What's new

Top 5, Top 10 or irrelevant (as of Kombat Pack 1 conclusion)

Who is the current top 10?

• Cassie

Votes: 146 39.5%
  • D'Vorah

Votes: 188 50.8%
  • Erron Black

Votes: 80 21.6%
  • Jason

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Jax

Votes: 56 15.1%
  • Kitana

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Kung Jin

Votes: 21 5.7%
  • Kung Lao

Votes: 316 85.4%
  • Liu Kang

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • Predator

Votes: 244 65.9%
  • Quan

Votes: 115 31.1%
  • Raiden

Votes: 91 24.6%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Shinnok

Votes: 243 65.7%
  • Sonya

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Sub Zero

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Tanya

Votes: 144 38.9%
  • Tremor

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • Ermac

Votes: 9 2.4%

• Total voters

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I still think people are upplaying Shinnok and downplaying Jason WAY too much on these forums.
I feel like people are upplaying both shinnok and the pred because they are a new threat and are scared of them. Erron black, on the other hand, was forgotten for some reason. Still think that the pred is top1 and bone shaper is super solid tho. And yes, jason is good.

D'vorah Tanya Erron Black Kung Lao and Predator I dont see an argument for anyone else besides maybe kitana. These are based off of tourney results for 4 of the 5, and predator is just known for being broken lol
Agreed, yes. What he said, yes.

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
My Top 5. (No specific order)

Tanya(Kobu Jutsu)
Cassie(Hollywood/Spec Ops)
Predator(Hunter/HGT)
Shinnok(Bone Shaper)
Kung Lao(Tempest)

The rest of my top 10. (No specific order)
Jax(All variations)
Raiden(Thunder God)
D"Vorah(Swarm Queen)
Erron Black(Outlaw)
Quan Chi(Summoner)

Mod

Noob
Can someone explain to me how predator is considered best character in the game? I dont know maybe i just havnt fought aoverwelming predator yet but i cant see exactly how hes up there.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
predator is too weak punishing and defensively imo to be #1. Definitely top 10, probably top 5, maybe top 3, but I'm just not seeing numero uno

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
okay, when he's got you in his offense, just block or go for a safe ex reversal if you want to.
Lao can be kept out of his own offense by characters with stronger normals.
A safe EX reversal...how many of those are in the game?
Who are these characters with stronger normals than Lao? Beating him in neutral is extremely hard.

Kung Lao offensive is top 2-3, his defense is top 2 in the game, his mobility is one of the best. He is the best character, no weak points at all.
Some say he can't open you up because of the lack of a 50-50...but there are many ways to open up an opponent, this game is not about 50-50 anymore.

And I'm not talking only about Tempest, Buzzsaw is a top 5 variation too.

SLH7671

When in doubt, armor out.
In no particular order: Shinnok, Quan, Raiden, Predator, Lao.
Best guessing game, best zoning, best corner carry + damage, potentially best overall, and best mobility.

I feel like Predator would be #1 if I had to choose.
I hate that we have to call shit in this game "guessing"

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Can someone explain to me how predator is considered best character in the game? I dont know maybe i just havnt fought aoverwelming predator yet but i cant see exactly how hes up there.
Ppl see Sonic Fox do work with him online, see a couple of combo videos, and overreact. He hasn't done much in tournaments and a Sonic Fox is good no matter who he plays with. Predator isn't a bad character, but this community loves hasty judgments...

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Ppl see Sonic Fox do work with him online, see a couple of combo videos, and overreact. He hasn't done much in tournaments and a Sonic Fox is good no matter who he plays with. Predator isn't a bad character, but this community loves hasty judgments...
same argument could be made for error black, yet people continue to put EB in their top 5 lists as well

You really believe that all three variations of Jex is really good? I'd say that Pumped Up is maybe his better variation but wrestler and heavy weapons is meh.
ive had more than 1.3k games with jax online and u couldnt be more wrong Pumped up is hes "worst" variation. This nigga got mixups up his ass, b2 ~ OH dash punch is a safe 18 frame launcher due to the fact that the OH DP only comes out on hit and b2 is -8 on block with pushback.

- 6 frame starter 12 (which by itself breaks any armored specials slower than 11 frames), 123 low ender that can be canceled into gotcha grab ( -4) to be safe and uninterruptable or be used with OH Dash punch as a 50/50,

-111 works exactly like JCs but its 6 frames and the last hit is an overhead (-9) 11 recovers almost instantly, throwing people after will catch people off guard waiting for the Last hit.

- 12d3 a low feint that can be tick throwed as wrestler and basically gives him additional command grab mixups

- 124 gives him a tick throw in the corner that works on hit AND on block

- +7 on block energy wave that will catch people offguard respecting the OH DP

- d12 is a 7 frames ZODlike poke that also breaks armor AND can either be canceled into Quad grab for a Tick throw Or into Gotcha grab to be safe, ALso ducks under high projectiles while moving forward.

- f3 and F212 THis are both on top 5 of the best footsie tools in the game f3 into quad grab is a tick throw f3 into energy wave is +7 in HW he can rocket cancel it to bait an armor reversal, F2(1)2 at any point is + on block if it wasn't low profilable this would be insanely gud in Neutral but its still very gud.

-b121 an 11 frames mid to prevent people from ducking/poking after hes + frames just like d12 AND as u may have guessed is also + on block

Wrestler is the most dangerous from all of them since he already breaks pretty much 80% of armored reversals the +3 restand and 1% more damage in Pumped up is kinda Redundant, If u block Wrestler will grab u, if try to armor reversal hes pressure he can break ur armor , if u try to poke he can d12 or b12 try to backdash and slightly delayed f3 or f2 will catch you And one combo wall carries into the corner where he can do 52% for one bar.

You consider that "meh"?