What's new

Question What is the general consensus on the patches? And what should be added/removed?

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
ok, now that explains a lot @Eddy Wang
Man, IDK want to know what MKVSDCU is like then.
btw, regarding MK Trilogy: I also want to rebalance that game, sometime in the future, along with MKG, but they are not the same thing as MK9, obviously. IDK how more difficult or more easy it would be.

ok, now that explains a lot @Eddy Wang
Man, IDK want to know what MKVSDCU is like then.
btw, regarding MK Trilogy: I also want to rebalance that game, sometime in the future, along with MKG, but they are not the same thing as MK9, obviously. IDK how more difficult or more easy it would be.
Balancing MKG? Good luck lol, game is glitchy as fuck, you're better off trying to balance MK4

NSR

2nd version released wasn't as glitchy IIRC, well,except the fatality music not playing correctly,ok,I'll give you that (that and Sektor's flamethrower SFX tends to bug out in emulators)

NSR

well, I got some good news and bad news.
The good? Well, you know this already, but Cyrax's regular bombs now do 4% of damage, rather than 8%.
The bad? I've checked all of the encrypted vars...and I've been completely unable to find the EX bomb damage values. W-T-F.
Really IDK what to do here, gonna check other parts of the script,but it doesn't make sense: other damage values are all always in tweakvars, Cyrax is the first to apparently have it somewhere else, IDK.
@Eddy Wang
btw, eddy, I decided compare SUBZERO.BIN from the code folder from PSX MKT 1.1 (USA) to the Windows version of MKT (dat folder, SUBZERO file) and...they are exactly the same.
same bytes,everything. only difference is the name. In theory, you could swap a dat file from the pc, with a bin file from the code folder from PSX MKT and vice versa, and it would work the same.

Last edited:

NSR

guys,I've decided to stop working on Cyrax for the time being (his only change is that his non EX bombs do 4% now)
I need to ask you guys whether this is allowed or not (I've seen the terms and rules, but I'll ask just in case)
Is it allowed to distribute, or rather link here modified character files?

NSR

Well, while I wait for an answer, here's the new changes for Kenshi and Noob:
Kenshi
Armor removed for EX Telecharge and Teleflurry
Armor duration reduced for EX Rising Karma
Recovery frames increased for EX Telecharge and EX Rising Karma on block.
Speed slightly decreased for Telecharge (both versions)

Noob Saibot
B1 is faster
F3 is faster
B121's recovery frames on hit were reduced, thus allowing new combos to be made
B1214's recovery frames on hit were reduced.
Recovery frames (on hit,whiff and block) on EX shadow charge have been reduced.
Recovery frames (on hit, whiff and block) on non EX and EX shadow slide have been reduced.

I'm trying to apply last one buff to the EX Shadow Slide: that being the opponent's fall being much slower, thus allowing more combos to be made. No documented hash that correlates to this exists in the tweakvars: it's possible it's there, but undocumented (or worse, not in the tweakvars at all, ala Cyrax)
I have to say, both went off without a hitch and I'm really loving how they are turning out (Kenshi might need some finetuning, but whether or not he needs more adjustments, well, I'll leave that up to you guys). Seriously, after the pain in the ass Sub and Cyrax were (and I'm not done with Cyrax yet) it's so great these characters were quick to do. Means I might even add some more characters (Woolay? Edaj? Spirit ripoff?)

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Well, while I wait for an answer, here's the new changes for Kenshi and Noob:
Kenshi
Armor removed for EX Telecharge and Teleflurry
Armor duration reduced for EX Rising Karma
Recovery frames increased for EX Telecharge and EX Rising Karma on block.
Speed slightly decreased for Telecharge (both versions)

Noob Saibot
B1 is faster
F3 is faster
B121's recovery frames on hit were reduced, thus allowing new combos to be made
B1214's recovery frames on hit were reduced.
Recovery frames (on hit,whiff and block) on EX shadow charge have been reduced.
Recovery frames (on hit, whiff and block) on non EX and EX shadow slide have been reduced.

I'm trying to apply last one buff to the EX Shadow Slide: that being the opponent's fall being much slower, thus allowing more combos to be made. No documented hash that correlates to this exists in the tweakvars: it's possible it's there, but undocumented (or worse, not in the tweakvars at all, ala Cyrax)
I have to say, both went off without a hitch and I'm really loving how they are turning out (Kenshi might need some finetuning, but whether or not he needs more adjustments, well, I'll leave that up to you guys). Seriously, after the pain in the ass Sub and Cyrax were (and I'm not done with Cyrax yet) it's so great these characters were quick to do. Means I might even add some more characters (Woolay? Edaj? Spirit ripoff?)

While I am not specific on the details, you may want to look into Noob Saibot's portals. I distinctly remember them being glitched in some way.

NSR

Yeah, it was a reset I believe, by throwing an opponent with a combo into a portal and catching them(as they are falling in the portal) with the Shadow Charge. However, it hardly was gamebreaking: it was kinda tough to pull off, to begin with, and Noob's midscreen damage is low (much like Jax's) Admittedly, with the new changes, the portals may have to be fixed (possibly via a speed buff, that way, Noob can't reset off the portals) but again, we'll see.
For now, I'm searching for the EX Shadow Slide gravity values.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
guys,I've decided to stop working on Cyrax for the time being (his only change is that his non EX bombs do 4% now)
I need to ask you guys whether this is allowed or not (I've seen the terms and rules, but I'll ask just in case)
Is it allowed to distribute, or rather link here modified character files?
Bombs doing less damage reduce the damage output of his reset, but i still think 8 less is way less compared cyrax could do alot of damage with 1 single combo, but that's something.

MK uses a code that its called "Damage protection" what the code does is, reducing the original damage count of certain moves when a particular move is used.

for example, Skarlet up slash has this propriety coded into it, same as sub-zero freezing commands all activates a sort of damage scaling, if Cyrax could have damage scaling on his net part of the problem would be resolved i think.

Also, did you reduced the stupid +16 on hit he was gaining on standing opponent?

I know the standard one is +12 to everyone vs standing, only sub had a 8f startup d4 which as also only +8 on hit though.

The top 3 characters needed nerfs though, they can do pretty much anything against the entire cast.
True , its just cause even though i want to download this version i dont want the top 3 character nerfs because honestly i enjoy playing them lol , but i also want to play better versions of the weaker characters.

Edit : also what im saying he should buff the other ones so they can compete with the top ones.

NSR

Kabal now does 1% damage on all attacks, no NDC, increased startup on all attacks by 250 frames, Gas Blast heals opponent by 100% and doing an Xray deals 900% damage to Kabal.
still too powerful, I'll nerf Kabal some more.

Kabal now does 1% damage on all attacks, no NDC, increased startup on all attacks by 250 frames, Gas Blast heals opponent by 100% and doing an Xray deals 900% damage to Kabal.
still too powerful, I'll nerf Kabal some more.
Why are you doing this ;-;

NSR

I need those tears to survive, nah just kidding.
well guys, any answer to my question? regarding the modded files, it isn't a patch, rather, it's the character files themselves decompressed and modified.

I need those tears to survive, nah just kidding.
well guys, any answer to my question? regarding the modded files, it isn't a patch, rather, it's the character files themselves decompressed and modified.
Idk there are rules here but idk where is the thread , could you pm me those files when ever you can anyways ? I'll test them aslong as they're ps3 and not pc or something

NSR

I haven't posted any files yet, I'm still working on it, but I am getting very close to a demo release. That's why I'm asking.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
NRS fucked subzero so bad hope you can undo what they have done. Can't wait to hear your cyber subzero changes. if you can't get subzero reset back have it live threw cyber subzero if possible.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
What you are doing in awesome.I know they are not the ones you are doing now, but here are my suggestions:

Sindel:

Reduce startup and/or recovery on grounded proyectiles.
Change hairwip and EXhairwip to a mid
Make EX hairwip neutral on block
Increase EX hairwip damage
Increase hit advantage of D3
Increase hit advantage of D1 (if posible extend range)
Reduce 1 startup
Reduce U4 startup

perhaps increase her backwalk speed.

Most people want to give her armour but I dont agree (you can´t anyways, so...), her problem is she is a zoner but her zoning is not that strong. This changes would make her harder to get and help her deal with pressure a little better. Add to this the nerf of the top tiers and she should be fine.

Sheeva:

I remember thinking some of these changes, but she is so broken I'm not sure they would actually help where she needs it.

Reduce the recovery of her fireball
Make her instatly recover from EX fireball
F4 is now -3. Is it possible to add pushback? If not it could be made neutral
Increase Xray damage to Kano's level
Is it posibble to extend the armour of her EX teleport so she still has it while falling down? Something tells me it can't be done.
I would add armour to her EX groundpound but you cant, and I'm assuming it cant be made cancellable either which was another of the fixes I remember thinking for her. Having a flashparry like Rain or Kabal would help a lot. Nightwolf could use it on his EX thuder too. Too strong? ok.

You probably should just do whatever Jeremiah says with her.

Jade:

The changes I remember wanting for her were improving her proyectiles, both regular and EX, making her regular staffsalm match the EX's version speed, and making her U3 a mid again. I'm that was not all Jade needs but I kinda forgot about her, these still sound like reasonable changes.

NSR

In regards to the damage scaling: What I've found, at least occasionally in the tweakvars is dmgmultiplier. However, not all characters on all moves seem to have them. It's possible the actual coding is in the data1 and data2 folders/sections from the script.