What's new

What features/balance changes/5th char would you like to see in USF4?

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
Depends on who the 5th character is. If the character really appeals to me I'll pick him/her up but I doubt I'll drop my main 2. I'm not gonna change based on balance changes (lowering damage on X, making Y more punishable) unless they change aspects I like about the characters I play- Gen stances & Makoto's speed

AK-Israel

I'm Back
Depends on who the 5th character is. If the character really appeals to me I'll pick him/her up but I doubt I'll drop my main 2. I'm not gonna change based on balance changes (lowering damage on X, making Y more punishable) unless they change aspects I like about the characters I play- Gen stances & Makoto's speed
Well the 5th char could possibility be Decapre.....Basically clone of cammy with a mask and claw

K3DC

Noob
I want to see Alex or Sean. Evil Ryu needs some improvements, +50 health and improve his dive kick (lower start up) and teleport (Less Recovery). Personally I think his ax kick should be an OVERHEAD, the animation looks like it does, but only the EX version actually does. I highly doubt he'll get it, but it would be sweet if he got an Ultra Demon.

The one simple change I want to see:

Add a 3-frame window to the end of all normal moves where input is buffered.

This does not mean adding 3 frames to the move- just allowing the last 3 frames of that move to be treated as input-ready.

AK-Israel

I'm Back
The one simple change I want to see:

Add a 3-frame window to the end of all normal moves where input is buffered.

This does not mean adding 3 frames to the move- just allowing the last 3 frames of that move to be treated as input-ready.
To make links easier to do?

Good idea,but then again you're gonna have people bitch and whine about chars who have damaging combos that require 1 - Frame links (Ex.Evil Ryu)
haha, definitely

But to those people I'd say Capcom shouldn't be using execution-difficulty to balance things. Instead of making moves that are over-powered difficult to perform, why not just make them no longer over-powered?

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
Execution difficulty can technically be a good balancing tool in rare cases. For example, if Zangief's light SPD or Ultra 2 was one button, it'd be a much better move.

Execution difficulty can technically be a good balancing tool in rare cases. For example, if Zangief's light SPD or Ultra 2 was one button, it'd be a much better move.
In some cases, namely special moves, if they cannot figure out anothet way to make it balanced.

But not for normals. It needs to change.

Flagg

Noob
No profit.....no patch
I wish they'd try. If UMK 9 was a flop, then fair enough. I mean damn, they sold 3 mil copies of MK9, they know the game is popular.

Anyways, I dont want to derail the thread. Just seems while everyone here is pissing and moaning about IGAU and MK 9, Capcom fanbase is eagerly anticipating the next installment of SSF IV.

That's cool that someone has pinpointed down the unblockable issue, and that Capcom have seemingly come up with a clever way to fix it without stating some BS about how the whole game engine would be ruined, etc.

hmm… Not sure I really understand exactly what that means lol

But I'm not sure it will turn 1-frame links into 2-frame links. If there's still no traditional input buffer at all, it won't matter how many extra frames a move has- so long as ending advantage remains the same and inputs are not accepted until the last move is done.

Input buffer generally works by making it so a button pressed that did not result in an output, "repeats" for the next 4 frames or so until it leads to an output or the buffer period ends and nothing happens.

http://www.sirlin.net/blog/2012/7/16/execution-in-fighting-games.html