What's new

Top 5, Top 10 or irrelevant (as of Kombat Pack 1 conclusion)

Who is the current top 10?

• Cassie

Votes: 146 39.5%
  • D'Vorah

Votes: 188 50.8%
  • Erron Black

Votes: 80 21.6%
  • Jason

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Jax

Votes: 56 15.1%
  • Kitana

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Kung Jin

Votes: 21 5.7%
  • Kung Lao

Votes: 316 85.4%
  • Liu Kang

Votes: 34 9.2%
  • Predator

Votes: 244 65.9%
  • Quan

Votes: 115 31.1%
  • Raiden

Votes: 91 24.6%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Shinnok

Votes: 243 65.7%
  • Sonya

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Sub Zero

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Tanya

Votes: 144 38.9%
  • Tremor

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • Ermac

Votes: 9 2.4%

• Total voters
Why isn't he

What is he lacking?
Faster start up frames for one and maybe better range, but that's character design I guess. As far as tools, Heavy Weapons could have much better tracking with the mini Shotgun. RPG Cancelling is bleh and shouldn't even be used when you have the at your arsenal. Can't say much about Wrestler because I haven't had experience with that one.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Faster start up frames for one and maybe better range, but that's character design I guess. As far as tools, Heavy Weapons could have much better tracking with the mini Shotgun. RPG Cancelling is bleh and shouldn't even be used when you have the at your arsenal. Can't say much about Wrestler because I haven't had experience with that one.
I co main Wrestler

Faster start up? He said a 6 frame combo started can't get much faster that that

As for range his f3 is pretty decent, his f2 may be low profileable but it's certainly a good range tool and for the pressure he does when he gets in, he be super broken if he had any better range

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
You really believe that all three variations of Jex is really good? I'd say that Pumped Up is maybe his better variation but wrestler and heavy weapons is meh. Summoner Quan Chi is probably the best zoner in the game and in the corner the best offensive-capable player but he lacks any true wakeups (outside of Warlock) and his defensive options are lacking (no armor on anything which makes Kano look tame). Outlaw Erron Black is okay but Marksman is much better. Much better and safer cancels in Marksman, much better damage off of conversions, probably one of the pest rushdown characters in this variation and he has amazing armor in this variation too. Marksman is definitely slept on in favor for Sonicfox's Outlaw.

Shinnok Boneshaper has so many holes in his pressure. Too many gaps after F2213 and the gun just only staggers the opponent for a small amount of time. So anything outside of a throw in that "vortex", is really punishable and can be countered pretty easily. His damage is okay but Impostor has the better vortex and much better damage off of conversions. Plus, Mimicry leads to some pretty nice conditioning with Hell sparks added too. I also disagree with Cassie Cage's placement, but you named Spec Ops as a reason and for that, I agree that that variation is an amazing one.
My experience with Jax is limited compared to the other characters I listed, but I feel that all 3 variations are extremely good and if one is better than the other, its a very thin line.
Summoner Quan I agree with everything you said. He has extreme offense, but terrible defense is why I have him listed at 9.
Marksman is not significantly better. At best, slightly better. While Marksman has the safe cancels, Outlaw still has option selects to make majority of his stuff safe. I also don't know where people have this idea that damage conversions are significantly better than Outlaw. Outlaw can do about the same damage that Marksman does.
Boneshaper can go for the f4 to continue pressure and chip after the dark beam on hit. I haven't seen enough of impostor to convince me that it is better than boneshaper at the moment.
Off the Cassie's I've played, I feel that both variations are very close in strength, but I really can't decide which is better than the other.

Dominique Bracy

LAZERLLAMA
Kung Lao Shinnok Predator Tanya Raiden Cassie D'vorah
Erron Black Jax Quan Chi Ermac
Kung Jin Kitana Sonya Kotal Kahn
Mileena Scorpion Tremor Kenshi Sub Zero Reptile Lui Kang
Johnny Cage Kano Ferra/Tor Jason Jacqui Takeda Goro
IMO

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I feel like most of the votes for Kung Lao were people's fourth or fifth votes that came to mind, otherwise
Tempest Kung Lao might be the most upplayed character in our history, my god.
He can get huge damage off of his frame traps off of good safe normals, and can hitconfirm hits safely with hat spin in tempest.
he builds a ton of meter with this offense and will have breakers, sure.

please just block until he teleports.
an unsafe teleport, divekick mobility... but still no forced 50-50 or 33-33-33.
still no un-breaker-able damage outside of throws.
Still not much in the way of comeback factor, like Summoner and Sorceror Quan have. Summoner using unblockables into combo, sorceror using rune trap chip death stuff.
No safe 50-50s like Raiden...
No free, safe 50-50s like Dvorah...

No tool of Lao's on it's own is broken, it's a combination of a bunch of great tools that give him the ptential to overwhelm. He doesn't beat many characters very badly, but he can pretty much mke very match 5-5... which is why I'm so tired of bad players on this site saying "I should just pick up tempest for free wins HAHA"
No. You'll still be a bad player.

Last edited:

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Lol so who's getting blown up by Yolo Tele Lao seriously? If Lao is throwing out Tele like candy then you're more free than that whale called Willie.
I think you misunderstand me. Nobody is claiming that his teleport is OP, just pointing out that listing "slow teleport" as a weakness is absurd, because he has a fucking teleport. Most characters don't.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I think you misunderstand me. Nobody is claiming that his teleport is OP, just pointing out that listing "slow teleport" as a weakness is absurd, because he has a fucking teleport. Most characters don't.
Look DAWWWG listen up MAANNNN. your clearly a scrub that thinks teleport = godlike option. I doubt it that you even play the character. You're probably some wack ass kung jin player begging for an air dash in the next patch.

D'vorah Tanya Erron Black Kung Lao and Predator I dont see an argument for anyone else besides maybe kitana. These are based off of tourney results for 4 of the 5, and predator is just known for being broken lol

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
My boy shinnok has come a long way! Hope they don't nerf him to the ground.

...and that they buff his other 2 variations maybe?