What's new

Top 5, Top 10 or irrelevant (as of Kombat Pack 1 conclusion)

Who is the current top 10?

• Cassie

Votes: 146 39.5%
  • D'Vorah

Votes: 188 50.8%
  • Erron Black

Votes: 80 21.6%
  • Jason

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Jax

Votes: 56 15.1%
  • Kitana

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Kung Jin

Votes: 21 5.7%
  • Kung Lao

Votes: 316 85.4%
  • Liu Kang

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • Predator

Votes: 244 65.9%
  • Quan

Votes: 115 31.1%
  • Raiden

Votes: 91 24.6%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Shinnok

Votes: 243 65.7%
  • Sonya

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Sub Zero

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Tanya

Votes: 144 38.9%
  • Tremor

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • Ermac

Votes: 9 2.4%

• Total voters

Schuyler

Noob
ok so as of August 12, 2015 @ 3:55pm est, the CURRENT top 10 are(based on poll ):

Kung Lao
Predator
Shinnok
D'Vorah
Cassie
Tanya
Quan
EB
Raiden
Jax

Does this seem right? Can we roll with this?
I don't agree with the order but that's defiantly correct.

Lao
pred
shinnok
tanya
Quan
cassie
D'vorah ( cassie and D'vorah may be switched thats a hard one)
Jax
Erron African American ( jax and EB can also be switched another hard one)
Raiden

Ppl see Sonic Fox do work with him online, see a couple of combo videos, and overreact. He hasn't done much in tournaments and a Sonic Fox is good no matter who he plays with. Predator isn't a bad character, but this community loves hasty judgments...
same argument could be made for error black, yet people continue to put EB in their top 5 lists as well
Sonicfox sure plays some part as representing those chars in tournies but u guys are really ignoring the fact that :

Erron black has the best CMD in the game

Predator has a 23 frames launcher that goes about 3/4 of the screen which nets him easy 30% combos and an extremely long reach b2 which is a High but due to the games design will hit u unless u dont block or are female

Erron black has a 25/25/25/25 coin flip string which if u have no meter and he ends it with mb sand grenade u have to eat the follow up mixup

Predator gets 50% in the corner and very easy 40%+ midscreen for one bar

Erron black has more tick throws than the actual "grapplers" in this game 12 or 13

Predator HQT has the best zoning in the game covering the whole screen And can cancel those same zoning tools for pressure upclose

Predator pretty much wont let u wakeup unless ur Jax or u have a teleport

Predator has better corner trap game than Sub zero

Predator does much more damage with the stupid unblockable throw into trap setups

Erron has been nerfed quite gud And the NerfBat will soon strike the Apex Predator.

Schuyler

Noob
people LOVE upplaying kitana as SOON as Fox started using her and its sickening. Kitana has no place in the top 10. Maybe 11 but kung jin might be there.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Sonicfox sure plays some part as representing those chars in tournies but u guys are really ignoring the fact that :

Erron black has a 25/25/25/25 coin flip string which if u have no meter and he ends it with mb sand grenade u have to eat the follow up mixup
calling 21122 a 25/25/25/25 coin flip string is absolutely ridiculous. Its good, sure, but if you knew the matchup (which you clearly don't, because then you would know that there is no gap in 21122xxEX grenade to armor, and you can let yourself out by taking the last hit) you would know that certain cancel points are much more preferable than others making the read much more manageable. You get a full combo punish if you guess right, so it's a dangerous a game for EB himself.

Erron black has more tick throws than the actual "grapplers" in this game 12 or 13
Who has what tool is completely irrelevant.

Honestly, just listing off a character's strengths (and claiming I was ignoring them) is a pretty silly way to frame an argument about a character's place in the tier list. Erron is a great character, but people think he is way better than he is because 1) Sonic gets results with him and 2) The average TYM poster is content in not learning match ups and preach based on surface impressions

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Are people slightly sleeping on Sonya or did she suddenly become a terrible character? No one talked about her and even Scorpion and Subzero got more votes than her. :DOGE

ive had more than 1.3k games with jax online and u couldnt be more wrong Pumped up is hes "worst" variation. This nigga got mixups up his ass, b2 ~ OH dash punch is a safe 18 frame launcher due to the fact that the OH DP only comes out on hit and b2 is -8 on block with pushback.

- 6 frame starter 12 (which by itself breaks any armored specials slower than 11 frames), 123 low ender that can be canceled into gotcha grab ( -4) to be safe and uninterruptable or be used with OH Dash punch as a 50/50,

-111 works exactly like JCs but its 6 frames and the last hit is an overhead (-9) 11 recovers almost instantly, throwing people after will catch people off guard waiting for the Last hit.

- 12d3 a low feint that can be tick throwed as wrestler and basically gives him additional command grab mixups

- 124 gives him a tick throw in the corner that works on hit AND on block

- +7 on block energy wave that will catch people offguard respecting the OH DP

- d12 is a 7 frames ZODlike poke that also breaks armor AND can either be canceled into Quad grab for a Tick throw Or into Gotcha grab to be safe, ALso ducks under high projectiles while moving forward.

- f3 and F212 THis are both on top 5 of the best footsie tools in the game f3 into quad grab is a tick throw f3 into energy wave is +7 in HW he can rocket cancel it to bait an armor reversal, F2(1)2 at any point is + on block if it wasn't low profilable this would be insanely gud in Neutral but its still very gud.

-b121 an 11 frames mid to prevent people from ducking/poking after hes + frames just like d12 AND as u may have guessed is also + on block

Wrestler is the most dangerous from all of them since he already breaks pretty much 80% of armored reversals the +3 restand and 1% more damage in Pumped up is kinda Redundant, If u block Wrestler will grab u, if try to armor reversal hes pressure he can break ur armor , if u try to poke he can d12 or b12 try to backdash and slightly delayed f3 or f2 will catch you And one combo wall carries into the corner where he can do 52% for one bar.

You consider that "meh"?
Chill with the bolded part please.

Again, I've never played Jax but from the Jax's I have seen and played against and have talked with a few Jax mains who all agree that Pumped Up is the better variation of his.

people LOVE upplaying kitana as SOON as Fox started using her and its sickening. Kitana has no place in the top 10. Maybe 11 but kung jin might be there.
I said that without the SonicFox part and I still got blown up about it. I'll say this in light of this conversation that Kitana is not upper mid tier, just mid tier.

ando1184

Noob
Kitana is top 10 because of unbreakable damage, really good pressure in mournful, and very good mobility. SF just showed he can play any character with good tools that's all, I really don't think people are up playing her. She's a Sid character now and definitely fits in the top 10 slots imo.

Schuyler

Noob
Kitana is top 10 because of unbreakable damage, really good pressure in mournful, and very good mobility. SF just showed he can play any character with good tools that's all, I really don't think people are up playing her. She's a Sid character now and definitely fits in the top 10 slots imo.
Cassie
D'vorah
EB
jax
kung lao
Pred
Quan
raiden
shinnok
Tanya

Those are 10 charcters who are all better than kitana. Shes number 11 if that cause kung jin is still pretty good. And in this game number 11 or 12 is pretty damn good. hell number 20s good theres only a few truly nonviable characters kitanas good just not top 10 good. That list isnt in order btw.

ando1184

Noob
Cassie
D'vorah
EB
jax
kung lao
Pred
Quan
raiden
shinnok
Tanya

Those are 10 charcters who are all better than kitana. Shes number 11 if that cause kung jin is still pretty good. And in this game number 11 or 12 is pretty damn good. hell number 20s good theres only a few truly nonviable characters kitanas good just not top 10 good. That list isnt in order btw.
Yeh i didn't think that list was ordered and I agree with it mostly but some characters could possibly not be considered top 10 like Tanya, raiden, and maybe jax. Since the nerfs raiden and Tanya lost a lot of their threat factor imo, only MoS raiden is being played and it's much easier to deal with over the rest of the list and Tanya seems like she got hit like black Adam from injustice. She's still good but has to work a lot harder than before and she just seems more limited overall than kitana imo. Like I said, since kitana has mournful (which is a very solid variation), I think that covers her matchups that she has trouble in RS and vice versa. She builds meter very well, does unbreakable damage (which later on I'm sure we will see more use of), great mobility, high combo damage, and good pressure/chip traps (mournful), as well as overhead fullscreen projectiles (mournful), if that's not a top 10 character in a fighting game then idk what is. I also noticed you didn't list LK in your list, why not?

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
Yeh i didn't think that list was ordered and I agree with it mostly but some characters could possibly not be considered top 10 like Tanya, raiden, and maybe jax. Since the nerfs raiden and Tanya lost a lot of their threat factor imo, only MoS raiden is being played and it's much easier to deal with over the rest of the list and Tanya seems like she got hit like black Adam from injustice. She's still good but has to work a lot harder than before and she just seems more limited overall than kitana imo. Like I said, since kitana has mournful (which is a very solid variation), I think that covers her matchups that she has trouble in RS and vice versa. She builds meter very well, does unbreakable damage (which later on I'm sure we will see more use of), great mobility, high combo damage, and good pressure/chip traps (mournful), as well as overhead fullscreen projectiles (mournful), if that's not a top 10 character in a fighting game then idk what is. I also noticed you didn't list LK in your list, why not?
Tanya is definitely top ten.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Are you implying that Kitana is better than Raiden, Jax and Tanya? Okay.

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
Doesn't this just prove that the game has some semblance of balance though? We've got a top 10 and 5 other characters like Kung Jin, Sonya, Liu Kang, Kitana, and possibly Tremor who are easily top 10 material as well.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Better than raiden and Tanya yes, maybe or maybe not jax, hence I said "maybe." (Puts on Cavalar vest and helmet) Go on, I'm ready for the blowup now :p
Well, Kitana is good, there's no question about it, but better than these characters... no.

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
Broke shaper
Predator
Tanya
Kung Lao
Quan cheesy
Lui Kang-why everyone is silent about df?
D'vorah
Cassie
Eb
Raiden

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Broke shaper
Predator
Tanya
Kung Lao
Quan cheesy
Lui Kang-why everyone is silent about df?
D'vorah
Cassie
Eb
Raiden
Because take away his pseudo block infinite (which is most definitely gonna be patched pretty soon) and you have a solid mid tier character.

ando1184

Noob
Well, Kitana is good, there's no question about it, but better than these characters... no.
This is my list, no order and yeh sayin raiden was out of line but kitana is better than Tanya definitely.

Top 10:

- Quan Chi
- Shinnok
- Kung Lao
- Liu Kang
- Kitana
- Jax
- Cassie
- Raiden
- D'Vorah
- Erron Black

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
This is my list, no order and yeh sayin raiden was out of line but kitana is better than Tanya definitely.

Top 10:

- Quan Chi
- Shinnok
- Kung Lao
- Liu Kang
- Kitana
- Jax
- Cassie
- Raiden
- D'Vorah
- Erron Black
Well, I'm not gonna argue with you, but KJ Tanya is a top 5 character, dude. People have this tendency to think a character is top 10 because a good PLAYER placed with him/her, like Sonic Fox. It's funny when you think about it. She was horrible day one, got lots of buffs, became a solid character until someone achieved something with her that now some people think she's top 10. lol