What's new

Question Where does GL rank pre-patch

So the argument is because I didnt have funding to drive 2000 miles to evo( appreciate the players that went BTW) and don't have funding to drive over 1000 miles to play one player in exhibition matches, my playing the best 8 raven players on psn and the experience gained to block all her strings is completely irrelevant cause I don't represent the norm simply because i am a hardly known that does very well in the m.u. Silly me thought it was a matchup discussion where two players of compotent skills ('with equal knowledge of characters') would play each other and see where it goes. Your argument that I got the matchup being 5/5 from playing discounted ravens would be an insult to yourself considering you were one of them, and I am not going to trash the other players involved in my opinion of 5/5. I was competent enough to ignore the players that clearly did not know how to play against g.l, but clearly that is too much to ask for you to do in playing others with a lack of knowledge of raven. I agree we should drop the argument of 6/4 or 5/5 cause the reality of it is we will probably only play each other accidently online. Still major props to you on showcasing raven, but would appreciate it if you didn't make it sound like air oa was the only trick in my arsenal, that is like saying you only have pillars. I only do air oa cause it is a safe way to build meter to then punish you for trying to jump trait on the fly, which will have to be done at some point mid match. Both her teleports are unusable in the m.u and her comeback factor ( as well as g.L's ) is borderline zero. For those reasons I booked it at 5/5 because both players have chances to steal the match, and it is reliant on stage and player not the m.u itself

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
So the argument is because I didnt have funding to drive 2000 miles to evo( appreciate the players that went BTW) and don't have funding to drive over 1000 miles to play one player in exhibition matches, my playing the best 8 raven players on psn and the experience gained to block all her strings is completely irrelevant cause I don't represent the norm simply because i am a hardly known that does very well in the m.u. Silly me thought it was a matchup discussion where two players of compotent skills ('with equal knowledge of characters') would play each other and see where it goes. Your argument that I got the matchup being 5/5 from playing discounted ravens would be an insult to yourself considering you were one of them, and I am not going to trash the other players involved in my opinion of 5/5. I was competent enough to ignore the players that clearly did not know how to play against g.l, but clearly that is too much to ask for you to do in playing others with a lack of knowledge of raven. I agree we should drop the argument of 6/4 or 5/5 cause the reality of it is we will probably only play each other accidently online. Still major props to you on showcasing raven, but would appreciate it if you didn't make it sound like air oa was the only trick in my arsenal, that is like saying you only have pillars. I only do air oa cause it is a safe way to build meter to then punish you for trying to jump trait on the fly, which will have to be done at some point mid match. Both her teleports are unusable in the m.u and her comeback factor ( as well as g.L's ) is borderline zero. For those reasons I booked it at 5/5 because both players have chances to steal the match, and it is reliant on stage and player not the m.u itself

The best GL player and the best Raven player say the mu is 6-4 Raven, your argument is invalid.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM

I don't think anyone is trying to say your opinion is irrelevant, but when possibly the best Raven and Green Lantern players in America are both saying it 6-4 its hard to argue otherwise.

EDIT: Nevermind. I guess they are.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I would say GL could be placed anywhere from the 3-10 spot depending on how one sees the game. Personally I think he's number 5.

Lol of course cause clearly denzell does not have the ability to adapt and change his opinion over time. And of course being the best means you must be the best in every matchup in the game. Your counterclaim has been rebuked. Lol doubt that was used correctly in a sentence, just had to use the word after my 4 year old nephew used it trying to sound smart over the phone. Kind of like that last irrelevant comment you just made about the "best" at a game said so therefore it must be true. Up next we have mid tier kabal and mid tier metaknight to back up your claims. Pro claims at early start of a game is irrelevant. But still respect the players greatly

Wasted

Noob
Lantern isn't top 5. Neither is Batman.

Both are easily top 10, though.

Supes
Adam
WW
Flash
Aquaman
J'onn
Zod
Bruce
Hal
Dick/Babs

My phone got hacked by my douchebag roommate(aka brother). While I do agree with alot of the commentary he said, I am far more polite than he is and nowhere near as rude. Maybe if he was better at game I would let him speak and let it stand, but didn't want people thinking I was that much of a jerk.

Ice clone, realistically, is a ridiculous footsies tool...but even with it, Sub is still subpar.
uh ice clone isn't a normal............ smh. Plus ice clone is a special move that doesn't advance or anything like that and we all know that footsies in MK9 are different than this game without a doubt. So yeah, I hope you aren't saying GL is anywhere near subpar/ anywhere near the outside of top 10, because that'd be completely false.