What's new

What features/balance changes/5th char would you like to see in USF4?

cyke_out

Noob
Knowing Capcom, they are reusing the SFxT Characters and some stages on Ultra So
maybe just maybe Mega Man is the 5th Dlc
Capcom already gave hints to the character being added. And it's not going to be someone that has ever been in a fighting game before. So no Megaman.

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
SF4 Reset= 50/50 let me explain myself:

When you decide to reset someone after a stun,you are putting yourself in a 50/50 chance that your reset will work or not.If they have play you or that char before and know that can be reset for more damage they will have a counter for your attempted reset and put you at a disavantage....why would you want that? My suggest is lower the damage scaling after a stun so that you can get GUARANTEED damage and not "Maybe" damage

This is Street Fighter 4. It's a fighting game. You're supposed to be tricky, not just do the same thing every time. The only time that you're putting yourself in a 50/50 chance for a successful reset is if you do the exact same move at the exact same time.
Let's say that Bison is trying to reset Ryu into a grab. Obviously Shoryuken beats this because it is invincible. So does Ryu mashing Shoryuken while being hit beat everything Bison can do? Of course not, Bison can stop on purpose to block the DP and get a much bigger punish than he would've from just a throw. That's a mindgame, and it evolves the more you've played against your opponent. In actuality Bison's options (off the top of my head, I might've missed a few) if he stops his combo at close range are:
-Block (beats offensive opponent)
-Walk up grab (beats defensive or surprised opponent)
-Frametrap (beats attempted grab tech and opponent using non-invincible attacks)
-Low attack (beats opponent walking back and trying to grab tech)
-Jump (beats defensive opponent and leads to crossup situation depending on spacing)
Note that these aren't character specific. Every character has a jump, low attack, grab, etc...

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
This is Street Fighter 4. It's a fighting game. You're supposed to be tricky, not just do the same thing every time. The only time that you're putting yourself in a 50/50 chance for a successful reset is if you do the exact same move at the exact same time.
Let's say that Bison is trying to reset Ryu into a grab. Obviously Shoryuken beats this because it is invincible. So does Ryu mashing Shoryuken while being hit beat everything Bison can do? Of course not, Bison can stop on purpose to block the DP and get a much bigger punish than he would've from just a throw. That's a mindgame, and it evolves the more you've played against your opponent. In actuality Bison's options (off the top of my head, I might've missed a few) if he stops his combo at close range are:
-Block (beats offensive opponent)
-Walk up grab (beats defensive or surprised opponent)
-Frametrap (beats attempted grab tech and opponent using non-invincible attacks)
-Low attack (beats opponent walking back and trying to grab tech)
-Jump (beats defensive opponent and leads to crossup situation depending on spacing)
Note that these aren't character specific. Every character has a jump, low attack, grab, etc...

My original intent of asking for post stun scaling to be reduced if below 50% are in the rare scenarios that Seth does something like J.HK, cr.LP xx cr.LP, cr.MP xx Hyakuretsukyaku, 3 head stomps, dive kick and the dive kick stuns the opponent. His follow up combo is scaled to 10%. He can reset with tick-SPD, but I was wondering if anyone else thought that post stun combos should scale back SLIGHTLY (10-20% only).

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
He can reset with tick-SPD, but I was wondering if anyone else thought that post stun combos should scale back SLIGHTLY (10-20% only).
10 or 20 percent would be fine, I was getting upset at him saying that resets are 50/50. Your idea's good. It's really frustrating to end a combo with stun, but there are workarounds like counting stun that prevent aware players from getting caught by it.

AK-Israel

I'm Back
RadicalFuzz didn't feel like quoting your post,here's my counter-arugement: Once again why would you reset someone to set up your self up for a 50/50 situation.You said it yourself that M.Bison has ways to beat Ryu's wakeup,but Ryu has ways to beat M.Bison reset: DP,Throw,Block,etc. No matter what both are in a neutral position once you start your reset.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
RadicalFuzz didn't feel like quoting your post,here's my counter-arugement: Once again why would you reset someone to set up your self up for a 50/50 situation.You said it yourself that M.Bison has ways to beat Ryu's wakeup,but Ryu has ways to beat M.Bison reset: DP,Throw,Block,etc. No matter what both are in a neutral position once you start your reset.

To be fair to RadicalFuzz, the one who initiates the stun has the offensive momentum and can perform interesting resets.

Here's an example (Watch at 0:30)

They should make the following Changes in USF4:

- Balance Changes per character
- Make it so you have both Ultra's available to you during a match (not select one or the other)
- New char should be a Hawaiian Judo rushdown grappler (Female).

AK-Israel

I'm Back
To be fair to RadicalFuzz, the one who initiates the stun has the offensive momentum and can perform interesting resets.

Here's an example (Watch at 0:30)

True....so true,but simply blocking,throw,or pressing a button can easliy change the momentum and gotta say jyobin wasn't playing like jyobin :/

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
You would try to reset someone because the followup after a stun from a long combo will do very low damage. And a proper setup from a stun should never be a 50/50 situation for the attacker, especially considering all the option selects possible with the game engine.

Edit: Of course Ryu has ways to beat the reset. Being escapable defines it as a reset. With good setups however the guessing game is in favor of the attacker.

d3v

SRK
Yeah, some new flashy unlockable titles and pics would be cool, would allow people to feel more unique.

On a different note, how's this for another idea? You know how spectators and even some players complain about training stage always being picked? What if we were able to toggle background elements on/off. For example, in stages like Festival at the Old Temple, and Overpass, there are people in the background that react to what you do (look at you, fall over when you knock someone down near them, etc.). What if we were able to toggle their reactions on and off? This way, we could give the spectators a little something instead of boring them with training stage.
You still wouldn't have the grid lines that top players like Infiltration use to help their spacing.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
You still wouldn't have the grid lines that top players like Infiltration use to help their spacing.

Absolutely, training stage is amazing. Just a little something to cater to some of the casuals / spectators, who demand variety with the backgrounds.

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
Just a little something to cater to some of the casuals / spectators, who demand variety with the backgrounds
There isn't enough variety already? There's already a ton of stages with stuff going on in the background. Changing the game for people who are not playing the game is never a good idea. They don't change the HUD in League of Legends because some people watching say it should be different. The players playing the game should pick the stage according to the rules they agreed upon. End of story.

Also if players are picking the training stage to use the grid lines now chances are they'll still pick the training stage to use the grid lines even though the other stages have fancy new background animations.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Hoping the 5th character in a brand new character, a beast man or something.

Also hoping Vega finally gets some buffs.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
There isn't enough variety already? There's already a ton of stages with stuff going on in the background. Changing the game for people who are not playing the game is never a good idea. They don't change the HUD in League of Legends because some people watching say it should be different. The players playing the game should pick the stage according to the rules they agreed upon. End of story.

Also if players are picking the training stage to use the grid lines now chances are they'll still pick the training stage to use the grid lines even though the other stages have fancy new background animations.

Yeah, but if you go on EHubs, many people bring up how they're tired of seeing Training Stage and how they want more stages, even character specific ones like in SF2 and SF3.

I should mention, these views don't reflect my own - I only focus on the two characters on the screen and prefer a nice, simple background instead of distracting ones.