Once your opponent gets the oh sh!t face is when momentum is created. Reason why I say SZ CM should never use a combo the does less than 30% damage. There are many. Ill include set up variations.

No Meter Mid Screen-31%

B3, B3, EX Hammer, Jump 1 or 2, FJump 1, Run into F4, 2, 1+2. On high blocking opponent. 32%

Corner No Meter-31%

Corner No Meter-37%

Corner 1 Bar-40%

Every single one of them ends in a nuetral reset, absolutely killing any "momentum". Damage numbers does not = tempo and momentum, stop using buzzwords that you don't understand. Cryomancer is a footsies based character and he actually has the LEAST momentum of any character in the game with a neutral reset at the end of every single combo.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero

No Meter Mid Screen-31%

Corner No Meter-31%

Corner No Meter-37%

Corner 1 Bar-40%

combos arent momentum if the ender doesnt leave you at advantage dipshit and he doesnt hit hard many characters get the same if not better damage than that and end in advantage look at predator, cassie, lao etc. im down for new things but not misinformation

Every single one of them ends in a nuetral reset, absolutely killing any "momentum". Damage numbers does not = tempo and momentum, stop using buzzwords that you don't understand. Cryomancer is a footsies based character and he actually has the LEAST momentum of any character in the game with a neutral reset at the end of every single combo.
If you play a timid play style then my post is not for you. I absolutely had to break myself away from that. I seen alot of players actually playing the game instead of guessing on my route to CM and couldn't stand being told what to do by my clone, so I had to figure out how to get in there with those guys. Remember, these combos do leave you neutral but that block button is always going to be your best friend. If you just give it a shot or test it until you become fluent in CM you'll see how good he is. I can go back to clone. Props to TB and who ever plays with GM but its just not for me.

combos arent momentum if the ender doesnt leave you at advantage dipshit and he doesnt hit hard many characters get the same if not better damage than that and end in advantage look at predator, cassie, lao etc. im down for new things but not misinformation
Learn how to interrupt they're strings. Those are good chars but they all have weaknesses.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
hes a casual leave him be

Learn how to interrupt they're strings. Those are good chars but they all have weaknesses.
And I hope you dont think leaving a char on the ground after a combo is an advantage, meter or no meter. Standing or on the ground are all the same, they both perform wake ups and they still have to guess. You just have to able to outsmart the oppenent who is showing you how he/her plays

I GOT HANDS

If you play a timid play style then my post is not for you. I absolutely had to break myself away from that. I seen alot of players actually playing the game instead of guessing on my route to CM and couldn't stand being told what to do by my clone, so I had to figure out how to get in there with those guys. Remember, these combos do leave you neutral but that block button is always going to be your best friend. If you just give it a shot or test it until you become fluent in CM you'll see how good he is. I can go back to clone. Props to TB and who ever plays with GM but its just not for me.
It's not about a timid playstyle... If you want to play nothing other than heavy footsies... why the fuck would you play Cryomancer? He has nothing to build or keep momentum, and the mechanics of the character actually inherently slow your momentum. If ending every single combo with a nuetral reset isn't the DEFINITION of killing momentum, then what the hell is? Can you name a character with less options to keep up tempo than that? The word is not interchangeable with "high damage" they mean two different things you twat,

Shazam has momentum

Quan Chi has momentum

Tremor has momentum

Liu Kang has momentum

Cryomancer does not have tempo

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
It's not about a timid playstyle... If you want to play nothing other than heavy footsies... why the fuck would you play Cryomancer? He has nothing to build or keep momentum, and the mechanics of the character actually inherently slow your momentum. If ending every single combo with a nuetral reset isn't the DEFINITION of killing momentum, then what the hell is? Can you name a character with less options to keep up tempo than that? The word is not interchangeable with "high damage" they mean two different things you twat,

Shazam has momentum

Quan Chi has momentum

Tremor has momentum

Liu Kang has momentum

why shazam :p

Shazam has momentum

Quan Chi has momentum

Tremor has momentum

Liu Kang has momentum

Do you no block? I bet someone just put a foot off in that GM of yours and you're on here taking it out on me, right?
Settle yourself and go try out CM. He'll put a smile on that frown. I promise

I GOT HANDS

And I hope you dont think leaving a char on the ground after a combo is an advantage, meter or no meter. Standing or on the ground are all the same, they both perform wake ups and they still have to guess. You just have to able to outsmart the oppenent who is showing you how he/her plays
No shit, you still have to make reads when your opponent is on the ground, but if you can't see how the frame advantage from a knockdown that allows you to pick your range, and safely start strings with longer start ups (B2 being a pretty notable one) without the risk of getting jabbed out of it, or even being in range AT ALL of your low starter (which you are not after the ender) isn't an advantage that affects your momentum and tempo, then you have no idea how this game works, I'm sorry, but zombie is right here, it's ok to be a casual and posting, but recognise that shit and build your knowledge, don't come in trying to school people on something that you vaguely understand, using buzzwords that you absolutely do not understand to do it.

why shazam :p
He's a character with some very aggressive movement tools, who gets a meterless 50/50 vortex at the end of every combo, at the cost of nothing. He can quickly turn the tide of a fight off one good knockdown or even interactable, and his damage buff character trait synergises well with this.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
No shit, you still have to make reads when your opponent is on the ground, but if you can't see how the frame advantage from a knockdown that allows you to pick your range, and safely start strings with longer start ups (B2 being a pretty notable one) without the risk of getting jabbed out of it, or even being in range AT ALL of your low starter (which you are not after the ender) isn't an advantage that affects your momentum and tempo, then you have no idea how this game works, I'm sorry, but zombie is right here, it's ok to be a casual and posting, but recognise that shit and build your knowledge, don't come in trying to school people on something that you vaguely understand, using buzzwords that you absolutely do not understand to do it.

He's a character with some very aggressive movement tools, who gets a meterless 50/50 vortex at the end of every combo, at the cost of nothing. He can quickly turn the tide of a fight off one good knockdown or even interactable, and his damage buff character trait synergises well with this.
just seems a bit weird when theres flash and stuff :p

I GOT HANDS

just seems a bit weird when theres flash and stuff :p
I didn't play As Flash or against one, we never got a big Injustice scene here so I kinda only ever had a couple of different opponents for that game. In fact other than his character trait I don't even know what Flash does lol. I was just speaking on characters I know of that immediately jumped in my head as having excellent momentum and tempo

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
I didn't play As Flash or against one, we never got a big Injustice scene here so I kinda only ever had a couple of different opponents for that game. In fact other than his character trait I don't even know what Flash does lol. I was just speaking on characters I know of that immediately jumped in my head as having excellent momentum and tempo
fl'ash had relentless pressure amazing mixups and great mobility