Which Sub-Zero

• MK9

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • MK X

Votes: 93 83.8%

• Total voters

Sage-Of-Light

Student of Nature
Which Sub-zero you think is better and why.

I choose MK 9 because he had more freedom of setting out his clone, he had a unblockable set up, his moveset looked so much better as well.

Im not saying that I dont like the mk x sub-zero I love him but his disadvantages outweigh his advantages and he so soooooooooo limited lol like really how man special moves does he have like 4 and his doppelganger scorpion has every thing he needs lol ahahaha.

please give me your thoughts sub-zero players only

#justsaying

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
MKX Sub.

Better d4, range, OH/Low starter, better Xray, Clone and EXIce Ball eat projectiles, faster ducking slide, etc.

EDIT: Should've picked MK9 Sub in hindsight; because to TYM, apparently every 50/50 is fuzzyable and 18 frames is reactable.

I actually agree with this^^

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
wasting bars on eating projectile, a overhead which can be read, low which is okay and doesn't link unless you have a bar or facing a females
You're hardly wasting a bar, since you'll more often than not win the trade.
Overheads can be read in the same breath as lows.

what are the upgades?

I just listed several of them.

because of the charcters he had to go up against do you think mk x subzero can beat mk 9 kebal

I don't understand this question, but comparing Sub Zeros to the Kabal matchup? What sense does this make?

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero

I don't understand this question, but comparing Sub Zeros to the Kabal matchup? What sense does this make?
the low makes you waste a meter for 25 so its obvious which most will go for even though its hella - the low is os'able but -8 so still can be punished soooo vs females the corner game is very different and clone is broken

Sage-Of-Light

Student of Nature

if thats the case they are both too slow lol

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
the low makes you waste a meter for 25 so its obvious which most will go for even though its hella - the low is os'able but -8 so still can be punished soooo vs females the corner game is very different and clone is broken
Good players will mix up os'd low and low cancelled into EX Ice Blast to create a guessing game that makes your opponent not want to press buttons. Only a few characters in the game can truly punish his low option with minimal consequence.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I don't like the question, does it mean overall? Because the meta of each game and the way the Sub Zero character is played is totally different in MK9 and MKX. MK9 wasn't really a 50/50 based game, whereas MKX is and each Sub Zero fits to each game.

In comparison, I'd say Sub Zero's normals are better in MKX however (in grand master) the clone is weaker compared to the MK9 clone and the clone is what the strategy of Sub relies on. In MKX Sub Zero has the ability to win and make a comeback more in severely disadvantaged matchups like Kenshi because he has 50/50's and of course the wakeups being bad without meter so there's always that comback factor; MK9 Sub had to to make a LOT of good reads and baits all the time to deal with being zoned and he jumps through hoops however it's not as bad in MKX.

I think they both have differences but I feel like the games are too different in regards to the meta for me to make an actual opinion on whether it's one option or the other. I just can't.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Good players will mix up os'd low and low cancelled into EX Ice Blast to create a guessing game that makes your opponent not want to press buttons. Only a few characters in the game can truly punish his low option with minimal consequence.
good players will always block low first and look for the oh but youre not wrong like

Sage-Of-Light

Student of Nature
I don't like the question, does it mean overall? Because the meta of each game and the way the Sub Zero character is played is totally different in MK9 and MKX. MK9 wasn't really a 50/50 based game, whereas MKX is and each Sub Zero fits to each game.

In comparison, I'd say Sub Zero's normals are better in MKX however (in grand master) the clone is weaker compared to the MK9 clone and the clone is what the strategy of Sub relies on. In MKX Sub Zero has the ability to win and make a comeback more in severely disadvantaged matchups like Kenshi because he has 50/50's and of course the wakeups being bad without meter so there's always that comback factor; MK9 Sub had to to make a LOT of good reads and baits all the time to deal with being zoned and he jumps through hoops however it's not as bad in MKX.

I think they both have differences but I feel like the games are too different in regards to the meta for me to make an actual opinion on whether it's one option or the other. I just can't.
I actually really like this answer