What's new

Question What is the general consensus on the patches? And what should be added/removed?

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
guys, keep in mind that I will apply a couple of buffs/nerfs on my own,outside of feedback, but obviously all aimed at balancing MK9 as best as possible. obviously, feedback can sustain or remove those changes.
keep in mind, I no longer own the PC version, and the first releases will be on PS3 only, so you will require a modded/CFW PS3 in order to use the mod.

guys, keep in mind that I will apply a couple of buffs/nerfs on my own,outside of feedback, but obviously all aimed at balancing MK9 as best as possible. obviously, feedback can sustain or remove those changes.
keep in mind, I no longer own the PC version, and the first releases will be on PS3 only, so you will require a modded/CFW PS3 in order to use the mod.
Ok , i will help with testing if u want.

NSR

Thanks man. Mind you guys, I'll first go with the POCs, to see if this project can indeed work (I'm optimistic enough that it can work) and then I'll probably go a few characters at a time. (in other words, beta releases, I'll consider the project status as not beta once I get to a theoretical Ver. 1.00, which would include all of the original 32 characters, yes, Kratos is in there. Bosses will come later, and...probably some extra stuff after that) Obviously, the files will be up for anyone to grab and use, test, whatever you like.
Guys, question: was vanilla Kabal's armor for the dash 10 frames? was it later increased on subsequent patches?

Last edited:

NSR

guys, this mod and video wasn't made by me, this was made by Repterrian. This was made outside of the project I was talking about, but this is a good example of what the tweakvars can accomplish, brace yourselves for a more competent Baraka:
I have asked him if he wants to help me out with the PC port of the project.
BTW, the tool used is the MKScriptbinary extractor 2.0, made by digitaloverdose (Special thanks go to him as well, none of this would have been possible without his extensive work on the scripts)

NSR

can anyone give a more detailed list as to what to do with Ermac rather than just give the ex push armor?
Keep in mind guys, as I've stated earlier, this is based off modifying variables already IN the game. It may not be possible to give him armor given that wasn't programmed in the game originally.
Need to check his file. I've decided to wait until getting the KE, before doing the POCs(as such, the POCs will be based off KE and not 1.01 as I originally stated) I'll get the KE by either this weekend or on Monday at the latest, so there will be a POC by the end of the year.
I've also asked for Sheeva, given she's considered one of the worst, if not the worst MK9 character. She desperately needs buffs.

NSR

for the record, I've also talked with unclefestor, and I'm trying to contact HowardC. I want to make this mod compatible with the UMK mod for PC users. (possibly as an addon to said mod)

NSR

anything more detailed for Stryker? I'm sorry guys if i'm coming across as annoying, but I rather have a detailed post, like REO's Kabal one, or at least semi detailed as to what to do with the characters. that way it's more organized and easier to comprehend what changes should be applied.
Is there any character that's pretty much very well balanced and doesn't really require buffs/nerfs? not saying they won't be modded later, but at least I can better prioritize which characters are getting fixed first, and which are being left for last (Bosses, for example, come dead last, Kabal will be the 1st character to be fixed)

NSR

fine,I don't mind a long write up, take however as long as you need to do it.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Is there any character that's pretty much very well balanced and doesn't really require buffs/nerfs? not saying they won't be modded later, but at least I can better prioritize which characters are getting fixed first, and which are being left for last (Bosses, for example, come dead last, Kabal will be the 1st character to be fixed)
Well, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Raiden, Johnny Cage(?), Scarlet(?).....that's about it lol that I can think of. Hopefully someone else can chime in...

NSR

I was actually going to ask about Lao.
Is it universally agreed he doesn't need any nerfs?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Unless I'm forgetting about something, wouldn't making Rain's RH cancellable that much faster make 4xxRHC a block infinite if the opponent has no armor/meter?

I feel like all he needs is some kind of better presence/utility outside of close quarters.
Did not do my research on his frame data. Yeah, it would be, unfortunately. :/

What do you think, though, of everything else?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Did not do my research on his frame data. Yeah, it would be, unfortunately. :/

What do you think, though, of everything else?
There's a couple of things I would personally tweak slightly differently, but the grand scheme of it definitely looks agreeable. I'd like to see what ideas you have for other characters when you get the time.

NSR

by blockstun, you mean the delay before a player can perform another move after successfully blocking a move, right?

I will use this purty reasonable list as a base for changes to Kratos.

For perspective, I believe Kratos is on the high end of low-tier, or on the bottom end of mid-tier.

- 1,1 hitbox expanded forward to connect at ranges where standing 1 can connect on block. The entire 1,1,2 string is Kratos' best string for pressure, and each hit leaves him neutral on block. One flaw, however, is that 1,1 whiffs on block at longer ranges where standing 1 itself is able to connect, and creates a gap in Kratos' fastest and safest pressure.

- 2,1,2 startup reduced by seven frames. The block advantage granted by 2,1 currently allows opponents to jump out of the string before 2,1,2's active frames even start. This change is to remove the gap in the string.

- 2,1,2 cancel advantage on block reduced by two frames. With the removal of the gap in the 2,1,2 string, this change is to help prevent Kratos from having access to a rather easy potential block infinite in the corner via his Hermes Dash Cancels. (Crouch under the standing 2 and poke to escape.)

- Startup of B1,2 and B1,B4 reduced by five frames. This leaves only a one-frame gap between B1 and its two follow-ups.

- Opponent is unable to tech roll after being hit by B1,2 and F1,4. If the opponent is hit by either one of these two strings and manages to tech roll, they will be at +53 and +26, respectively. The opponent, (teleporters in particular,) can punish Kratos and/or gain the momentum over him for being hit with either one of these two moves, and that is preposterous. The inability for the opponent to tech roll makes Kratos unable to be punished for hitting the opponent with these two strings; which are already unsafe on block.

- F2 startup reduced by ten frames. Kratos is a slow tank, and that is his greatest hinderance against the top dogs' speed. F2 gets him his highest damage off, besides fishing for a parry. At thirty frames, it's just too slow. Twenty frames makes it more in-line with the eighteen frames of execution on Kitana's F2.

- D1 block/hit advantage increased by seven frames. So that he is +2 on hit, and not -5 on hit. I know his defensive options are supposed to be bad, but come on, it's his (currently) fastest poke at 8 frames of execution.

- D3 startup reduced by six frames. Thirteen frames of execution, -14 on block and -4 on hit? That's absolutely dreadful! With this change, Kratos will now at least have a low-hitting defensive option that is worse on the advantage than his D4 and D1, but is one frame faster than D1.

Notes:
- I don't think adding armor to EX Zeus' Rage (Revenge of Olympus) is particularly needed, since he already has a great defensive option in the Golden Fleece, and has armor on EX Hermes Dash. The only reason I would like armor added to EX Zeus' Rage is to help Kratos against Smoke and Kenshi, but I don't think it's necessary with the changes they are probably getting.

- I do not believe Kratos' infinites are much of a problem, since they work only on hit and you have to be very precise on the timing; akin to Kabal's 2xxNDC block infinite. The damage scaling will also make the damage fade shortly. His ordinary combos do better damage, I think. For information, the first infinite works only in the corner and the second can be done midscreen: 2,1xxHermes Dash Cancel~repeat; 2xxHDC~repeat.

by blockstun, you mean the delay before a player can perform another move after successfully blocking a move, right?
Yes, blockstun is the frame delay given to the player who has successfully blocked an attack.

Note: The reason I typed out "block/hit advantage" in my change list for Kratos is because I am not sure if the block and hit-stun are tied to a single set of data that pulls double-duty for both block and hit advantage. If that's not the case, then that's great!