Which Sub-Zero

• MK9

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • MK X

Votes: 93 83.8%

• Total voters

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
good players will always block low first and look for the oh but youre not wrong like
As I said, no one reacts to B2. That's a massive bill.

To clarify, most of the time it is probably getting fuzzied since the low is 9 or 10 frames(can't remember off the top of my head lol), and the oh is 17 frames. This can be solved by doing a delayed low to blow up your opponent for trying to fuzzy from low to oh.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
As I said, no one reacts to B2. That's a massive bill.

To clarify, most of the time it is probably getting fuzzied since the low is 9 or 10 frames(can't remember off the top of my head lol), and the oh is 17 frames. This can be solved by doing a delayed low to blow up your opponent for trying to fuzzy from low to oh.
if i delay too long i get njed or armoured or poked by kj or characters of that nature and b3 is 14 frames i think

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
there was like 2 or 3 and they were all ok but if esl didnt exist i doubt we would have seen that many at a tournament
Madzin and Taco went bout-for-bout against some of the world's best. Strange, since they were just "ok."'

the low makes you waste a meter for 25 so its obvious which most will go for even though its hella - the low is os'able but -8 so still can be punished soooo vs females the corner game is very different and clone is broken

Nah, you're right, the character is shit.

FoolishProphet

Still waiting for Jade :\
Grandmaster is mk9 sub-zero on steroids,he lost his air clone but now the clone eats projectiles,as well as many other improvements.Not to mention his default costume is so badass....MKX Sub-Zero blows MK9 sub out the water. :coffee:

RM Truth

if i delay too long i get njed or armoured or poked by kj or characters of that nature and b3 is 14 frames i think
If they start neutral jumping or trying to poke on wake-up it means that you can go back to doing your regularly timed 50/50 and they're just going to get hit for free. You're right. It is 14 frames which mean there is a 3 frame window to fuzzy. Kinda hard but still doable I think. My point still stands though. I haven't played anyone that consistently block B2 with no problems.

Sage-Of-Light

Student of Nature
The shatter and throw of the clone in mkx is way better. Your positive on block so you can add more pressure. You guys seriously think mk9 is better? Really??
presure which only works well in the corner and when you do start a pressure with sub you would probably be at a disadvantage 79% of the time at midscreen

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
If they start neutral jumping or trying to poke on wake-up it means that you can go back to doing your regularly timed 50/50 and they're just going to get hit for free. You're right. It is 14 frames which mean there is a 3 frame window to fuzzy. Kinda hard but still doable I think. My point still stands though. I haven't played anyone that consistently block B2 with no problems.
Even kj qc and raiden? Bc if i read a njp i shatter, if i try it regularly timed ianjp will beat it but maybe im miss timing it

*edit* and yet again kjs d1 and raidens are quicker than 14 so shatter is prob the best option once again

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Which one places higher in the tiers for its respective game? Meh, probably MKX Sub, although he's low mid, still a lot better than MK9 Sub.

Which is a BETTER character however, in terms of playstyle and design? MK9 easily. He's a real character, all his abilities worked, and he wasn't what MKXSZ is, a character who relies on his above average normals and a workable 50/50 just to barely compete with his tiny ass damage output, and then a crappy Ice Clone tacked on top of it. MK9 Sub was built around using that Clone and it was a working tool. Predator's Trap is worse than SZ's MK9 Clone and it's still leagues better than MKX's, prompting a mass exodus to this character even from Tom Brady the most diehard SZ player ever.

Sorry, but I could justify playing SZ in MK9, it's not about being top tier, he played like Sub Zero. MKX version plays more like Blanka from Street Fighter at best

RM Truth

Even kj qc and raiden? Bc if i read a njp i shatter, if i try it regularly timed ianjp will beat it but maybe im miss timing it
If you're meatying the 50/50 they should have no frames to neutral jump against you. Sometimes if you're accounting for delayed wake up it can screw up your timing though.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Which one places higher in the tiers for its respective game? Meh, probably MKX Sub, although he's low mid, still a lot better than MK9 Sub.

Which is a BETTER character however, in terms of playstyle and design? MK9 easily. He's a real character, all his abilities worked, and he wasn't what MKXSZ is, a character who relies on his above average normals and a workable 50/50 just to barely compete with his tiny ass damage output, and then a crappy Ice Clone tacked on top of it. MK9 Sub was built around using that Clone and it was a working tool. Predator's Trap is worse than SZ's MK9 Clone and it's still leagues better than MKX's, prompting a mass exodus to this character even from Tom Brady the most diehard SZ player ever.

Sorry, but I could justify playing SZ in MK9, it's not about being top tier, he played like Sub Zero. MKX version plays more like Blanka from Street Fighter at best
This is what i wanted to say but was too lazy except for the blanka bit well done sir