What's new

Top 5, Top 10 or irrelevant (as of Kombat Pack 1 conclusion)

Who is the current top 10?

• Cassie

Votes: 146 39.5%
  • D'Vorah

Votes: 188 50.8%
  • Erron Black

Votes: 80 21.6%
  • Jason

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Jax

Votes: 56 15.1%
  • Kitana

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Kung Jin

Votes: 21 5.7%
  • Kung Lao

Votes: 316 85.4%
  • Liu Kang

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • Predator

Votes: 244 65.9%
  • Quan

Votes: 115 31.1%
  • Raiden

Votes: 91 24.6%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Shinnok

Votes: 243 65.7%
  • Sonya

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Sub Zero

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Tanya

Votes: 144 38.9%
  • Tremor

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • Ermac

Votes: 9 2.4%

• Total voters

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
your kidding right? how can i take this serisouly when Takedas NJP is not an option by itself.. how can i vote for this 5 times? ....

joking aside... damn, takedas not even on this list.. i dont know to feel happy or sad.. is this what Drake feels like ?

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
accidentally picked cassie instead of d'vorah damnit

edit: since everyone is giving theirs i might as well give mine
1. predator
2. shinock
3. kung lao
4. d'vorah
5. tanya
6. cassie
7. raiden
8. quan chi
9. jax
10. liu kang

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
ok so as August 12, 2015 @ of 3:55pm est, the CURRENT top 10 are(based on poll ):

Kung Lao
Predator
Shinnok
D'Vorah
Cassie
Tanya
Quan
EB
Raiden
Jax

Does this seem right? Can we roll with this?
Almost. Only because I feel like Tanya and Raiden are going to fall off and give way to Johnny and Liu. But then there's Tremor. And Kitana. And Ermac. Sub-Zero and Kung Jin are still good. Sonya and Jason are still really underplayed. Cutthroat Kano. Ferra/Torr. And there's the ever-looming possibilities of Kombat Pack 2.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: the lines of viability between cast members are way too fucking thin to so plainly weigh one over the other.
At this point, it'd be easier to debate who's left that ISNT potentially top tier material.

trufenix

bye felicia
I am very pleased with the way this is turning out. I believe my next project will to deduce the bottom 10, though that will require a little more analysis before I feel confident enough in making a poll.

Keep voting, people!

Went with (in no order) D'Vorah, Shinnok, Kung Lao, Tanya, and Quan Chi.

Out of those 5, I could see bumping Quan due to bad wakeup, but I still firmly believe he's the best character in the game when he's on offense. Predator and Tremor just seem too untested right now at high level play. Even with all of the play they received at ESL, they still bowed to the mighty Shinnok.

I give it all a month tops. Maybe two.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
In order. (MY OPINION)
Lao (Tempest)
Predator (HQT)
Shinnok (Bone Shaper)
Quan Chi (Summoner)
Liu Kang (Dragons Fire)

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
And Lao has decent dmg no need to be toned down and even if they did he still would be top tier because of his design. Y'all bitching now wait till the hit box issues are fixed for the cast. Oh and fyi watch out for A list Johnny.
Explain good sir?

VOR

Noob
Definitive top 4 just like injustice and mk9. Hunter Predator, tempest Kung Lao, swarm queen D'vorrah, bone shaper shinnok

Kung Lao
Predator
Shinnok
Tanya
D'Vorah

Not necessarily in that order- Kung Lao is definitely King Broken, but I'd group Predator, Shinnok, and Tanya as equal Dukes and Dutchess of Brokenberg. D'Vorah would then be the last of that top 5 given I hesitated to choose her, she's the only one that doesn't outright feel "Broken Tier" to me.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
No 50/50s, semi decent pokes. Slow movement, slow teleport, slow projectiles etc.

No. Slow movement? He's one of the most mobile characters in the game?

Slow teleport? Compared to some others, sure, but 100% usable with conditioning and on a read from full screen.

Kung Lao is a rushdown character. He doesn't need a fast projectile.

And he certainly doesn't need 50/50s.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Kung Lao
Predator
Shinnok
Tanya
D'Vorah

Not necessarily in that order- Kung Lao is definitely King Broken, but I'd group Predator, Shinnok, and Tanya as equal Dukes and Dutchess of Brokenberg. D'Vorah would then be the last of that top 5 given I hesitated to choose her, she's the only one that doesn't outright feel "Broken Tier" to me.
Lao is broken he is just op

I picked shinnok (bs)

Predator (hqt/hunter)

D'vorah (sq) I can't believe she doesn't make some peoples top 5, she's insane

Kung Lao (tempest)

And last spot was a toss up between Tanya, Quan, and Cassie where I chose Cassie

I lol'd at Shinnok and the votes he got. Up playing to the max because of ONE variation that's going to receive the shaft and everyone is going to go back to Impostor. Jason needs more love as he is COMPLETELY dangerous in Slasher and Relentless. It's amazing how good his pressure is and how downplayed he is.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
My top 10 are:

Tempest Kung Lao
Boneshaper Shinnok
Hunter/HQT Predator
Swarm Queen D'vorah
Kobu Tanya
Hollywood/Spec Ops Cassie
Thunder God Raiden
Outlaw Erron Black
Summoner Quan Chi
Jax (All 3 variations)

My top 10 are:

Tempest Kung Lao
Boneshaper Shinnok
Hunter/HQT Predator
Swarm Queen D'vorah
Kobu Tanya
Hollywood/Spec Ops Cassie
Thunder God Raiden
Outlaw Erron Black
Summoner Quan Chi
Jax (All 3 variations
)
You really believe that all three variations of Jex is really good? I'd say that Pumped Up is maybe his better variation but wrestler and heavy weapons is meh. Summoner Quan Chi is probably the best zoner in the game and in the corner the best offensive-capable player but he lacks any true wakeups (outside of Warlock) and his defensive options are lacking (no armor on anything which makes Kano look tame). Outlaw Erron Black is okay but Marksman is much better. Much better and safer cancels in Marksman, much better damage off of conversions, probably one of the pest rushdown characters in this variation and he has amazing armor in this variation too. Marksman is definitely slept on in favor for Sonicfox's Outlaw.

Shinnok Boneshaper has so many holes in his pressure. Too many gaps after F2213 and the gun just only staggers the opponent for a small amount of time. So anything outside of a throw in that "vortex", is really punishable and can be countered pretty easily. His damage is okay but Impostor has the better vortex and much better damage off of conversions. Plus, Mimicry leads to some pretty nice conditioning with Hell sparks added too. I also disagree with Cassie Cage's placement, but you named Spec Ops as a reason and for that, I agree that that variation is an amazing one.