What's new

Question Where does GL rank pre-patch

jaym7018

Noob
so many things wrong with that list.

this. Except I would replace Batman for Batgirl seen as GL and Batgirl have better match ups. As good as batman is, he goes 5-5 with most of the cast IMO
Batgirl gets murder death killed by aquaman for that reason she cant be top 5.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
His walk speed paired with his b1 make his space control ridiculous. GL controls space better or just as well as almost any other character in the game. The only person that does it better is probably Superman. His dashes are definitely are definitely ass though, but they should be.
He controls midscreen very well. Fullscreen and up close, he doesn't, though. Obviously in his best part of the screen, his mobility works. A low jump arc is good here, and walking does wonders. But outside of this, his bad dashes and a low jump arc can get him into trouble. THAT is where his mobility becomes troublesome.

And Ares has bad dashes, but he also has the ability to avoid having to move across stages to deal with projectiles.

Batgirl gets murder death killed by aquaman for that reason she cant be top 5.

So?
That makes no sense, you can't sum up a character based on one bad match up. Tier lists are formed by reviewing how a character does against the entire cast

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
some characters cant even reach gl to punish him after turbine
If max range, this is mostly true.

Closer, just about everyone has an answer. Zatanna, Ares, and Bane are the only characters I'd reckon have trouble punishing at that range and maybe closer.

4x4lo8o

Noob
And Ares has bad dashes, but he also has the ability to avoid having to move across stages to deal with projectiles.
There's only a handful of projectiles in the game slow enough that Ares can teleport on reaction, and most of the ones that are recover fast enough to punish teleport. Suggesting Teleport is a good mobility tool is about as accurate as saying Turbine is a good mobility tool. In a lot of ways Godsmack is a better tool than teleport for mobility and punishing zoning, and Godsmack is pretty shitty too

I love the downplaying game, but you are talking down an easy top 7 character. Over half the characters you had on his "bad matchups" are simply 5/5 such as raven and black Adam. While mobility would be nice, g.l is just mostly dependent on your playstyle. Honestly believe a lot of his matchups will be 5/5 or better down the road.

Green lantern is top 8 because he can pretty much zone out half the cast with jump back rocket, b1 3 can be cancelled into mini gun to make it safe , has one of the best f3 , has some good resets, mini gun does loads of chip and I cba to list the rest

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
so many things wrong with that list.

this. Except I would replace Batman for Batgirl seen as GL and Batgirl have more match ups in their favour. As good as batman is, he goes 5-5 with most of the cast
Batgirl is a great character, and she does have more favourable MUs than batman. She does however also have more unfavourable MUs (one which is [imo] a 7-3)

- Aquaman
- Nightwing
- Doomsday

Are her 3 worst MUs. There is also debate saying she loses to:

- Grundy
- Bane
- Superman

Everyone else I'd say she either beats or goes even with. Personally, I don't mind the last 3 MUs but others say they can be troublesome.

Batman just doesn't have those bad MUs, nor anything near the horror of aquaman for batgirl.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
it being low doesnt make it good Batmans grapple cathes his jump

a teleport closes the distance GL has turbine? i think a teleport beats that
lol Raven, Cyborg, Deathstroke can completely shut him down depending on the stage, Batgirl, Superman he has no answer to at all maybe even more

Batman's grapple is used on a read. The fact that you kan get anti-aired doesn't mean it's not good.

Teleport is less safe than turbine in general. A lot of characters kan't punish turbine due to the pushback.

Chef thought Cyborg wasn't bad. You just have to be patient. Deathstroke I know doesn't shut him down. Get mid range and it's all in your favor. Once you're in lift range, no more Deathstroke mobility and no more guns. Superman beats a lot of characters.

I don't know about Batgirl. But Raven is bad from my understanding.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Batman's grapple is used on a read. The fact that you kan get anti-aired doesn't mean it's not good.

Teleport is less safe than turbine in general. A lot of characters kan't punish turbine due to the pushback.

Chef thought Cyborg wasn't bad. You just have to be patient. Deathstroke I know doesn't shut him down. Get mid range and it's all in your favor. Once you're in lift range, no more Deathstroke mobility and no more guns. Superman beats a lot of characters.

I don't know about Batgirl. But Raven is bad from my understanding.
Batgirl is a bad MU for GL, probably a 6-4. He can't use rockets, because if she jumps one, she gets a teleport into vortex. He doesn't really have that many approach options so batgirl can just bola cancel and build meter all she wants. She outdamages him both midscreen and corner. His vortex doesn't work against her as db2 and df2 are both viable wakeups. Cartwheel eats through MB f3 so that doesn't work either.

It's not a terrible MU, but it is in batgirl's favour.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Batgirl is a bad MU for GL, probably a 6-4. He can't use rockets, because if she jumps one, she gets a teleport into vortex. He doesn't really have that many approach options so batgirl can just bola cancel and build meter all she wants. She outdamages him both midscreen and corner. His vortex doesn't work against her as db2 and df2 are both viable wakeups. Cartwheel eats through MB f3 so that doesn't work either.

It's not a terrible MU, but it is in batgirl's favour.

Makes sense..

Just curious, what raven players are the g.l community playing that makes them feel at a disadvantage, I already gave up on this thread being valid and wanted some input cause with the exception of the notoriously bad streets of Gotham g.l ties raven in neutral circumstances fairly consistently when played right. She is a good character, but can not lockdown for long stretches of time, and both character's catch up factor leaves a lot to be desired.