What's new

What features/balance changes/5th char would you like to see in USF4?

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
i am injustice and mk player and novice in SSF4AE, i main balrog and i know he is mid tier so i think he just need 2 changes to join top tier: 1st safe EX headbut and 2nd faster start up on EX charges

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Yeah that's what I'm talking about, it make things easier. It's just another reason why I prefer SFxT, I don't have to worry about links as much.

Problem is, this leads into a slippery slope argument.

On one hand revolutionists, like yourself, want a change to how links work - with the logic that execution shouldn't be a barrier and that the process of using your tools at the right place / time will separate the good from the bad.

Traditionalists would argue that by making links easier, you tone down the learning curve considerably and that those who devote time to the game should be rewarded with better tech.

I agree with both sides, but I feel that SSF4 has already made things much easier compared to the past games, with shortcuts, p-linking, readily available frame data, etc. I've read on some forums that links in SF4 are much easier than links of the past SF's. However, I'm only a mid level player, and I generally rely on cancels instead of links (Though I am incorporating Cl.HK links, and cl.LK to Koryuken hit confirms).

RoGE

Noob
Traditionalists would argue that by making links easier, you tone down the learning curve considerably and that those who devote time to the game should be rewarded with better tech.

I agree with both sides, but I feel that SSF4 has already made things much easier compared to the past games, with shortcuts, p-linking, readily available frame data, etc. I've read on some forums that links in SF4 are much easier than links of the past SF's. However, I'm only a mid level player, and I generally rely on cancels instead of links (Though I am incorporating Cl.HK links, and cl.LK to Koryuken hit confirms).
And I'd argue that the learning curve is already massive with all the match ups and technicality within the game but yeah, I can definitely see both sides, some people just enjoy the challenge of hard combos, I just have a different preference. To me a game shouldn't be about if you can do a move but when.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
And I'd argue that the learning curve is already massive with all the match ups and technicality within the game but yeah, I can definitely see both sides, some people just enjoy the challenge of hard combos, I just have a different preference. To me a game shouldn't be about if you can do a move but when.

That's cool, I can respect that.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
i am injustice and mk player and novice in SSF4AE, i main balrog and i know he is mid tier so i think he just need 2 changes to join top tier: 1st safe EX headbut and 2nd faster start up on EX charges
Safe EX headbutt? In a game where no character has a safe invincible reversal like that?

Maaaaaaaan, SF4 is not for you, my good sir! >_<

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I have a few changes that I'd like for Makoto. Wouldn't need all of them at once, obviously, but a few of these would be nice.

-Giving her more frame advantage of some of her normals on block (F+LP and F+MP, F+HK, Cr. LK in particular come to mind). F+LP and F+MP could use more on hit as well, imo. Those normals just aren't where I'd like them to be.

-Kind of connected to the last, but I think it'd be really great if Cr. LK got an extra frame of advantage on hit to give us a chance to confirm into hayate from a low hit.

-Less pushback on hit for non-EX Hayate (dashpunch, if you don't know the name). In 3S, a lot of Makoto's fun is derived from the fact that a landed Hayate led directly into a karakusa mixup. Rather than increase Karakusa's range, I think bringing this mixup back would be a more balanced buff that'd also bring more fun to the character. The entire purpose of Hayate not knocking down in the first place is to provide this mixup, for pete's sake.

-More invincibility on EX Oroshi. Just to make it more consistent.

-Quality of life change: make it so that later tsurugis in the air no longer require silly Plinks to perform. Arbitrary difficulty for what should be achievable normally.

cyke_out

Noob
Some changes announced

http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/27/ultra-sfiv-early-changes-to-ryu-dudley-cody-and-zangief-evo-2013-build/

Capcom UK Community Manager, David “Dawgtanian” Hinds, hopped on the mic at London Super Fights to provide some insight into the early changes to Ryu, Dudley, Cody and Zangief in Ultra SFIV. The changes are from the same build that was demoed at Evo 2013:
Ryu
  • cr.mk to dp shortcut removed. No longer will get accidental dp when walking forward and inputting cr. mk to fb
Dudley
  • Overall footsies improved
Cody
  • Ability to FADC his normal zonk
Zangief
  • SPD range nerfed slightly (not huge amount but a little bit)

Scorp-Zero

Salty Shazam
One thing That would be good for Seth is to remove the leniency on the toe taps or increase the leniency on the footdive.... because you cant tell if your holding straight down for his footdive because the toe taps come out even if you press df or db and since you need a straight down for his footdive a lot of the time you get j.HK

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Less recovery on teleport would give him arguably the best wakeup defense of all characters. It already pretty much is, actually
His recovery is piss poor, it's why many top players rarely use teleport and even then it's always a huge risk, as nearly everybody can combo and get what they want. Like I said, I just want small buffs

cyke_out

Noob
Bison has amazing horizontal control, some of the best pokes in the game and insane corner pressure. I'd love for his bad match-ups to be made slightly more manageable, Such as vs Guile. Seriously, fuck that guy, and he's my secondary! It's not as bad as Hawk vs Blanka, but it's still pretty awful.

The issue is I'm not really how to adjust that match-up without ruining other match-ups. a slight increase to Bison's damage would help. That way once he finally works his way in, he can capitalize and allow for easier comebacks.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Bison has amazing horizontal control, some of the best pokes in the game and insane corner pressure. I'd love for his bad match-ups to be made slightly more manageable, Such as vs Guile
This is exactly what I want. Maybe us Bison players are spoiled cause he only has 1 3-7 matchup but I'd like it to become a 4-6 or even 5-5 matchup. Maybe a little more priority on devil stomp or something? I don't know, I truly am very happy w/how bison is, even though he's 'mid'

cyke_out

Noob
Yeah, if we all get is faster start up on cr.Hp or some sort of hit box fix for better anti-air, I'll gladly take it.

But if I'm dreaming, I want to paint the fence ala CvS2, make it an overhead that nullifies fireballs and his U3 is a custom combo!

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
One thing That would be good for Seth is to remove the leniency on the toe taps or increase the leniency on the footdive.... because you cant tell if your holding straight down for his footdive because the toe taps come out even if you press df or db and since you need a straight down for his footdive a lot of the time you get j.HK
He's seth, he needs absolutely zero buffs of any kind.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
I'm wondering what you guys think of this change. Removing autoguard. Any attack that hits you while you're in blockstun is automatically blocked (You only need to hold back for the first hit of an HK Dan kick, the rest are guarded automatically). This allows people to mash on reversals while you're blockstringing / pressuring them. If we remove autoguard, people will have to hold back the entire time to block whatever's being thrown at you, making it more commitment based. It won't be terribly hard to reversal, since SF4's reversal window is still very large. This has been done in SF3 (Though SF3 probably didn't have autoguard because of red parries.)

Do you think this will make things too easy for the aggressor?

Scorp-Zero

Salty Shazam
I'm wondering what you guys think of this change. Removing autoguard. Any attack that hits you while you're in blockstun is automatically blocked (You only need to hold back for the first hit of an HK Dan kick, the rest are guarded automatically). This allows people to mash on reversals while you're blockstringing / pressuring them. If we remove autoguard, people will have to hold back the entire time to block whatever's being thrown at you, making it more commitment based. It won't be terribly hard to reversal, since SF4's reversal window is still very large. This has been done in SF3 (Though SF3 probably didn't have autoguard because of red parries.)

no it just means you block instead of the game doing it for you... that's fine with me

cyke_out

Noob

If you are worried about people mashing reversal in case you drop a link, then intentional stop your links in a block stun and bait the reversal for full punish. Or in the case of a Geif player churning butter during a block string, just jump so his SPD attempt misses and then full combo punish.

I have no issue with removing autoguarding, but it's not a huge enough deal to leave it in.

SF4 is very casual friendly, Autoguarding, ultra's, huge reversal window's, input shortcuts.. but all of those tricks can be easily exploited by better players. So these features make the game more playable and gives it a larger playerbase, but the better players still wins.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
SF4 is very casual friendly, Autoguarding, ultra's, huge reversal window's, input shortcuts.. but all of those tricks can be easily exploited by better players. So these features make the game more playable and gives it a larger playerbase, but the better players still wins.
This x1000

cyke_out

Noob
Autoguarding has existed in SF since SF2...that's not a casual friendly aspect lol.
You are right, I know it has been in Sf2 since the beginning. I was just listing it with the other features since it was up for debate, and I've seen the complaint of people mashing out reversal's during block strings before. I have no issue with it myself.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
If you are worried about people mashing reversal in case you drop a link, then intentional stop your links in a block stun and bait the reversal for full punish. Or in the case of a Geif player churning butter during a block string, just jump so his SPD attempt misses and then full combo punish.

I have no issue with removing autoguarding, but it's not a huge enough deal to leave it in.

That's not my main motive. Another thing removing autoaguard would do is allow for more offensive mixups. I can give you an example with Dan's Dan kicks. The MK version hits twice, and the HK version hits 3 times. If you expect the MK version, and try to reversal after the second kick, you'll get hit by the third kick since you let go of block. If you hold block the entire time in anticipation of the third kick, I can do a MK Dan kick and grab you.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
That's not my main motive. Another thing removing autoaguard would do is allow for more offensive mixups. I can give you an example with Dan's Dan kicks. The MK version hits twice, and the HK version hits 3 times. If you expect the MK version, and try to reversal after the second kick, you'll get hit by the third kick since you let go of block. If you hold block the entire time in anticipation of the third kick, I can do a MK Dan kick and grab you.
MK dan kick already has a long pause that could be mistaken for HK dan kick after conditioning. It already works lol.

Removing autoguard doesn't even help this. OS tech is usually done well into blockstun where you can't even get a normal out, so people are likely not even going to get hit, regardless of this.

Neclord

Noob
But one thing is not casual friendly in SF4. The link combos, especially 1 frame links are not easy as a beginner.