What's new

What features/balance changes/5th char would you like to see in USF4?

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
Here are three more character specific changes I've thought of:

Rose - A reflected projectile still counts against the opponent's projectile limit, so they have to actively avoid the projectile instead of being able to nullify it.
I agree 100% with this

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
TimTim you quoting me did nothing cause my post was a joke. Everytime someone makes a SF thread ppl ask for Dan buffs so I was getting it out of the way early. You should really stop contradicting yourself though I mean your the one that came in this thread and started insulting ppls posts so no point in trying to act like your better than anyone here now.
Don't feed the troll. He already said he's a lawyer and enjoys arguing, so it's not even a matter of proving him right or wrong anymore. There are people who you can't use logic w/, don't bother

TimTim

Don't Hate
TimTim you quoting me did nothing cause my post was a joke. Everytime someone makes a SF thread ppl ask for Dan buffs so I was getting it out of the way early. You should really stop contradicting yourself though I mean your the one that came in this thread and started insulting ppls posts so no point in trying to act like your better than anyone here now.
How was I supposed to know you were kidding? Some people actually do want Dan Buffs and aren't kidding.
Not sure where I contradicted myself.
Didn't try to insult anyone, I was fooling around.
Not really sure why you think I think I'm better than anyone else. Because he called me out on being condescending and as a response I acted condescending? If you can't see the purpose in that you shouldn't bother responding.

Just like the "Buff Dan" post your response was vague, didn't really have a purpose (although thanks for letting me in on the joke I wasn't really aware. Never saw it happen on the SRK forums but maybe I just wasn't paying attention) and was a waste of my time.
I'll be glad to apologize, admit I'm wrong, and stop arguing but actually need to give me a reason to. Until then just stop.

TimTim

Don't Hate
Don't feed the troll. He already said he's a lawyer and enjoys arguing, so it's not even a matter of proving him right or wrong anymore. There are people who you can't use logic w/, don't bother
Never said I was a layer, you never proved me wrong, you never even bothered using logic. Way to completely avoid the subject and any actual argument I made because you had absolutely no intelligent response for them.

You never even answered this. It's a very simple question.
"And what didn't I clear up between me and you?"
Don't even get me started on all the other intelligent responses I made and you just ignored.

You see me as a troll because you refuse to read and understand anything I'm saying. In my eyes it just makes you look ignorant.
Calling me a troll doesn't make you right, just makes you look lazy.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
In the current version of AE2012, I don't really feel that Dan needs buffs to compete. The KRK FADC crossing under Cammy is an annoyance, but not devastating to his gameplay. His normals are much better than people think with several allowing him to frame trap. Knee pressure is also amazing.

If everyone else is getting buffs in USF4 and Dan needs some to compete with the rest of the cast, the best I can really think of are as follows:

- Super taunt is useless. If you can do HP xx gadoken xx super taunt xx U1, you can instead just do HP xx ex Gadoken FADC U1 for more damage and less meter. I'd say it should give a passive buff to his ultras, like having U1 do 10% less scaling if coming off a super taunt (They could accomplish this by scaling U1 as a super instead of an ultra). U2 could juggle for all 6 hits off a super taunt (The last hit does 68 instead of 60, and this is the hit that does not juggle if you do KRK FADC forward U2).

(If you want a comparison, Cl.HP xx Gadoken xx super taunt xx U1 does 490 damage. Cl.HP xx ex Gadoken FADC U1 does about 530)

- Gadoken having slightly less startup. Instead of decreasing startup across the board, I suggest that LP Gadoken have its startup reduced the most, MP gadoken have its startup reduced a bit less and HP Gadoken can keep the same startup. I'd say it's fair because the range of LP Gadoken is very small, so even if cr.MK xx LP Gadoken becomes a blockstring, it's still range specific.

- Koryuken launches SLIGHTLY further on hit. This ensures that Dan never crosses under his opponent after a Koryuken FADC forward at point blank range. Sometimes when I do Koryuken FADC forward U2, I end up ex Dan kicking because I crossed under while inputting.

FUN FACT!! Did you know that despite all of Dan's Gadokens doing 70 damage, LP Gadoken does 2 more chip damage than the MP and HP versions? Very interesting.

AK-Israel

I'm Back
So this is me wondering(don't if someone mention this already),since the title has Ultra in it are they gonna do something with the chars's Ultra?

Also has anyone heard of any tweaks been down on the top tier chars???

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
So this is me wondering(don't if someone mention this already),since the title has Ultra in it are they gonna do something with the chars's Ultra?

Also has anyone heard of any tweaks been down on the top tier chars???
The rumor is they are going to let us use both Ultras instead of picking one before the match.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Hahaha Don't you think thats a little OP ?

I'm thinking that you have the option to pick U1, U2, or both. I'm also going to imagine that picking both will cut the power of each Ultra by roughly half. Imagine Gief with full powered U1 and U2 simultaneously, that's the stuff of nightmares right there....

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
I'm wondering what you guys think of changing the damage of throws to better match the character's power - some examples

Cammy - Forward and back throw 140 -> 120
Gouki - Forward throw 130 -> 120
Sakura - Back throw 135 -> 120
Balrog - Forward and back throw 130 -> 140
Ken - Back throw 130 -> 140
T.Hawk - Forward throw 130 -> 150
Makoto - Forward throw 200 -> 250 stun
Makoto - back throw 130 -> 140
Ibuki - 130 -> 120
Rose - 140 -> 130
Yang Back throw 130 -> 120

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Shouldn't back throw and front throws all have the same damage cross the board?

Just wanna know what y'all think

I personally would disagree. I feel that slow and powerful characters should hit hard, and that it should extend to their throws as well. I also believe the reverse - weak and quick characters should have weaker throws, generally because of their speed and quick / safe normals and their already high comboability.

AK-Israel

I'm Back
Ok I understand,I just wanna get that out the way cause somebody was gonna disagree with it lol.

Here's anothet suggestion Heavy chars get more damage of throws,but smaller and weaker chars have the ability get unblockables,safe jumps,etc off their throws?