What's new

Question What is the general consensus on the patches? And what should be added/removed?

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
very simple, extract the USRDIR folder to your backup: said backup can be named, anything really, but if we are going by product id, it should be BLES01508 or BLUS30902. Go inside that folder, and go inside PS3_GAME. There you will find the USRDIR folder. Paste the USRDIR folder from the Trilogy Edition modpack, and overwrite when it(I assume you are using Windows) asks you to do so and combine the folders when it also asks you to do that.
Very simple installation. If you are still having problems, let me know.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
See this is where I am confused, after extracting the file onto my USB and pluging it on to my ps3 where do I go afterwards save data utility or game data utility. Those files you mention I don't have.

NSR

you need a CFW PS3 in order to make a backup of the game and play that backup, keep that in mind. I should have clarified that beforehand, so sorry if I caused any confusion.

Last edited:

NSR

If your PS3 is 3.55, or below, you can CFW it, otherwise, you are going to need to have a flasher to downgrade your PS3, or failing that, getting a new CFW PS3.

Last edited:

NSR

I'll create a new thread soon, and all discussion of the mod will go over there. I'm trying to get a video done to showcase off some of the changes made.
In the meantime, if anybody who already has the mod needs help, tell me and i'll help as best as I can.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'll create a new thread soon, and all discussion of the mod will go over there. I'm trying to get a video done to showcase off some of the changes made.
In the meantime, if anybody who already has the mod needs help, tell me and i'll help as best as I can.
Can't wait to see the changes!

@TONY-T you should show off some of this stuff!

Goat-City

Banned
You have done a great thing for MK9, man. Thanks a bunch! Just wondering though, if you decide later to change some more things, could you update the mod or would you have to create a brand new one?

NSR

I would most likely create a new one, rather than making 2 separate uploads.
BTW, has anybody else got their hands on the mod? I know it's kinda difficult thanks to the legal concerns (can't post a link here) but was it easy enough to find or not? In any case, there's still a video incoming, and once it's out, it should be easier to find the mod.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I would most likely create a new one, rather than making 2 separate uploads.
BTW, has anybody else got their hands on the mod? I know it's kinda difficult thanks to the legal concerns (can't post a link here) but was it easy enough to find or not? In any case, there's still a video incoming, and once it's out, it should be easier to find the mod.
if you want help with balance changes i'd be happy to help

NSR

Thanks man.
Well, any and all future balance changes are going to be done off the TE files. So, if you want to suggest any balance changes (and this goes for everybody) I would appreciate if it was done off the TE patch.
Again, thanks man.
It's going to take a while until the mod gets better known, not to mention, new frame data calculations, new tier list, that's going to take even longer to do. Hopefully, it will be done this year, right guys?

NSR

I'm very close to finishing the video. I won't be able to link it here, since said video will link to the DL (I've already talked to death about the legal issues).
Once the video is up, and the mod is easier to find, I'll create a new thread, and all discussion/feedback of the mod will go there.
A pc port is in development. Unclefestor has offered his help in porting over the mod to PC. (Thanks man.)

NSR

Well, you won't see it from me, and don't expect a PS3 version of that hypothetical IGAU patch. PS3 scripts are encrypted.

NSR

PS3 scripts, yeah. Impossible to edit the scripts there. PC doesn't have this problem.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Whoo!

Sub's 2 is overhead??? Yoooooo someone tell Tom Brady!

But really, Sub players wanted it to just be mid. But hey, guys, we'll take the overhead lol. Same with Kano 112.

NSR

actually, there's only 4 block requirements in MK9: High, Low, Mid and Unlockable.
there are several hex values that seem to mean the same (0B is the one typically used for High, but I've seen a couple of characters, like Raiden, use 00. In this case, for the vicinity blast)
This doesn't necessarily mean there's no Mid that behaves like an overhead (quite the opposite,obviously) but it's different from MKX which seems to have a separate value for overhead attacks.

NSR

I'll be creating the thread soon. It's very easy to find the mod now, just google MK9 Trilogy Edition or Mortal Kombat 9 Trilogy Edition or search it in youtube and you'll find the mod right away.
EDIT: Thread is up! All discussion of the mod is to be done there.

Last edited: