What's new

What features/balance changes/5th char would you like to see in USF4?

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I wanted to start a general discussion about the upcoming USF4. Here is what I would like to see, personally (and you're not allowed to disagree w/me):

-Dictator (MBison) needs a more consistent anti air. I'm not saying give Standing Roundhouse more priority, cause it's already IMO his best move, but he for sure needs a better anti air

-Less recovery frames on teleport would be really nice, but not needed

I know he's considered mid or upper mid, but I don't feel he needs too many changes to really compete w/the top tier. Guile is his only "bad" matchup and how many players do you run in to that know how to play him at high level? Not many

As mentioned in another thread, I hope this rumor is true about a 3rd ultra (or as others have said, you can supposedly use 2 ultras during a match). Post your thoughts!

I'd love for Sodom to be the fifth character :), he is tight and i'd probably main him. For changes, I feel the should nerf akuma, cammy, and fei long reasonably for sure. Also i'd like sagat, ryu, and bison to get a few buffs.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
Buffs for Dan
Add Alex and Karin
Add a KotH Mode
New Costume Packs (I want Cyber Akuma)
Speed up the gameplay just slightly but not to much

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I'd love for Sodom to be the fifth character :), he is tight and i'd probably main him. For changes, I feel the should nerf akuma, cammy, and fei long reasonably for sure. Also i'd like sagat, ryu, and bison to get a few buffs.
They are nerfing Akuma, Cammy and Fei but chances are slim to none on the Sodom addition though thats another I would like to see in the game as well.

They are nerfing Akuma, Cammy and Fei but chances are slim to none on the Sodom addition though thats another I would like to see in the game as well.
yeah, i'd love him as a fifth character. But we'll see what they come up with. I'm heard yang is getting buffs, and I like playing with him so that is good to hear.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
IMO, Cammy is not getting a very strong nerf. She even has her instant divekicks back, I don't see how she won't easily still be top tier at this point. And I'm a Bison player, so I hate her probably more than most do, but I'm much more of a believer in buffing chars that need it vs nerfing chars at the top

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
Ah my mistake, I assumed that the leak was legit since the other characters were confirmed. That's awesome, I was disappointed that the others were yanked from sfxt.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I want Akuma's sweep to be cancellable, and I want him to get Seth's teleport. I want vortex to be unblockable and I want the fifth character to be Ada Wong.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
I don't think Fei needed the rekka nerf, or the cr.LK nerf. I feel that a damage nerf on his first rekka, and a slight damage buff on his third rekka would've been a nice change to reward commitment to the entire chain, instead of fishing.

I'd REALLY like Dan's Koryuken to knock the opponent a bit further back. After a KRK FADC forward on some characters at point blank range, Dan actually crosses under them as he dashes. Try this out on Cammy - krk fadc forward at point blank, then neutral jump. He'll be facing the wrong way.

I also feel that since they're small kids; Yun, Yang, Ibuki sand Sakura shouldn't have any normals that do more than 100 damage (even that's pushing it). They're meant to be small and quick, racking up damage from multiple hits so I feel that their single strikes shouldn't be doing 100+ damage (I'm looking at you, Sakura far HK).

On the subject of Sakura, that bitch keeps her runaway air tatsu while every other shoto lost theirs?

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
I also feel that since they're small kids; Yun, Yang, Ibuki sand Sakura shouldn't have any normals that do more than 100 damage (even that's pushing it). They're meant to be small and quick, racking up damage from multiple hits so I feel that their single strikes shouldn't be doing 100+ damage (I'm looking at you, Sakura far HK).
Applying that logic to the rest of the cast:
-Dan should have 250 health
-Zangief should be able to grab you out of the air
-Gen should take constant damage from his cancer (or whatever the hell disease he has)

Applying real world logic to video games for balance isn't always a good thing.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Applying that logic to the rest of the cast:
-Dan should have 250 health
-Zangief should be able to grab you out of the air
-Gen should take constant damage from his cancer (or whatever the hell disease he has)

Applying real world logic to video games for balance isn't always a good thing.

Yeah, you're right. It's just that in games like CVS2, characters like Sakura and Cammy's heavy attacks did almost the same damage as Ryu and Ken's medium attacks, yet Sak and Cammy were much better - their single strikes were weak, but they could rack up many hits (Sak's sho-sho-sho), and many of their normals were very useful (Sak's far HK was hell to deal with). It just seems odd that they're getting the best of both worlds here.