What's new

Top 5 NRS players of all time

In your opinion, who is your top 5 NRS players who is great at ALL 3 games?

• Sonicfox

• DJT

• ForeverKing

• MIT

• Foxy Grampa

• Slayer

• Wound Cowboy

• REO

• Perfect Legend

• Pig of the Hut

• Other (if so, reply in the thread who)

Results are only viewable after voting.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
In a way that makes sense but the esl finals only had 16 people competing offline
That's true, but you could argue...

It was the cream of the crop, so it was a little more stacked than usual. Now I know that it wasn't necessarily that, but I could see the argument. It's interesting.

Reactions: GAV

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
That's true, but you could argue...

It was the cream of the crop, so it was a little more stacked than usual. Now I know that it wasn't necessarily that, but I could see the argument. It's interesting.
Well the EU players have even admitted themselves that the competition isn't as strong over there so you could eliminate some of the EU guys and there were some online warriors that made it that seemed like they only made it because of the shit net code such as Crawling Shadow

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
In regards to the shit Pig says in his vids (and he can correct me if I'm wrong here), I'm willing to bet that a majority of the 'controversial' shit he says and the attitude he has towards the game is purposely played up for entertainment value and to get a rise out of the gullable. I do that shit too, I'm sure many of you do too! Sometimes you just get bored and want to talk some shit with no hard feelings, or have a joke with dudes you're hella tight with (that viewers DONT realise), but it seems impossible to do this without being held accountable these days.

Yay or nay @Pig Of The Hut ?

Reactions: GAV

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
In regards to the shit Pig says in his vids (and he can correct me if I'm wrong here), I'm willing to bet that a majority of the 'controversial' shit he says and the attitude he has towards the game is purposely played up for entertainment value and to get a rise out of the gullable. I do that shit too, I'm sure many of you do too! Sometimes you just get bored and want to talk some shit with no hard feelings, or have a joke with dudes you're hella tight with (that viewers DONT realise), but it seems impossible to do this without being held accountable these days.

Tbh he probs wouldn't clear it up just to keep the numpties guessing haha

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
That's interesting, and to bring this topic back on point, because if you look at it, the ESL's would help lend some credence to PL's overall placing since he did do pretty well and placed above some decent players at those ESL's. I could see discounting like the weekly online results, but those offline results should probably count for something right?
Yeah I suppose the offline events should count for something, just sucks that you had to win online to make it to the offline events. The offline events weren't like a normal tournament that anyone could just sign up for like CEO or something. But with the new netcode I would definitely count that ESL

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Only thing that sucks about ESL is the single-elim stuff leading up a big finish, would be fun to count those events too. That stuff stinks, but what are ya gonna do.

Someone brought it up earlier, but if Chris G had a medal for MKX (which he was very close to in 2015), would he be up there? I think it's definitely possible.

coolwhip

Noob
If anything, you need to be less sensitive that people are "laughing" at the scene for having small numbers because you should know better. But you don't, so by all means continue to wallow in despair at the state of the scene like all those other geeks like TakeaChance and CharlieMurphey and those Red Fist clowns while the scene actually moves on and continues to grow like it has for years.
Hippo wins this thread for reminding me of the Red Fist avatars... a true golden era in TYM history.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Yes, some other FGs don't like NRS games but the main reason isn't the community as far as I can tell.

People seem to have forgotten, but the main reason Ultradavid and others dropped it is the patch frequency. Folks can agree or disagree about how good the NRS patch cycle is, but the fact of the matter is that it is the biggest complaint, above all else.

I personally think the high patch frequency is made necessary due to the abysmal balance at the start of NRS games, but they should address this by testing more before releasing so they don't need to patch so heavily.

Been there done that

Not recommended, he'll learn
He did. Keits stopped interacting on streams, twitter and forums. It was quite unfortunate, but the nature of the FGC is players get so caught up in their characters and passionate about them that they can't maturely interact with the developers so they end up losing that level of interaction. Quintessentially looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Honestly no

What I say is usually truthfully/how I feel however most of that is temporary salt.

Sometimes its upplayed for entertainment but not very much

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Still patiently waiting for someone to explain the Red Fist movement too, sounds kinky though
It was a combination of The Bubonic Plague/The Black Death circa 1346-1353 in Europe combined with Adam Sandler movies post age 42 mixed with the sprint guy/former Verizon "can u hear me now" with an additive bonus of Tears and mullets

It was bad

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Only thing that sucks about ESL is the single-elim stuff leading up a big finish, would be fun to count those events too. That stuff stinks, but what are ya gonna do.

Someone brought it up earlier, but if Chris G had a medal for MKX (which he was very close to in 2015), would he be up there? I think it's definitely possible.
Aside from the single elim thing (and the original Xbox thing), ESL is the only competition where the Top 16 is dictated by the region you've stacked your points in, rather than who would beat who if everyone involved all had to play to get there.

I think this makes for a cool international exhibition, and I think ESL has been really good for the community. But I also don't think placing at ESL is exactly the same as a major. Like, it should count for something, but how do you reconcile the fact that X number of slots have to be from said region? To me that makes the 16 man bracket into a sort of exhibition.

It's still cool to have it, but it kind of falls into its own category (and that's evidenced by the fact that some of the same people have had difficulty placing at majors).

Last edited:

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Would be entertaining to see a cross-game exhibition to see who would currently be the top 3 in each of the games today. Even though it wouldn't be relevant in the grand scheme of things I would still enjoy watching it