What's new

Top 5 NRS players of all time

In your opinion, who is your top 5 NRS players who is great at ALL 3 games?

• Sonicfox

• DJT

• ForeverKing

• MIT

• Foxy Grampa

• Slayer

• Wound Cowboy

• REO

• Perfect Legend

• Pig of the Hut

• Other (if so, reply in the thread who)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I know this looks like a dozen other threads we've seen on TYM before, but this one's actually different. I want to talk about the best NRS players in general, as in all 3 NRS games. If you are only good at MK9, you won't be making this list. If you've only played MKX and Injustice, you aren't making this list. In order to make this list, you have to be great at ALL 3 NRS games and have a good tournament resume to back it up for all 3.

So without further delay, I'll announce the top 3 in my opinion.

Sonicfox
DJT
ForeverKing

In my opinion, this is the undebatable top 3. These 3 players all won tournaments and placed many top 8's in all 3 games, and in their primes were basically able to beat any other player on the planet in all 3 games. As far as tournament results go, the top 3 is uncontested.

The next 2 spots can become very debatable though. I'll name a few contestants and some honorable mentions as well:

MIT - Evo medals in all 3 games
Wound Cowboy - Top 20 player in MK9 and Injustice, top 10 player in MKX
Foxy Grampa - If he would have traveled more for MK9/Injustice I can almost guarantee his results would as good as the top 3 or better
REO - Many top 8's across all 3 games, stopped playing Injustice very early though
Perfect Legend - Many top 8's in Injustice/MK9, MKX a little rough though made ESL finals a few times
Pig of the Hut - Same boat as Perfect Legend
Slayer - Top 8's across all 3 games, MKX was his best for sure not super top in the others
M2Dave - Did very well in MK9, would have probably done the same in the other 2 games if he traveled
Noobe - Very solid in all 3 games
Gross - Very solid in all 3 games
Ketchup & Mustard - Very solid in all 3 games

As far as tournament results go, I'd have to give the next two spots to MIT and Wound Cowboy. As far as honest opinion goes, I would probably swap out Wound for Foxy because Foxy is just ridiculous but didn't get to compete offline that often in the first two games.
So what do you guys think? Did I miss any honorable mentions? Also Happy New Years TYM :D

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
REO didn't drop injustice early though. He got top 8 the first evo. And then the events he did travel too he also got top 8. He just didn't travel as much cause he didn't enjoy the game as much as he did MK9. But he did have a good amount of top 8's. Its hard to make the list cause some players like DJT also wasn't around much for Inj. But when he was there he got top 8's. Slayer also has an Evo medal in Injustice. Its just a hard list to make. Sonicfox should be on there since he was very strong in MKX and INjustice and did well in M9. But should we punish REO cause he was kinda the reverse. Strong in MK9 did well in MKX and Injustice. Just a very hard list to make

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Sonic
DJT
ForeverKing
Reo
Perfect Legend

I can't put foxy in over PL simply because PL has his results(two evo wins included). I can't say foxy would have done this or that if he traveled because we just don't know.

MIT is definitely hard to keep out but going up against Reo is super tough. Had to give the edge to him

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Picking between Sonic and Reo for #1 is like picking between Jordan and LeBron. Fuck.

No one will ever equal Fox's dominance, but Reo and Kabal literally shaped the scene as we knew it/know it now.

1. Fox/Reo.
2. Carl.
3. DJT.
4. Foxy.
5. King.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
King didn't you fail to place at evo for inj and mkx?
Any MLG top8s for inj or mk9? I can't remember if you did place mk9 at MLG

You're in my top 10 no doubt but top3? Can we be serious?

Sonic
Djt
And 3rd slot is a toss up between like 4 people MIT pig wound maybe yourself

Also you failed to mention for PL 2 time mk9 evo winner. That's kinda a big deal

"Pig made some top8s" bitch (my tone is joking- think tom brady hehe) I made 19 top8s and 18 were in a row. Sonic may be the only one to touch that maybe

Fun thread though

Pig Of The Hut

For #3 I'm leaning towards wound or MIT

MIT has 3 evo medals (all nrs games) and has performed well in all 3 games. MLG placements as well. Consistent

Wound performed well in all 3, came on late in mk9 but medaled in 2013 and 2016 two separate games. He can blame Jivan for not medaling in 2014.

Pig Of The Hut

I mean, when you're making a best list it's almost impossible to name yourself without looking like an asshole. But that's why I use results lol. Can't deny results
I agree

2 evo medals
MLG championship
18 major top8 streak

5th Impact Clash Mortal Kombat 9
2nd Greenville Regionals Mortal Kombat 9
7th Nec Mortal Kombat 9
1st NewEgg Online Mortal Kombat

2nd Final Round Mortal Kombat 9
2nd UFGT Mortal Kombat 9
7th MLG Anaheim Mortal Kombat 9
1st MWC Mortal Kombat 9
1st MLG Spring Arena Mortal Kombat 9
3rd EVO World Championship MK9
3rd MLG Raleigh MK9
3rd MLG Dallas MK9
1st Frosty Faustings MK9
Won 20 Local tournaments

7th SCR Mortal Kombat 9
5th Ceo Mortal Kombat 9
2nd MWC Injustice
1st MWC Mortal Kombat 9
9th Evo World Championship MK9
9th CEO Injustice
9th TFC Injustice

7th Final Round Mortal Kombat 9
9th Final Round Injustice
5th KIT Injustice
4th Ceo Injustice
7th MLG Injustice
2nd EVO World Championship Injustice

5th MWC Mortal Kombat X
3rd ESL Season 1 Finals Mortal Kombat X
Qualified for ESL Season 2 Finals Mortal Kombat s2

May have missed a few

ForeverKing

King didn't you fail to place at evo for inj and mkx?
Any MLG top8s for inj or mk9? I can't remember if you did place mk9 at MLG

You're in my top 10 no doubt but top3? Can we be serious?

Sonic
Djt
And 3rd slot is a toss up between like 4 people MIT pig wound maybe yourself

Also you failed to mention for PL 2 time mk9 evo winner. That's kinda a big deal

"Pig made some top8s" bitch (my tone is joking- think tom brady hehe) I made 19 top8s and 18 were in a row. Sonic may be the only one to touch that maybe

Fun thread though
Yeah I'm trying not to name specific achievements for 1 game, I'm trying to generalize achievemetns across all 3 games. But no I didn't place Evo for MKX or Injustice, 9th place for both though 1 spot away. Even though I missed top 8 Evo for Injustice and MKX, I would say it's safe to say that I placed top 8 at like over 15 events for each game which basically makes up for it lol. And I also didn't place at any MLG for MK9 but I did place top 8 at every MK9 Evo besides 2011 (which I wasn't competing at that time)

Pig Of The Hut

Yeah I'm trying not to name specific achievements for 1 game, I'm trying to generalize achievemetns across all 3 games. But no I didn't place Evo for MKX or Injustice, 9th place for both though 1 spot away. Even though I missed top 8 Evo for Injustice and MKX, I would say it's safe to say that I placed top 8 at like over 15 events for each game which basically makes up for it lol. And I also didn't place at any MLG for MK9 but I did place top 8 at every MK9 Evo besides 2011 (which I wasn't competing at that time)
Top 10 resume, should be proud

Top 3? Idk

Perfect Legend, REO, CDjr in mk9, Sonic Fox (injustice and mkx), wound cowboy (mk9, mkx), honorable mention to: Forever King (mk9, mkx), 16Bit (mk9,inj), MIT, DJT (mk9, mkx)

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Dang I'm too dumb to find out how to change my vote or can you not do that in this thread?

Anyhow basically I think Wound and MIT are always getting underrated for no real reason. Imo fox and DJT are the only ones on lock for top 5.

ForeverKing

Top 10 resume, should be proud

Top 3? Idk
Evo isn't everything in my opinion. It's holds alot of weight of course, being the largest and toughest fighting game tournament in the world every year. But let's say we have player A who got top 8 at Evo, and maybe one or two other top 8's throughout the year but missed like 20 top 8's. Then you have player B who got 9th at Evo, but then got top 8 at over 15 majors thoughout the year and only missed like 4 or 5 top 8's.

In my opinion player B is much much stronger. You can play really good out of your mind one weekend and get Evo top 8 and that's awesome, but consistency is much more important than a one and done perfomance when you're trying to figure out who is the best

Pig Of The Hut

Evo isn't everything in my opinion. It's holds alot of weight of course, being the largest and toughest fighting game tournament in the world every year. But let's say we have player A who got top 8 at Evo, and maybe one or two other top 8's throughout the year but missed like 20 top 8's. Then you have player B who got 9th at Evo, but then got top 8 at over 15 majors thoughout the year and only missed like 4 or 5 top 8's.

In my opinion player B is much much stronger. You can play really good out of your mind one weekend and get Evo top 8 and that's awesome, but consistency is much more important than a one and done perfomance when you're trying to figure out who is the best
I'm sorry but when did the NFL or any competitive organizationstart passing out trophies for "almost, you'll get em next time"

We don't celebrate 9th, evo is everything. That's our championship, no one cares about what u did w this dinky major and this over here.