What's new

Top 5 NRS players of all time

In your opinion, who is your top 5 NRS players who is great at ALL 3 games?

• Sonicfox

• DJT

• ForeverKing

• MIT

• Foxy Grampa

• Slayer

• Wound Cowboy

• REO

• Perfect Legend

• Pig of the Hut

• Other (if so, reply in the thread who)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Haha, to be clear, I'm really glad you made the thread. This sort of stuff is juicy and interesting.

I agree with you about consistency over three games being a big factor, but I don't think all achievements are equal. Winning back-to-back EVOs is a huge deal that in my opinion compensates for future shortcomings to some extent. So if we're talking about greatness, it's hard to look past back to back EVOs. But if we're talking about the average skill across all 3 games, then no, I don't think PL would have a case to be ranked over guys like Wound, you, and others...

But I do think it's funny that people have issues with PL being ranked but thing that REO being ranked is a no-brainer. Both are being ranked almost exclusively on their MK9 resume. If one is ranked, the other should be as well.
Yeah I would put REO and PL around the same spot, based on their average across the 3 games. I'd probably put REO a little higher though because he did do better in MKX, while their MK9 and Injustice resume are about equal

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
@KingHippo you say "get out of your bubble" but don't realize that most of these nrs bums still live in their mk9 bubble days. That's probably what Pryce means when he says the scene never grows, it's always been the same bums fighting for king of the small rock with games known for cyclical short lifespans that don't appeal to the greater fgc competitively despite the money dumped in it and millions of casuals buying the game and dev support yet having a disgusting disproportionate amount of entrants at tournaments. Until Sonic Fox, a positive top player,(guys like hayatei, Jupiter too etc) showed up now those bums are scrapping for "at least I'm 4th best bum if we take into account my achievements in dead games u guise" and it'll happen in the next game except some team wants to make all this money by picking up well-known nice guys in the fgc, not nrs top bums, like fox and scar

lul

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
Yeah I would put REO and PL around the same spot, based on their average across the 3 games. I'd probably put REO a little higher though because he did do better in MKX, while their MK9 and Injustice resume are about equal
Does ESL count? Because PL was in a couple of ESL MKX offline top 8s I think. Aren't they about even in MKX since REO doesn't really compete anymore and most of his top 8 success was very early? I may be wrong.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
They picked up fox and scar for the money. No ESL and even if NRS kept throwing money at tournaments who knows if they would be echo fox now.

It's not like they care about what is happening on the ground floor, on tym, or how guys like Pryce who are the average joe going to locals where nobody plays the game anymore and comes to tym to read stuff like"top 5 nrs players" threads. It's a joke and that's it even going into specific behaviors from top players that are cancerous. There's a new game coming out which means free money and exposure. Not much to do with how "legendary" Scar and Sonicfox are they just win in their game which happens to have a lot of money and production value in it despite everything else.
Lol. Well, we can tell you don't follow esports. So let's break this down.

An organization at the tier of Echo Fox (a multi-game enterprise with teams in two of the biggest esports) does not pick players up to generate earnings from taking a small percentage of a player's $10,000 check. Making a few hundred off a tournament (which realistically, will not be profit after paying travel, lodging, marketing costs, and salaries) is chump change to them, and that suggestion would be laughed at. That's some old-world FGC team EMP-style thinking.

The buy-in for a League of Legends LCS slot alone like Echo Fox has is over a million dollars. The salaries alone and team house + media expenses add up to hundreds of thousands per year. The last place they will turn to for money is picking up 5 or 6 FGC players.

In fact, most investor-backed orgs at the size of Immortals and Echo Fox aren't actually making any money at all right now. They are losing money (millions of it) in an effort to establish a foothold that they predict will eventually become profitable (from marketing, fan subscriptions, franchising, broadcasting rights and merchandise deals -- not developer pot bonuses) within the next 5 years or so.

To do that, you need to stock your roster with players or teams that have a lasting image, to build your brand. That is why Sonic and Scar are on Echo Fox -- not so multimillionaire and former NBA player Rick Fox can supposedly line his pockets with a tiny check from a small % of the 50% of an NRS pot bonus Sonic gets from winning a tournament.

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

An organization at the tier of Echo Fox (a multi-game enterprise with teams in two of the biggest esports) does not pick players up to generate earnings from taking a small percentage of a player's $10,000 pot bonus. Making a few hundred off a tournament (which realistically, will not be profit after paying travel, lodging, marketing costs, and salaries) is chump change to them, and that suggestion would be laughed at. That's some old-world FCG team EMP-style thinking.

The buy-in for a League of Legends team alone like Echo Fox has is over a million dollars. The salaries alone and team house expenses add up to hundreds of thousands per year The last place they will turn to for money is picking up 5 FGC players.

In fact, most investor-backed orgs at the size of Immortals and Echo Fox aren't actually making any money at l right now. They are losing money (millions of it) in an effort to establish a foothold that they predict will become profitable (from marketing, fan subscriptions, broadcasting rights and merchandise deals -- *not* developer pot bonuses) withinthe next 5 years or so.

To do that, you need to stock your roster with players or teams that have a lasting image, to build your brand. That is why Sonic and Scar are on Echo Fox -- NOT so multimillionaire and former NBA player Rick Fox can supposedly line his pockets with a tiny check from a small % of the 50% of an NRS pot bonus Sonic gets from winning a tournament.
I understand there's more value in picking up players besides an ability to win every tournament for their sponsors. But what i meant by sonic fox and scar being picked up for the money is nrs being pumped with more money = more interest in the game = more people = more promotion.

It's prob what separates nrs titles from other niche fgs in the fgc, one of them is supported by Warner Bros (and isn't on one crappy platform exclusive)

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
it's always been the same bums fighting for king of the small rock
Funny that you say that whilst lording over and shitposting in the SFV thread, but I digress.

Being cynical about how the "greater FGC" doesn't play the game has been and always will be incredibly lame because it actually doesn't matter. It is not a big deal when someone like Chris G or Jwong or whomever "announces" on Twitter that they're playing the game like a celebrity with press release announcing that they have adopted a 3rd world child. It's totally cool if they stick around, like UltraDavid, but their "endorsement" should never be needed. IMAGINE being such a doofus that you only play games that top players approve of.

Sonic is a great role model, I agree. He plays the games and wins, and if he loses doesn't do awful things like spread conspiracies that the games were tailor made to his opponents "style". I also agree that some of the people who have a big voice are ludicrous and should probably be purged at the earliest possible convenience, but things don't work that way.

Lastly, I don't understand this weird appeal to other communities thing that's being discussed. Who should we "aspire" to be like? The greater SFV scene that is currently moaning and groaning for a patch immediately after the last one came out? The Smash scene with insane prima donna top players? Kinda sounds like the same thing that happens here. This is not to bury other communities, but they're not spotless. Every community has these types of people and they don't treat it like it's an end of the world issue and look down upon themselves like this one does, it's really weird to me.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
@KingHippo you say "get out of your bubble" but don't realize that most of these nrs bums still live in their mk9 bubble days. That's probably what Pryce means when he says the scene never grows, it's always been the same bums fighting for king of the small rock with games known for cyclical short lifespans that don't appeal to the greater fgc competitively despite the money dumped in it and millions of casuals buying the game and dev support yet having a disgusting disproportionate amount of entrants at tournaments. Until Sonic Fox, a positive top player, showed up now those bums are scrapping for "at least I'm 4th best bum if we take into account my achievements in dead games u guise" and it'll happen in the next game except some team wants to make all this money by picking up well-known nice guys in the fgc, not nrs top bums, like fox and scar

lul
Laaaawd

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Funny that you say that whilst lording over and shitposting in the SFV thread, but I digress.

Being cynical about how the "greater FGC" doesn't play the game has been and always will be incredibly lame because it actually doesn't matter. It is not a big deal when someone like Chris G or Jwong or whomever "announces" on Twitter that they're playing the game like a celebrity with press release announcing that they have adopted a 3rd world child. It's totally cool if they stick around, like UltraDavid, but their "endorsement" should never be needed. IMAGINE being such a doofus that you only play games that top players approve of.

Sonic is a great role model, I agree. He plays the games and wins, and if he loses doesn't do awful things like spread conspiracies that the games were tailor made to his opponents "style". I also agree that some of the people who have a big voice are ludicrous and should probably be purged at the earliest possible convenience, but things don't work that way.

Lastly, I don't understand this weird appeal to other communities thing that's being discussed. Who should we "aspire" to be like? The greater SFV scene that is currently moaning and groaning for a patch immediately after the last one came out? The Smash scene with insane prima donna top players? Kinda sounds like the same thing that happens here. This is not to bury other communities, but they're not spotless. Every community has these types of people and they don't treat it like it's an end of the world issue and look down upon themselves like this one does, it's really weird to me.
Forget the whataboutism it's about what it is. And if the same grown men nobody has heard of outside of people on this site or in the case of being a "character" like Brady, feeling themselves over being second fiddle to sonicfox or whining on twitter or making secret little clubhouses calling it "the real nrs community" are "top players" 4 years in a row plus the game dying slowly after the first evo, then a small flicker after "the patch" then we do it all over again, is Pryce really wrong when he talks about the community? Ignoring it or even enjoying it is your thing but he has a point. Guys like UltraDavid or Chris G just dip their toes in this community for a reason. I'm not saying let's change the nrs community or put some people's head on stakes I don't care that much, just asking if he's actually wrong lul

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I understand there's more value in picking up players besides an ability to win every tournament for their sponsors. But what i meant by sonic fox and scar being picked up for the money is nrs being pumped with more money = more interest in the game = more people = more promotion.

It's prob what separates nrs titles from other niche fgs in the fgc, one of them is supported by Warner Bros (and isn't on one crappy platform exclusive)
I hear you. But I think there's a big factor missing here, and it's this: Mortal Kombat is a classically American franchise in a sea of mostly Japanese products.

There's something about this which feels like 'home' and fits in right alongside other American-developed titles like CoD and DotA.

For example, 80k people weren't tuning into the Fatal 8 because of the prize pool -- it was because it was the return of Mortal Kombat; and that's a big deal in 'murica, South America, and Europe. Ed Boon is something of a star here and when he says "hey guys, I'm announcing a new Mortal Kombat, watch this event" the Western world gets excited in a way that's not going to happen for say, Tekken or BlazBlue.

SF is really the only other title that has that sort of impact, and it's because it featured Western-looking characters (sorry Ken and Ryu, but you know it's true ;) ) and had its birth at the height of the American arcade explosion and during the American Karate craze. Marvel features Western comic book characters, so it kind of retains a bit of that as well.

There's a huge amount of potential here, and the only reason it hasn't been unlocked yet is that we've been operating mostly within the FGC (a Capcom-born and based collection of events) rather than outside of it like Smash. But being a Chicago-based non-cartoon FG title is kind of cool and I think it's shown in the interest these games get in the Western world.

Last edited:

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
And if the same grown men nobody has heard of outside of people on this site or in the case of being a "character" like Brady
That's a cold take, and one I don't think people would argue against. Guys like Pig and Tom and others can be absolutely embarrassing and unbearable at times, yes.

whining on twitter or making secret little clubhouses calling it "the real nrs community"
I don't know if you're being disingenuous or naive enough to believe that this doesn't happen in other communities. I'm not saying that it's okay because of it, it's equally obnoxious, but it's there.

Guys like UltraDavid or Chris G just dip their toes in this community for a reason.
I don't doubt that the people the community listens to the most for some reason can be absolutely unbearable, but is there not also the probable idea that they don't like getting talked back to? Fuudo for thought.

the game dying slowly after the first evo, then a small flicker after "the patch"
That literally hasn't happened since MK9 first Evo. IGAU and MKX second Evos were big events that held some of the highest level of play at the time. MKX second Evo was a bigger NRS event than every previous tournament that came before it. Where's that logic come from?

I'm not saying a guy like Pryce isn't wrong with calling out certain aspects of the community being incredibly shameful, but to decry the whole community because of a few bad eggs is a pretty rotten thing to do. It sucks that those that stink the most are the loudest, but maybe some of these top guys should do the right thing and start regulating these clowns.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Guys like UltraDavid or Chris G just dip their toes in this community for a reason. I'm not saying let's change the nrs community or put some people's head on stakes I don't care that much, just asking if he's actually wrong lul
Ok: so can you name one fighting game community outside of Capcom that UltraDavid more than 'dips his toes in'? I mean, that's what he and Chris (along with other people like Maximilian) do. They dip their toes in a bunch of things, mostly during the first year of release. But UD and Chris know where home is -- and again, that's because of a history that goes back decades. Not just the games, but the people playing them who are old friends.

If UD says he likes the game, I take him at his word. But he grew up with Capcom -- and if you want people like an UltraDavid or a Chris G here, we have to build/bring them up ourselves.

And then someday people will be talking about how Sonic Fox just 'dipped his toes' in X game or Y game. The legends of every game are built from within, not from without.

Trust me, the Smash community isn't crying that Mike Ross and Seth Killian aren't commentating their game. They have D1 and Prog and both of those guys were homegrown. Neither began as an incredibly big name. You have to start somewhere.

P.S. We need to grow past this idea that we need someone from another game's community to validate our game to make it legit. It's time. Now let's get back to the hype and smack talk.

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
That's a cold take, and one I don't think people would argue against. Guys like Pig and Tom and others can be absolutely embarrassing and unbearable at times, yes.

I don't know if you're being disingenuous or naive enough to believe that this doesn't happen in other communities. I'm not saying that it's okay because of it, it's equally obnoxious, but it's there.

I don't doubt that the people the community listens to the most for some reason can be absolutely unbearable, but is there not also the probable idea that they don't like getting talked back to? Fuudo for thought.

That literally hasn't happened since MK9 first Evo. IGAU and MKX second Evos were big events that held some of the highest level of play at the time. MKX second Evo was a bigger NRS event than every previous tournament that came before it. Where's that logic come from?

I'm not saying a guy like Pryce isn't wrong with calling out certain aspects of the community being incredibly shameful, but to decry the whole community because of a few bad eggs is a pretty rotten thing to do. It sucks that those that stink the most are the loudest, but maybe some of these top guys should do the right thing and start regulating these clowns.
The thing is the community is so small here that you can't just hang out at a different lunch table like Capcom. I don't even think it's that bad over there but of course you have bums like LTG or bums who actually have skill like Wolfkrone but they're not the role models. You can watch Pr Rog, Floe, Wong, Ultrachen, KBrad, Daigo, Topanga, Infiltration, Xian, ISDD, Valle, Nuckledu, NyCheisG, Smug, Sabin, there's the European guys, literally any Asian streamer like xyzzz or poongko. At least a dozen more too. And there's the little guys who still pull hundreds of views who are not cancer and don't charge you for " a block of their time" or whatever that other guy said in this thread. I even pulled into Wolfkrone and LTG's stream from time to time and they don't charge people for advice lul.

In nrs community what stream or twitter do I follow if I'm not interested in gossip girl high school Skype calls or crybaby posts but want to see "top players" teach me something? Sonicfox like once a month?

I like most of the people I've seen post here on an individual level, don't like to generalize as the whole community tbh and respect the guys you see going offline too like Cossner, Decay, Chef or Jupiter or Hayatei, foxy etc when I watched MKX stuff. But, for some reasons, it seems like the stink rises too high in the nrs community and only guys like Fox or Scar at the top can rise above it sometimes.

I got my timelines messed up. Second Evo is the one where "the patch" is supposed to save the game, I mean that one.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Last thing I'm going to add:

People forget that these 'grandfatherly-type' names like Alex Valle also talked hella smack back in the day, and that it's that kind of excitement and tension that originally built this scene. There were SF players in NY and SoCal that legitimately didn't like each other. The 'street' nature of competition carried directly from an unforgiving arcade scene into national tournaments. Guys were fierce, they thought they were the best, and they did not care what you thought about it. The scene being funded now does not change this.

HungryBox and Mango legitimately don't like each other. While they were beefing, the scene has grown x10.

Anyway, I'd rather be talking about King and Cowboy playing another FT10 before the end of MKX's life, than waxing poetic about somebody else's community and why they do or don't roll out a red carpet for us.

So how about that MKX/IGAU2 hype :D Who's next?

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
But it seems like the stink rises too high in the nrs community
I agree with this too, but I also think that a lot of this would be subverted if you went to a tournament and interacted with these people. It's not quite as bad as you might think. Like most, there are little cliques, but none that are so unapproachable that you'll get roasted in person for even thinking of being in their presence. However, I can see why this can be thought, and I do have to acknowledge my privilege of being close personal friends with more than a few of the "top" players.

In nrs community what stream or twitter do I follow if I'm not interested in gossip girl high school Skype calls or crybaby posts but want to see "top players" teach me something?
I agree this is a major issue going forward and one that I hope will be addressed. The endless, pointless Skype calls on streams that exist pretty much to, like you said, gossip and stuff can at times be a bit much. I don't think it will (nor should) go away completely, I just think the alternative needs to be presented, which doesn't happen very often.

I also think that even when people are trying to post some little mechanic or tech about the game it's largely with a tone of "God this is so messed up and it should be removed" rather than a simple presentation, and that's probably because some people seem to legit think that the people making the game value their opinions. That's unfortunate, but I'm not sure how to solve that.

My hope is that with more and more of the guys that just play and win a lot getting sponsored, we might see some more of that alternative streaming, but it sorta is what it is right now.

Side Note: ISDD in that list is the biggest "one of these things is not like the other" things I've ever seen.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I agree with this too, but I also think that a lot of this would be subverted if you went to a tournament and interacted with these people. It's not quite as bad as you might think. Like most, there are little cliques, but none that are so unapproachable that you'll get roasted in person for even thinking of being in their presence. However, I can see why this can be thought, and I do have to acknowledge my privilege of being close personal friends with more than a few of the "top" players.

I agree this is a major issue going forward and one that I hope will be addressed. The endless, pointless Skype calls on streams that exist pretty much to, like you said, gossip and stuff can at times be a bit much. I don't think it will (nor should) go away completely, I just think the alternative needs to be presented, which doesn't happen very often.

I also think that even when people are trying to post some little mechanic or tech about the game it's largely with a tone of "God this is so messed up and it should be removed" rather than a simple presentation, and that's probably because some people seem to legit think that the people making the game value their opinions. That's unfortunate, but I'm not sure how to solve that.

My hope is that with more and more of the guys that just play and win a lot getting sponsored, we might see some more of that alternative streaming, but it sorta is what it is right now.

Side Note: ISDD in that list is the biggest "one of these things is not like the other" things I've ever seen.

I know I said I was done. But then why shit talk me and tell me I was wrong because I was the one to call people out on their bullshit? That's kinda fucked up. Maybe you just didn't understand the way I interpreted it which is my fault, but whatever. It is what it is.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I know I said I was done. But then why shit talk me and tell me I was wrong because I was the one to call people out on their bullshit? That's kinda fucked up. Maybe you just didn't understand the way I interpreted it which is my fault, but whatever. It is what it is.
You misunderstand. I have never disagreed that there needs to be a lot of swamp draining, I disagree that it is murdering the scene. That kind of melodramatic talk needs to go right down the toilet along with a lot of the other stuff because it's not true and it's not helping anything.

I'm all for regulators, but I think to taint it with the "THIS COMMUNITY IS DYING" and talk about how "It's too elitist and we should appeal to all communities" is super sawft and completely flies against the face of your argument. Talk about the stuff that matters, not that other nonsense.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I hear you. But I think there's a big factor missing here, and it's this: Mortal Kombat is a classically American franchise in a sea of mostly Japanese products.

There's something about this which feels like 'home' and fits in right alongside other American-developed titles like CoD and DotA.

For example, 80k people weren't tuning into the Fatal 8 because of the prize pool -- it was because it was the return of Mortal Kombat; and that's a big deal in 'murica, South America, and Europe. Ed Boon is something of a star here and when he says "hey guys, I'm announcing a new Mortal Kombat, watch this event" the Western world gets excited in a way that's not going to happen for say, Tekken or BlazBlue.

SF is really the only other title that has that sort of impact, and it's because it featured Western-looking characters (sorry Ken and Ryu, but you know it's true ;) ) and had its birth at the height of the American arcade explosion and during the American Karate craze. Marvel features Western comic book characters, so it kind of retains a bit of that as well.

There's a huge amount of potential here, and the only reason it hasn't been unlocked yet is that we've been operating mostly within the FGC (a Capcom-born and based collection of events) rather than outside of it like Smash. But being a Chicago-based non-cartoon FG title is kind of cool and I think it's shown in the interest these games get in the Western world.
We're talking about the community, something totally different than a debut of a beloved franchise's new game. I do agree that DC or MK fgs have potential in that way I think Echofox realizes that there is potential in nrs games specifically Injustice 2, but again I think it's it's a numbers thing not a, "I love seeing the enthusiasm on tym" thing which was King Hippo's point.

You definitely would know more about the history or phenomenon of these franchises than I would but I'm not so sure how relevant these things are when it comes to taking it as a sign our community has earned an Echofox team even if I do think the players totally do.

Ok: so can you name one fighting game community outside of Capcom that UltraDavid more than 'dips his toes in'? I mean, that's what he and Chris (along with other people like Maximilian) do. They dip their toes in a bunch of things, mostly during the first year of release. But UD and Chris know where home is -- and again, that's because of a history that goes back decades. Not just the games, but the people playing them who are old friends.

If UD says he likes the game, I take him at his word. But he grew up with Capcom -- and if you want people like an UltraDavid or a Chris G here, we have to build/bring them up ourselves.

And then someday people will be talking about how Sonic Fox just 'dipped his toes' in X game or Y game. The legends of every game are built from within, not from without.

Trust me, the Smash community isn't crying that Mike Ross and Seth Killian aren't commentating their game. They have D1 and Prog and both of those guys were homegrown. Neither began as an incredibly big name. You have to start somewhere.

P.S. We need to grow past this idea that we need someone from another game's community to validate our game to make it legit. It's time. Now let's get back to the hype and smack talk.
I didn't mean it like "why can't we have those guys" it's more like "why has UltraDavid made posts saying the NRS community is kind've sketchy". I met Chris G once at wnf and he seemed really cool with all the nrs guys and he's always been an MK player, so it's weird to me why he doesn't associate himself more often or hardly play the game etc.

I'm trying to say for a game that has this level of support around it you'd think there'd be just more faces around or at least locals with smaller communities. Anybody not just Capcom guys.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
"I love seeing the enthusiasm on tym" thing which was King Hippo's point.
Really wasn't, I was trying to emphasize that clearly the brand and community isn't going to shrivel up and die because of minor community nuisances if someone with so much jack is investing in two of our players. I don't think any forums for competitive fighters would excite anybody to do anything. You ever seen SRK? Ghost town. At least this one has a pulse.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Can you just stop pretending like because the top guys have egos and confidence that it means they don't care? You will never find bigger defenders then the absolute top guys; again, just because we like to argue over who was the best is all BECAUSE they care about the game and its legacy. Jesus H, dude, grow up.

Also, again, get out of the bubble and realize that MK and NRS games in general are WEIRD. They are a NICHE title because they are WEIRD and unlike the standard. SF and Marvel exist with established legacies and more or less "traditional" play. Games that deviate like GG and BB and MK and Injustice and KI and DOA and KOF will always have small turnouts because they don't appeal on a wide basis. Which is totally fine, it just means that its players tend to be dedicated solely to it and are more fanatic, but most importantly it also means there can only be so many of those fans.

This is also all ignoring that Echo Fox is assembling what they feel to be the biggest stars of the FGC and put Sonic and Scar amongst legends like Jwong, Tokido and Momochi. If our scene was so terrible and so not worth putting up with, why would they get recognized? Two things: A) NRS games have big dev support and pot bonuses and B) clearly people with more business acumen than us thanks that those two are marketable and popular talents. And they also indulge in the same sort of shenanigans (or have in the past) and it was none the worse for wear.

If anything, you need to be less sensitive that people are "laughing" at the scene for having small numbers because you should know better. But you don't, so by all means continue to wallow in despair at the state of the scene like all those other geeks like TakeaChance and CharlieMurphey and those Red Fist clowns while the scene actually moves on and continues to grow like it has for years.
This man went "Red Fist Avatar"

When you mention "The Red Fist Avatar Revolution of 2013" u know things just got real

#nvrForget

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

I think all kinds of people play nrs games or try them casually especially some I've surprisingly met playing sfv with but nobody wants to walk into the big fart cloud that this community presents itself as from miles away. And that's where guys like Pryce want to see change in instead of people digging their heels in and saying "what about Capcom man ".

I wasn't even born a Capcom player but it's funny to see nrs guys try to pull a "gotcha" on the Capcom community. Like the sales were bad yet they have 5x your evo entrants but of course it's only because the legacy of the game and money, yet this is coming from an nrs player. lul that ones my favorite. Too much small man syndrome here.

Really wasn't, I was trying to emphasize that clearly the brand and community isn't going to shrivel up and die because of minor community nuisances if someone with so much jack is investing in two of our players. I don't think any forums for competitive fighters would excite anybody to do anything. You ever seen SRK? Ghost town. At least this one has a pulse.
You know what I mean, like the spirit of tym itself or the twitter posts is the reflection of nrs online community. I hear it all the time "nrs players aren't that bad in person", nobody should have to say that our loud and it should be fixed. I think they looked past all the garbage we agree about is what I'm saying. It sounded like you tried to legitimize the community's " un- terribleness" by pointing at the Echofox sponsorship when I'm saying it's just a numbers game.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

An organization at the tier of Echo Fox (a multi-game enterprise with teams in two of the biggest esports) does not pick players up to generate earnings from taking a small percentage of a player's $10,000 check. Making a few hundred off a tournament (which realistically, will not be profit after paying travel, lodging, marketing costs, and salaries) is chump change to them, and that suggestion would be laughed at. That's some old-world FGC team EMP-style thinking.

The buy-in for a League of Legends LCS slot alone like Echo Fox has is over a million dollars. The salaries alone and team house + media expenses add up to hundreds of thousands per year. The last place they will turn to for money is picking up 5 or 6 FGC players.

In fact, most investor-backed orgs at the size of Immortals and Echo Fox aren't actually making any money at all right now. They are losing money (millions of it) in an effort to establish a foothold that they predict will eventually become profitable (from marketing, fan subscriptions, franchising, broadcasting rights and merchandise deals -- not developer pot bonuses) within the next 5 years or so.

To do that, you need to stock your roster with players or teams that have a lasting image, to build your brand. That is why Sonic and Scar are on Echo Fox -- not so multimillionaire and former NBA player Rick Fox can supposedly line his pockets with a tiny check from a small % of the 50% of an NRS pot bonus Sonic gets from winning a tournament.
Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Pig Of The Hut

Sure I complain sometimes, sometimes unbareable; I agree but I've done more for this community in tourney and outside tourney than most. Sure that doesn't excuse my mistakes and complaining but everyone can hold that

Also Shazzy is unbearable, had to "show blocked messages" to see them and now I have aids