What's new

What features/balance changes/5th char would you like to see in USF4?

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Why do people bring that up? Green, electrically charged monster men are no more silly than dribbling a ball, hitting a miniature one into holes, hitting one with a stick, or playing a board game with little horses, castles, kings and queens who can fly everywhere.

It's not just that, but I don't think it's so unrealistic to expect the larger, brutish characters to hit harder than the more mobile children. I'll say it again, seeing Sakura's far HP doing more damage than Balrog's just seems so wrong. Then again, I feel that Sakura's gotten away with a lot through the SF4 series.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
A better crHP hitbox and he'll be unstopable :3

I miss the tools he had in CVS2.

Air throw (Hell Wheel)
3 Crazy kicks (all cancellable into his overhead)
An overhead flip kick special
The most damaging shoryukens in the game, along with the quickest startup (2F)

In SSF4, he trades those tools for his target combo and a very good midrange game (quicker step kick, kara throw and the quickest cr.MK of all shotos). I feel like Evil Ryu and Dan have taken his place as the 'close range shotos' and Ken has been changed to the definitive 'mid-range shoto'.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah, but if you go on EHubs, many people bring up how they're tired of seeing Training Stage and how they want more stages, even character specific ones like in SF2 and SF3.

I should mention, these views don't reflect my own - I only focus on the two characters on the screen and prefer a nice, simple background instead of distracting ones.
The only reason Training Stage is used so much is because tournaments still use old PS3s, which lag sometimes on other stages.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
I miss the tools he had in CVS2.

Air throw (Hell Wheel)
3 Crazy kicks (all cancellable into his overhead)
An overhead flip kick special
The most damaging shoryukens in the game, along with the quickest startup (2F)

In SSF4, he trades those tools for his target combo and a very good midrange game (quicker step kick, kara throw and the quickest cr.MK of all shotos). I feel like Evil Ryu and Dan have taken his place as the 'close range shotos' and Ken has been changed to the definitive 'mid-range shoto'.
CVS2 stuff sounds nice, but I never played it so luckily i don't miss those. I don't know how could Ken have some of the worst SRKs in the SF4 series though.

d3v

SRK
The only reason Training Stage is used so much is because tournaments still use old PS3s, which lag sometimes on other stages.
Even on tournaments on 360 players still use the training stage.

As previously stated, top (i.e. Infiltration) have admitted to using the lines to their advantage.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
The first few messages in this thread are hilarious. No real changes just buff my characters nerf the top tiers and characters I struggle against. It's hilarious. Also that people don't pay attention to the announcements.
What I'd like to be changed
Buff Evil Ryu
Buff Balrog
Did you even read my initial first post? I clearly stated Bison does not need major changes and I said no such thing as far as nerfing top tier chars or nerfing anybody actually. Instead of trashing the entire thread w/good discussions, maybe step off of your condescending pedestal and read it all first?

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
T. Hawk is one of my favorite characters, and he already seems to be getting what he needs, from what I've seen. FADC his dp, faster walk speed, better U2? Yeah. Fuck yeah.

I'm a big Dan fan, and would love to see LK Dankicks be +1 instead of 0, since his only 3 frame normal is close standing LK, but oh well.

My main is Guile, but I haven't seen what they've announced for him yet.

TimTim

Don't Hate
Did you even read my initial first post? I clearly stated Bison does not need major changes and I said no such thing as far as nerfing top tier chars or nerfing anybody actually. Instead of trashing the entire thread w/good discussions, maybe step off of your condescending pedestal and read it all first?
From what I recall I wrote the first few posts, lemme check, oh yeah that's EXACTLY WHAT I WROTE. I never specifically mentioned your post (which btw I do disagree with I don't think M.Bison needs a consistent anti air because if he has that he should also be nerfed, maybe with the safety of his scissor kicks, that would make him over the top. I stopped playing him because I felt I was too easily rewarded for blocking 1 or 2 jump ins. Just look at Gapaga play, his spacing is soooo perfect he never get's jumped in on. M.Bison is extremely solid if I a scrub like me is able to have over 4000pp with him especially against the people I play with.)

Here are some excerpts of "the first few posts"
"Buffs for Dan"
"I feel the should nerf akuma, cammy, and fei long reasonably for sure. Also i'd like sagat, ryu, and bison to get a few buffs."

Literally no specific change just nerf or buff which is exactly what I was criticizing.
I did not contribute because this topic has been discussed to death. They've already started announcing changes so nothing people post will change their minds now, you should've participated in the capcom vote. It's obvious that half of the people who posted here don't even pay attention because after reading through 7 pages (I love a good SF4) discussion I saw the so many questions being asked that were answered 100 times.

Also as previously mentioned I did read the entire thread on my train ride to chill with some friends, so I did read your entire comment and everybody else's.

Finally I wouldn't describe my previous comment as condescending, I was just getting a crack out of some of the things I read. Now this comment, this one is condescending. I started out joking and trolling but now I'm out to prove you 100% wrong because after that response I do look down on you.
^^^^^
Don't take that last thing too harshly I'm a very nice person and I have no hard feelings but I don't like ignorance and I'm very competitive/argumentative.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
bunch of nonsense
Ok, your post said "the first few posts". So my post was the first one. I took that as an attack on me, cause of the way you worded it. Maybe take your time when you post? You can agree or disagree until you turn blue in the face, but if you act like a shit, people will call you on it. I'm a smart person, I didn't say anything ignorant. Reread what you said and stop acting surprised I responded the way I did.

As for the "I'm a nice person so I'm going to use this as an excuse to troll", again, don't act like some nice guy and respond in the way you did, you're still acting condescending. You're still acting like an elitist and I can care less if you want to attempt to pick apart my posts, if you have that much free time, maybe you need to get your life in order

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
Ok, your post said "the first few posts". So my post was the first one. I took that as an attack on me, cause of the way you worded it. Maybe take your time when you post? You can agree or disagree until you turn blue in the face, but if you act like a shit, people will call you on it. I'm a smart person, I didn't say anything ignorant. Reread what you said and stop acting surprised I responded the way I did.

As for the "I'm a nice person so I'm going to use this as an excuse to troll", again, don't act like some nice guy and respond in the way you did, you're still acting condescending. You're still acting like an elitist and I can care less if you want to attempt to pick apart my posts, if you have that much free time, maybe you need to get your life in order
He clearly thought that if he trolled the SF thread his TYM popularity was going to go up. I mean why else would you click on a thread that has been "discussed to death" if you were not planning to troll or try to troll.

TimTim

Don't Hate

"I'm a nice person so I'm going to use this as an excuse to troll"
1. When did I say "I'm a nice person so I'm going to use this as an excuse to troll" Putting words in my mouth or rather text in my comments is seriously a dick move. Like even worse than what I wrote.
2. I'm deeply sorry that I didn't take my time to write the posts following the very first post. You don't know me maybe I don't count the OP as among the first few posts because for combo threads I look as the OP as just the storage/database. That's right I said you don't know me. I never specifically called you out so stop taking offense from my comment. I even put a lot of effort into clearing things up with you.
Anyways everybody trolls are you going to call out every single asshole?
3. I was not acting condescending in the first post do you even know what that means. Condescending people and assholes, although similar are not the same. Condescending people look down on everyone, trolls and assholes just criticize others. Not necessarily having a feeling of superiority.
4. I'm in the best high school in NYC, just came home from my job at an Architecture internship, my beautiful girlfriend is in Italy and when I graduate I'll be taken into a special medical program that provides an M.D. in only 6 years. My life is in check, I just have spare time because I work hard.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
I'm a big Dan fan, and would love to see LK Dankicks be +1 instead of 0, since his only 3 frame normal is close standing LK, but oh well.
If you hit a crouch blocking opponent, he's usually at +3 or better (you can't even grab them immediately after they crouch-block a knee). It pretty much makes up for the fact that he has no overhead.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I even put a lot of effort into clearing things up with you
You ended your post w/this

"I started out joking and trolling but now I'm out to prove you 100% wrong because after that response I do look down on you.
^^^^^
Don't take that last thing too harshly I'm a very nice person and I have no hard feelings but I don't like ignorance and I'm very competitive/argumentative"

Yes, this is great effort on your part to "clear things up". I'm not interested in a pissing contest and I'm enjoying this thread. If you reply in some adolescent threatening matter about trying to prove me wrong just for the sake of arguing, you're basically saying you're an immature child and I honestly have no interest in arguing w/a child. Post in the thread or don't, and my response is simple, if you act condescending people will call you on it. There is nothing confusing about what I'm saying

TimTim

Don't Hate
Actually I do have a request for capcom that I'll post in this thread. They need to give you the option to completely mute BGM.

You ended your post w/this

"I started out joking and trolling but now I'm out to prove you 100% wrong because after that response I do look down on you.
^^^^^
Don't take that last thing too harshly I'm a very nice person and I have no hard feelings but I don't like ignorance and I'm very competitive/argumentative"

Yes, this is great effort on your part to "clear things up". I'm not interested in a pissing contest and I'm enjoying this thread. If you reply in some adolescent threatening matter about trying to prove me wrong just for the sake of arguing, you're basically saying you're an immature child and I honestly have no interest in arguing w/a child. Post in the thread or don't, and my response is simple, if you act condescending people will call you on it. There is nothing confusing about what I'm saying

The joking and trolling was regarding my very first post, my second post which I intended to be condescending was not a troll thread but my attempt to prove you wrong. And I get a kick out of arguing, so do most lawyers. I like winning and getting my points across. Doesn't mean I'm immature it's my personality.

And I accidentally pressed the post reply but, you the person scouting the thread just for my response told me to get my life in order.

And what didn't I clear up between me and you?
He clearly thought that if he trolled the SF thread his TYM popularity was going to go up. I mean why else would you click on a thread that has been "discussed to death" if you were not planning to troll or try to troll.

Well it's very shallow for you to think I made a joke on a thread to gain popularity. Didn't even know that was a thing I was just checking some of my bookmarked websites for updates, and as previously mentioned I like to read posts about Street Fighter, read some of the first few posts and made a joke.
However I'm pretty sure you're calling me out because I quoted you and I guess for some reason you were offended by something on the internet.
There were also many buffs suggested with some reasoning behind them, such as my suggestions for Fei and Dan, and one post that went into good detail about some Makoto buffs.
I'd love to see your suggestions I honestly don't know what to do to Fei. I though reducing the range of his rekkas and increasing start up of lp rekka to reduce some of his punish options would be fair game and in return let him have 3 hits on flame kick fadc chicken wing on every character. Maybe a little more damage on the ultra juggle.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Here are three more character specific changes I've thought of:

Rose - A reflected projectile still counts against the opponent's projectile limit, so they have to actively avoid the projectile instead of being able to nullify it.

Cammy - Non-cinematic U1 does a whopping 390. More than Metsu Hadoken. It seems odd that her ultra does so much as a non-cinematic, when Ken's 500 damage U1 does 330 non-cinematic (They are going to buff his U1 non-cinematic damage though, so that's cool). I still think going from 480 to 390 is still being too lenient for Cammy. Something like 330 seems more reasonable to me.

Zangief - I feel that currently, his running bear grab isn't useful enough. It's a move that we only see when the opponent is out of range for atomic suplex. I feel that the startup should be lowered a bit and that he should run slightly faster, but perhaps the damage should also go down to keep the move in check. It puts the opponent much closer to the corner and leaves him at a fairly good spot after the grab.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
I'd love to see your suggestions I honestly don't know what to do to Fei. I though reducing the range of his rekkas and increasing start up of lp rekka to reduce some of his punish options would be fair game and in return let him have 3 hits on flame kick fadc chicken wing on every character. Maybe a little more damage on the ultra juggle.
My suggestion wasn't nearly as elaborate. It was just that the first rekka in each chain should have its damage and chip lowered a bit, but the third hit should be slightly stronger to better reward commitment to the chain instead of fishing for hits with the first rekka. Perhaps buffing the hitbox on the final hit of his U1 would allow him to juggle some characters better with it. If he manages to juggle with all 3 hits of U1, he gets 285 damage (before scaling)

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
If you hit a crouch blocking opponent, he's usually at +3 or better (you can't even grab them immediately after they crouch-block a knee). It pretty much makes up for the fact that he has no overhead.
Hmm. OK. Thanks. I'm fairly new to the "I love Dan" club, but I've been picking him up and he's really fun. I was reading in some of the SRK threads that you can do it meaty and end up with like +5 or stuff like that, but I didn't know it made a difference just hitting it on a crouching opponent.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
TimTim you quoting me did nothing cause my post was a joke. Everytime someone makes a SF thread ppl ask for Dan buffs so I was getting it out of the way early. You should really stop contradicting yourself though I mean your the one that came in this thread and started insulting ppls posts so no point in trying to act like your better than anyone here now.

TimTim

Don't Hate
My suggestion wasn't nearly as elaborate. It was just that the first rekka in each chain should have its damage and chip lowered a bit, but the third hit should be slightly stronger to better reward commitment to the chain instead of fishing for hits with the first rekka. Perhaps buffing the hitbox on the final hit of his U1 would allow him to juggle some characters better with it. If he manages to juggle with all 3 hits of U1, he gets 285 damage (before scaling)
Mmmmhhhh I sure do love numbers. Now those are some changes I'd like to see.
But the rose thing I don't agree with. Decreasing the recovery on it allowing a better approach would be a much more powerful and thought provoking option. But if they decrease it too much it could be broken.